SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 18 ] [Brackets Up!]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 11 ]

Post by Light »

Overrated wrote:Based on the new standards for dates, the CTF BRAWL will be played on the 11th next month. Just food for thought there.
// Removed after other thread post ..
Last edited by Light on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Last SBT was on the same day as brawl anyways so if the dates coincide it's not the end of the world (not that it wouldn't be nice to play them both).
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

woof wrote:Last SBT was on the same day as brawl anyways so if the dates coincide it's not the end of the world (not that it wouldn't be nice to play them both).
Yeah. Hopefully it works out. That's why I was gonna take a Saturday, but then again .. I need to get 64 players, and from the sounds of it, not sure that would happen on a Saturday.

I guess we'll wait and see how it turns out.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Light wrote:
woof wrote:Last SBT was on the same day as brawl anyways so if the dates coincide it's not the end of the world (not that it wouldn't be nice to play them both).
Yeah. Hopefully it works out. That's why I was gonna take a Saturday, but then again .. I need to get 64 players, and from the sounds of it, not sure that would happen on a Saturday.

It probably won't happen on a Saturday. We low rubber players have been spoiled by years of tournaments hosted on Sundays.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Fippmam wrote:
Light wrote:

It probably won't happen on a Saturday. We low rubber players have been spoiled by years of tournaments hosted on Sundays.
^ good point. It has always been that Most if not all tournys are on sundays, We are just picky :D

Anyways light I think it is really nice of you to set this up. First you start with server donations, now Hosting tournaments?! I say light for community president!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

J Dawg wrote:Anyways light I think it is really nice of you to set this up. First you start with server donations, now Hosting tournaments?! I say light for community president!
I second this :D

And Sundays are always better for most people.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

You could easily delay it 1 week, end of discussion
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

orion wrote:You could easily delay it 1 week, end of discussion
or leave it on the date it is.. for years brawl was always played on saturday's and a sumo tourney on sunday.. so i dont see why brawl cant just be played on saturday.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Gazelle wrote:
orion wrote:You could easily delay it 1 week, end of discussion
or leave it on the date it is.. for years brawl was always played on saturday's and a sumo tourney on sunday.. so i dont see why brawl cant just be played on saturday.
Didn't they used to transition between Saturdays and sundays? maybe that's why since sunday would be the sunday brawl. But we can discuss that when the time comes, we have about a good month before anything is started.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

No no, it was always Saturday was brawl! and we always had sumo tournaments on sunday!

Thats why it should stay that way.. Seeing as brawl players could make saturdays, when u switch the days... The MAIN tournaments sumo etc... (sorry its true they are the main tournaments) are played on Sundays.. and thats the only day we can make it..
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Brawl started be on Sundays around 1 year ago now... Apparently Light didnt check this info.
Anyway I dont mind about it and I wont discuss about it, if you want get both tournaments together
asdfasdf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdfasdf »

I just want to say that I would love if this was moved to the next Saturday or Sunday (August 17/18); unfortunately I am away from August 4th to August 15th, and am already missing ladle -- I would really like to participate in this. Now, obviously, if the majority prefer the 10th/11th, I don't care, but, since the planning for this seems to be in the beginning stages, I would like to request it earlier rather than later.

However, that being said, don't feel obliged to do anything on my behalf; just if it's possible and easily doable (and if the majority of players don't have a problem with it).
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

orion wrote:Brawl started be on Sundays around 1 year ago now... Apparently Light didnt check this info.
Anyway I dont mind about it and I wont discuss about it, if you want get both tournaments together

Orion, brawl started on sundays about 4-5 months ago.. and it was supposed to be alternating... it stopped.. brawl continued to be on sundays for multiple months disrupting plenty of other tournaments..

I dont see why we cant have brawl be on Saturdays for 2 months.. its not that big of a deal, seeing as there is a lack of brawl players anyways.
asdfasdf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdfasdf »

Gaz, but we'd avoid this problem if we moved it a week up... and I'd get to participate :D. Kidding, kidding, my shameless advocacy for Orion's motion is purely selfish, ignore me. :)
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Don't move it up.

(Sorry asdf)