Tron Ranking System opening now!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Fippmam
Round Winner

Re: Tron Ranking System opening now!

Post by Fippmam »

Besides the general backlash we've seen on this thread, there's also the problem with weekly tournaments. Tournaments are special because they are once in a blue moon events; making them as common as casual play is probably doomed to fail. Honestly, I think that's why Concord's ISL didn't do so well.

Then there's the monetary aspect. We're a relatively poor community (have you seen how laggy some dedicated servers are?). Asking for $10 a month substantially surpasses comparable forms of entertainment, as several people have pointed out. It's more expensive than PS+, XBL, Netflix/Hulu and the overall gain is substantially less than these services, where you get things like several free games per month, and unlimited movies/shows streaming. Acknowledging this, the next logical step would be to reduce the price by quite a bit. $10 a year sounds a thousand times more reasonable but even with that, the entire notion is still suspect. However, with the general cost of just under a dollar per month, people are less likely to use the paypal loophole that someone already pointed out. I mean seriously, who has the patience to dispute 80 cents with a company that doesn't even have a US contact number? $10 however, is a whole different story.

I've told you about this before Orion, but a lot of children play this game. Children are generally not self-sustaining, and there'd be no way for them to fork over that much money to play a game that they probably play in secrecy, without the knowledge/approval of their parents.

I'm not saying you shouldn't go ahead and host this tournament/league or whatever, but you'd have to accept that right off the bat, every player still dependent on their parents (which should be over the 70% mark), would be unable to participate in this tournament. It's a good plan but hehe, ya...lyl Orion.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I don't think I ever advocated the $1 entry that 2020 mentioned with the Cup (million player Ladle, etc). Maybe I did, but I don't think so
my bad then
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

orion wrote:I didnt make this thread to start a discussion. I will go ahead with this
ok, but nobody is gonna pay you so whats the point in "going ahead" if you don't accept and listen to people's opinions and arguments regarding this subject
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Vogue wrote:
orion wrote:I didnt make this thread to start a discussion. I will go ahead with this
ok, but nobody is gonna pay you so whats the point in "going ahead" if you don't accept and listen to people's opinions and arguments regarding this subject
Thought you got kidnapped by the Russian mafia

Welcome back though :D
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

Fippmam wrote:
Vogue wrote:
Thought you got kidnapped by the Russian mafia

Welcome back though :D
we can all dream
Lowkey
Core Dumper

Post by Lowkey »

Vogue gone? Psh, Never!
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

i don't know who you people are but

haters make me famous
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Vogue wrote:i don't know who you people are but

haters make me famous
STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HEA...

anyone?

no?

okay :(
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

haters make me famous
Famous? Who are you again?
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

I leave my tournaments for you guys to host and it only takes you 2 weeks to try to make it pay to play? Do I really have to come back just to host proper sumo tournaments?

I left you guys everything you needed to make your own tournaments and this what you come up with?
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Cody wrote:I leave my tournaments for you guys to host and it only takes you 2 weeks to try to make it pay to play? Do I really have to come back just to host proper sumo tournaments?

I left you guys everything you needed to make your own tournaments and this what you come up with?
lol It's just one person, and from what I've seen, nobody is hopping aboard. There is a free sumo tournament being hosted on the 30th, by Cookie. Check out TTT. Although, feel free to come back and host more. :P
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Gazelle wrote:

haters make me famous
Famous? Who are you again?
It's Liz.

-.- acting like you don't know.I have screenshots of you proclaiming your forbidden love for her.

*snaps fingers*

No but really, back on topic. Orion, maybe you should put up a poll to see just where people stand on this. I think it's pretty obvious, but maybe statistical data will prove otherwise? Something along the lines of what Durka did on the AFL thread?
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Cody wrote: Do I really have to come back just to host proper sumo tournaments?
We have Cookie and Concord's tournaments...

But yes come back
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

Cody wrote:I leave my tournaments for you guys to host and it only takes you 2 weeks to try to make it pay to play? Do I really have to come back just to host proper sumo tournaments?

I'LL DO YOU PROUD! MAKE YOU GO DOKI DOKI!
HOST AN SBT NEXT MONTH!
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Renegade wrote:

I'LL DO YOU PROUD! MAKE YOU GO DOKI DOKI!
HOST AN SBT NEXT MONTH!
UAINTEVENHOSTINGATSTGURLLLLL

LOL

PS: Im not coming back, I just thought it was funny how orion is trying to charge a bunch of tron players 10$ a month.

NOW on the other hand, if he was hosting a tournament where there was an entry fee and the entire money pot goes to the winner or if SBT goes to the top 4 in the finals, then I would understand that, but hes just trying to steal yo monies.

My final looks on this: Orion is trying to get money to support his baby.