Ladle 71

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Re: Ladle 71

Post by dlh »

orion wrote:Yes got confused because of P. Fire. Anyway unkteam won more matches they are supposed to be 5th.
No team is 5th, because there is no criteria to determine a 5th seed.

/pedant
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Is this the first time that 2 teams won't claim their seed?
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

I haven't been keeping up with all the clan comings and goings this month, and I have no idea who is teamless for this ladle. But, as one of the two teams with a seed, if anyone wants to play for us this ladle then PM me on http://helloteam.freeforums.org/index.php. We barely have enough for a team right now, and we only want the best! As always, no strings attached 8)

Also, we'll be called 'hello team' this ladle (and probably into the future), I hope there's no trouble moving the seed from 'the 70s team' to 'hello team'
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

þsy wrote:Also, we'll be called 'hello team' this ladle
hope we gain a medal for worst ladle name ever..
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Can somebody please explain me the seed rules? Why 70`s or 71 isnt seeded? from the rules i rode, we are able

The team name must remain the same. The exception is a slight variation or abbreviation of the name. However, it should be obvious to the person making the brackets this is a returning team with a seed. Please use good sense if you must use a variant or abbreviation. We changed only one digit
The team must have either:
The same captain (or at least one captain out of the two, if there were two) and three additional players who were on the challenge board the previous ladle or
Five players who were on the challenge board in the previous ladle. Player names are restricted to the same guidelines as team names (above). Ogopogo as captain, rudy pressure pyrrhic and me were on the last ladle.
If your team does not meet these requirements you lose your seed and lower seeds move up to fill your position.
Venijn
Round Winner

Post by Venijn »

One does not simply ride rules.

Anyway, are the additions Shock made valid?

I remember some mix-up or something with SP before, and people said it is fine, but he's added a team at 20:02BST. The deadline was missed, but how does it work now?

I don't really remember how the times work with BST etc.
Click. Image
DaGarBBaGeMAN
Core Dumper

Post by DaGarBBaGeMAN »

orion wrote:Can somebody please explain me the seed rules? Why 70`s or 71 isnt seeded? from the rules i rode, we are able

The team name must remain the same. The exception is a slight variation or abbreviation of the name. However, it should be obvious to the person making the brackets this is a returning team with a seed. Please use good sense if you must use a variant or abbreviation. We changed only one digit
The team must have either:
The same captain (or at least one captain out of the two, if there were two) and three additional players who were on the challenge board the previous ladle or
Five players who were on the challenge board in the previous ladle. Player names are restricted to the same guidelines as team names (above). Ogopogo as captain, rudy pressure pyrrhic and me were on the last ladle.
If your team does not meet these requirements you lose your seed and lower seeds move up to fill your position.
So does this mean brackets are going to be redone or 'w0t' and 'that 71's team' just going to switch? Also, if Ww doesn't have a spot because they signed up too late, I'm sure R is willing to give up their bye for them.
Image -made by az95

vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Sorry, didn't read this... I randomized the brackets assuming there was no 3rd seed since there was none pre-entered in the brackets. I don't know what's the best thing to do now. With my error there and WW's late signup, maybe they could be redone? One random result is just as good as another to me and if these brackets aren't legit, might as well redo it so they are. I don't know though :/
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

They're gonna have to be redone. I took them off when I left because they didn't meet the requirements to keep their seed, NOT because they changed one number. Ww would still not be included as they signed up after 1800 GMT.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

wiki rules wrote:If vov makes the brackets, he will be banned for atleast 15 Ladles.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Brackets have been redone. Sorry for any teams that may have now gotten a more "difficult" placement, and for others who may have an "easier" one.

Best of luck to all.

Edit: Also, since WW had signed up late, I kept them off of the remade brackets. R already accepted them for their bye if Rd will not accept their challenge.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Redemption has decided to drop our Bye so Wild West could compete in ladle.

There should be no problem with that, right?
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

After all it's random. Just pretend those other brackets never existed and curse the RNG for the matchups...
woops
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

vov wrote:After all it's random. Just pretend those other brackets never existed and curse the RNG for the matchups...
woops
bad vov bad. /me smacks vov on nose.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Gazelle wrote:Redemption has decided to drop our Bye so Wild West could compete in ladle.

There should be no problem with that, right?
Yeah, I'll edit the brackets now for that adjustment. Simple as that. gg no re.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.