Styct Map CFG

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Styct Map CFG

Post by Light »

Is there a way to prevent it from trying to download it? I have it set to a 404 on my server, but then it tries to use the regular arma resource as a backup, and it gets a second 404. But, at the moment the resource server isn't responding, so when I join, it times out.

I know I could just set it to default to a blank page and have a bunch of 0 byte files in the resource folder, but I would prefer to just have it avoid looking for it in the first place if possible.

Thanks.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Re: Styct Map CFG

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Light wrote:Is there a way to prevent it from trying to download it? I have it set to a 404 on my server, but then it tries to use the regular arma resource as a backup, and it gets a second 404. But, at the moment the resource server isn't responding, so when I join, it times out.

I know I could just set it to default to a blank page and have a bunch of 0 byte files in the resource folder, but I would prefer to just have it avoid looking for it in the first place if possible.

Thanks.
First of all I would like to know why you want to do this...? :/
Light

Post by Light »

Because I'm not using it. So, it tries to download it, and will get a 404 (not at the moment, it gets a blank page). If it gets a 404, it reverts to the default resource server and tries to request it again. Today, the resource server was down, so when it tried to download it from there, it was timing out. As the map changes when you enter the server it was timing out and making it so you would just get kicked out.

It would be quite nice if you could just enable / disable this feature. It's not something I ever use.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Light wrote:Because I'm not using it. So, it tries to download it, and will get a 404 (not at the moment, it gets a blank page). If it gets a 404, it reverts to the default resource server and tries to request it again. Today, the resource server was down, so when it tried to download it from there, it was timing out. As the map changes when you enter the server it was timing out and making it so you would just get kicked out.

It would be quite nice if you could just enable / disable this feature. It's not something I ever use.
Well its your own fault for not using the DTD provided inthe map the server is using :P
Light

Post by Light »

LOVER$BOY wrote:Well its your own fault for not using the DTD provided inthe map the server is using :P
I provide the map and dtd - it's searching for the CFG that you can upload with maps.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Wait... So there is an RINCLUDE in the map file config section? That would be horrible abuse. Remove it and re-host the map under a new name.
Light

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:Wait... So there is an RINCLUDE in the map file config section? That would be horrible abuse. Remove it and re-host the map under a new name.
No. In the styct server, it looks for a CFG file named & located with the map. What the problem is, is that I don't actually use them, and there seems to be no way to turn it off.

I do host all of the maps used on my servers, but the problem with that, is that once it gets a 404 for that CFG file, it looks in the default server, which at that time, was timing out. I would like it to either not look for the CFG, or better yet, just look for it on the server I have set, and don't check in the arma resource server if it wasn't found in mine.

I don't think these are possible without source edits though, after talking to Lover. :(