Tournament Style Tron League?

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Dalsue
On Lightcycle Grid

Tournament Style Tron League?

Post by Dalsue »

I've really been getting upset with the amount of Pickups I've been playing and users either play it like it's nothing. So I was thinking about taking organized matches to the next level.

I used to be a part of leagues on Pogo.com games.. Well, I thought maybe it could be implemented into Tron.

Orion wanted to get a cash league going, which I think is a bit too far right now.

This is halfway, but it is free.

I made this & am looking to get others who can "host" tournaments. This could go to anywhere from 1v1 to 6v6 Tournaments.

http://www.myleague.com/tronbattles/

Basically, you can enter with "Bux" (given to you for free) and you can have a ranked system on the ladder.

Bux can eventually be redeemed for junk in the Myleague store, but I personally think the ranks are more to brag about.

It's free to sign up and I think this could be a way to replace Pickup & add more competition.

Basically a Tournament Director (TD/Host) creates a tournament (I will make interested users TDs) and users register. Teams can range from 1 to 6 players per team, creating an environment for WST/Fort/1v1/TST maybe somehow?

This would really combine toursumo with pickup and create a more competition atmosphere for the game.

I personally think it would be great and it would allow for users and teams to have organized matches without having to wait every other weekend or monthly Ladle. So great practice, competition, and fun all in 1.

PM me if you are interested on helping me and Coco with this project as I am looking for Hosts.

Please signup at the link provided above. It is free and I would like to build interest. I know that by posting it here, the possibility is greater. (NO I do not gain any money from this, it's all free!)

-Dal

*This does not have to be just Sumo/Fortress competition either! Other game mode tournaments can be made and established to bring together all gametypes and players from those gametypes.

Step 1: Get some extra administrative help such as Tournament Directors & Admins
Step 2: Get the user base.
Step 3: Test.
Step 4: Have fun!
Last edited by Dalsue on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: Tournament Style Tron League?

Post by Ratchet »

Wow Dal... haha myleagues for tron??? I dunno :X I forgot about MyLeague. It actually kinda makes sense, we could have tron TD's lol
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Dalsue
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Dalsue »

Ratchet wrote:Wow Dal... haha myleagues for tron??? I dunno :X I forgot about MyLeague. It actually kinda makes sense, we could have tron TD's lol
Yeah. You played Pogo, maybe you can help with it and help others understand it. All we really need is the signups and we could start something out of it.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

It's been a long time since I've seen any of this, maybe I could help if we could get enough people involved? It's A LOT easier to keep standings and ratings with.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

This really has some potential, Dal. I just checked it out and like the idea and simplicity of it. I will be signing up to host a tournament. As a member of Ww, we are planning to do some Saturday tourneys again, so this could make it more fun for everyone.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

Sounds like fun, I'll contribute what resources I can
Attachments
1372565494940.png
1372565494940.png (191.87 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
Dalsue
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Dalsue »

Users who want to sign up to host tournaments must first make an account on the site.
I will be selecting a few Admins/Head TDs. These users are/will be well respected in the Tron community from various gametypes.

I think this could broaden a lot of things and you will begin to see that competitions won't just be your average fort or sumo.

If you want to see this take off, your only job is to get the word out.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

I know this was started when Elo sumo Got nerfed, but it was kind of ignored :/

I think this is a great idea and I would also love to help if you need it! glad there is someone out there who is tired of all the complaining in pickups :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dalsue
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Dalsue »

You can also have one person sign up "clans/teams"

So we can have individual users as well as clans/teams signed up as one.
Dalsue
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Dalsue »

WE NEED MEMBERS!

compguygene

Post by compguygene »

I signed up! I think that many people won't bother with signing up for this until we plan an event that uses it. I need to take some more time to fully play with and understand the capabilities there. I can really see this being used in clan/team oriented tournaments. Right now in Ww we are getting ready to host some Ww tourneys like the old days, but using the wiki, etc. This might be a nice way to enhance those tourneys.
Dalsue
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Dalsue »

Wiki will not be needed with this.

Compguy & other interested users who want host/become a tournament director.

http://www.myleague.com/tronbattles/tou ... plication/

I'll approve you, no need to provide details.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Thanks for the explanation. Application submitted.

As to the Wiki, it would still be wise to list tournaments on the Wiki calendar with a link to this site. It makes it easier for some players and other Tournament organizers to avoid clashing dates.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

compguygene wrote:As to the Wiki, it would still be wise to list tournaments on the Wiki calendar with a link to this site. It makes it easier for some players and other Tournament organizers to avoid clashing dates.
It may also be nice to have the competition hub up to date. That was kind'a why I made my countdown in the first place, just to keep track and have links readily available.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Thanks Light. I meant the competition hub, but forgot to call it that and link to it :oops: