Ladle 71

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

ppotter
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 71

Post by ppotter »

CT USA +1 Didn't experience any lag at all, which is pretty rare nowadays even on an EU server.
Light's 0 Tbh this felt like a West Coast server (I had to google where Pennsylvania is :D) to begin with compared to most East Coast servers, and during the match there were a few big lags. It wasn't terrible however, and I'd happily play there again, but there is room for improvement.
Last edited by ppotter on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

Good matches all, Gz my ct mates and over. It is sad that we had to play in Aot NY, it was not funny at all (it is still a game).
Aot NY (-1)
I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

uNk is like the worst clan i have ever met when it comes to humanity..
we never agreed on CT USA 1.
2. you said there is a backup rule
3. w/e its just a game, but still ppl should get laid here seriously. get out.
Kappa
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:uNk is like the worst clan i have ever met when it comes to humanity..
Playing first match isn't an agreement ? From the moment you started, if you leave, I think it is your fault. But that's my opinion.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:uNk is like the worst clan i have ever met when it comes to humanity..
Lol, you're Roter. Pretty sure you're not allowed to take jabs on the morality of others, when you're pretty infamous yourself. :/
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

0. The word you are looking for is humility.

1. From the time you started the first match you entered an Implied-in-fact contract -- your actions imply your agreement.

2. The rule of common sense is, when your server is missing and another Ladle server is available you take that server regardless of it's name or location. Ladle servers always trump public servers because the settings and authority are most important, not location or name.

3. Sex isn't the answer for everything. In fact it is rarely the answer for anything. And since you are the only one who is still raging, maybe you should take your own advice and try to get laid.
Last edited by sinewav on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Fippmam wrote:
Lol, you're Roter. Pretty sure you're not allowed to take jabs on the morality of others, when you're pretty infamous yourself. :/
Heyyyy you leave Roter alone, u filthy whore.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Whore is a very unPC word, can we please use person of dubious sexual patronage.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Can we agree it was all my fault for not turning on my server properly? I must have either forgotten to run it in a screen session or run the screen session on the PC I was connecting from, duh.

Anyway, recordings. Also suffering quite a bit from the chaos. Opening round is almost completely missing.

final_aotny_ct_vs_red.aarec 51420kb 5000s

semi_light_red_vs_71s_partial.aarec 11756kb 1040s (I recorded whatever happened on aotny instead, whoops.)

quarter_semi_ctliv_phfl_vs_cta_vs_rt.aarec 74816kb 8739s

bitofopening_quarter_loki_ser_vs_id_vs_rt.aarec 49000kb 6103s
quarter_aotny_phfi_vs_71t.aarec 24680kb 3341s
quarter_light_unk_vs_red.aarec 89888kb 10433s
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Thank you very much for your words DGM, you are one of the reasons why everyone loves rogue tronners, you guys are great and you specially.

The games against you were definitely the hardest and most fun of the whole ladle, your centering is fearsome.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Aw cmon zap, I thought I was that reason???

I dunno if this has been brought up/discussed before, but would it be possible to set up a ladle server or two funded by donations? I'd be happy to donate a couple bucks each month if the process were easy enough (paypal?). And although I can't speak on anybody's behalf, I'd imagine that provided the funds, there's got to be at least one person with hosting experience who'd be willing to put in the work to set the server up and whatnot. Hell okay, I'll speak on someone's behalf. I'd do that myself. Thoughts?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Sounds like a swell idea Poke - I'd also be willing to donate a couple bucks a month to that cause o.o
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

PokeMaster wrote:I dunno if this has been brought up/discussed before, but would it be possible to set up a ladle server or two funded by donations? I'd be happy to donate a couple bucks each month if the process were easy enough (paypal?). And although I can't speak on anybody's behalf, I'd imagine that provided the funds, there's got to be at least one person with hosting experience who'd be willing to put in the work to set the server up and whatnot. Hell okay, I'll speak on someone's behalf. I'd do that myself. Thoughts?
If someone rented a VPS and threw me SSH access, I would be more than happy to set it up. But, each VPS is only one or two servers for Ladle, a little under $10 a pop. I know, given a few people together it would be nothing, but it still seems like a lot just for a couple servers for one day. What would you do with the rest of the month?

Also, whoever would take in the Paypal donations would have to be able to withstand the possibility that someone takes the money back via a dispute. Since I have a problem trusting people, I wouldn't wanna be the one to take that on even though it would only be a couple bucks, but whoever does I would happily offer to set up the VPS's you rent.

Might be a nice idea if you can get a couple people to go in on it. A month's VPS rental ain't very expensive, so they wouldn't need to ask for much. Good luck. (:
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Sounds like a business opportunity. Maybe someone can set up an email for ladle donations and link it to a PayPal account, then ensure there is at least one quality Ladle server for the amount donated? What would be even better is for server owners to give the community quotes for the services they can provide.

Right now I pay dukevin/Rx Hosting a fairly small amount for AoT servers and they perform well, according to the server tracker. It shouldn't be too hard for a current server owner to set up a web page that both allows an easy way to donate and tracks the donations every month. We can have donation drives and put links to the page in several places: the Challenge Board, the beginning of every new Ladle thread, in the ladle.cfg as a round_console_message, etc...

Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

EDIT: Light beat me to it.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:EDIT: Light beat me to it.
I'm not so sure. lol You seem to have a little bit of a different idea. When I think about things like this, I was thinking no-profit server hosting, running off of donations.

Though, if we could somehow test the limits of servers, we may be able to host more on the servers we have. Like, at most, I saw the Ladle server take up 10% CPU of one core. It doesn't take up anything worth noting in memory or bandwidth. I have a quad core, so by the looks of it, hosting four servers shouldn't have any problem. What I'm not sure about though, is if having 32 x # of servers users connected at the same time would cause a problem, or if it would be handled at least semi-well. You would then at least have some backup servers if nothing else.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with extra resources, but it seems to be the rumor that one full server is all you can do on a single machine. I've had 3 full servers of different gametypes at once and nobody had a problem, but I didn't have all the spectators to test out how it would be if they were tournament servers.