Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Anything About Anything...
Kinda Slow
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Kinda Slow »

ConVicT wrote::sdot: Yes that would be your parents fault for bringing you up not telling you not to be a "jerk".
:sdot: No one HAS to be civil.
:sdot: And again, it would be your parents fault you're not!

Good enough answers, or would u like to ramble some more?
Just a couple more:
Should I blame your parents because they taught you that civility is optional?
Would you provide their contact information so I could talk with them or send them a message?

Actually, I would only be able to express my sympathies to them.
That old proverb, ' The fathers eat the sour grapes, But the children's teeth are set on edge ' did not work centuries ago, and it still doesn't.
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

I don't think it's right to blame your parents, we must be held accountable for our own actions :) It's not fair to shift responsibility on either circumstance or people.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

ConVicT wrote:Btw, all this online patter comes from Americans
So much for the old stereotype of Americans being crude, boorish, and conservative and Europeans being refined, enlightened, and progressive, eh? Of course, that has always been an incredible myth, but what can I say, I like busting moronic stereotypes.
ConVicT wrote:i have a 4 year old
Seriously? You don't act like you're any more than 12-13 years old. I feel sorry for your daughter being raised by a cretin like yourself.

I second everything KindaSlow said, though I'm going to be predictably harsher in my condemnation. Take some ******* responsibility and learn how to be a decent person instead of such an amoral, self-centered twat.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I'm actually 22, and it's a son i have, not a daughter.
You're just annoyed because i called you "old man" aren't you?
Aww don't be like that, i was only kidding, no need to get off your rocker, so to speak.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm annoyed simply because people like you are able to procreate. You are far from a decent role model, that is for sure. Lets all just hope your son doesn't grow up to be a bomber. :/
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Yes, Sin cuz that's what I do, I sit my son on my lap and teach him how to rant about a load of shit on Armagetron forums.
Got to laugh at some people on here :lol: This site is not my life, nor do my words here resemble anything i would say in real life, this site is something i do if i have 5 minutes between other things, and i enjoy an argument, so if you think that I don't deserve a son because i have an opinion, then you can think what you like, cuz I for one could not give two f**ks what you think m8.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

:roll: Did it ever occur to you that your opinion could be idiotic? You know, the site also doesn't represent our entire lives, but does that mean everything we write here has to be utter bull**** ?
Last edited by Word on Wed May 29, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

If you actually read the whole thing you'd realise that this is the opposed opinion:
People don't think it's alright to mention r**e in online gaming.
My opinion: Yes they do think it's alright.

How's that idiotic? It's just a fact!
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

That bit is not the idiotic bit. The idiotic bits are where you defend that opinion of other people, where you make it your own, then go on to declare it our fault.
ConVicT wrote:nor do my words here resemble anything i would say in real life
That is a mistake. Why do you do that? Are we any less real humans than the people you meet face to face?

On the subject of offensive server names, historically, they have been very short lived. There simply has not been a need so far to moderate the list; keeping a server up is work and costs money, keeping it visible by having (active or bot) players even more so. It moderates itself that way. We have only ever disrupted the master servers' service once, it is a tool we have, but would not use against offensive names without trying to talk to the server owners first. Maybe they are not jerks.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

ConVicT wrote:Yes, Sin cuz that's what I do, I sit my son on my lap and teach him how to rant about a load of shit on Armagetron forums....This site is not my life, nor do my words here resemble anything i would say in real life...
Oh, so you are more of a "do as I say not as I do" Dad? I guess that better? It's nice that you have a secret Internet life where you can be a bully and say things you would never have the balls to say "in real life" because deep down know they are wrong. Again, this highlights the problem of Internet culture and gamers. Keep proving us right. We love the affirmation, haha. Note: you should probably stop now and disappear.
Kinda Slow
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kinda Slow »

ConVicT wrote:If you actually read the whole thing you'd realise that this is the opposed opinion:
People don't think it's alright to mention r**e in online gaming.
My opinion: Yes they do think it's alright.
Well, I just checked. I am a people, and I don't think it's alright.
At times I have tolerated when I am playing, but just because, as I said earlier, I get tired.
Any other PEOPLE want to give their opinion?
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Person*,
In both cases.
If you think I'm wrong then you're right!

"Man United got absolutely slaughtered last night" So with that, they are promoting genocide!
Seriously, stop taking words so literally, they can be used in different ways, depending on what you're trying to get across to someone.
Same replies over and over again here, this is just utterly boring, i won't be dignifying any more posts with a response,because I know I'm wrong, so say what you will.

(Any mods want to restore the original, I marked my changes with italics. --Lucifer
Last edited by Lucifer on Thu May 30, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: He makes it too easy
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

And since you did it the second time in this thread now, relevant comic that says it all.

Edit because I am slow:
ConVicT wrote:"Man United got absolutely slaughtered last night" So with that, they are promoting genocide!
Worse! They are promoting eating meat! I demand they stop right now. "Man United got absolutely harvested last night" is what they should be saying. Or juiced.

Oh, forgot. About putting stricter rules in some general terms of service: What use would they be if we can't enforce them? We deliberately chose not to be able to, to give server admins the freedom to manage their "turf" however they want, and we will always defend their rights to do so, even if we sometimes think they are doing it wrong. If you want to make a global ban list, go ahead and create one; RINCLUDE and cache clearing in the server launch script can integrate it into any server.

About kids playing unsupervised: -> Parents. Also, we have specific settings to disable chat. We do what we can there. The one thing we do not have is an enforced parental lock, that would not work if you can just delete your config file. Unless it's handled in a special system wide config file... well, I guess I'm going to do that one day. May even work on Windows.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Z-man: This is not anything to do with the subject at hand, which is why i'm replying, but if you're gonna quote me then put what i actually said, and not what "Lucifer" changed it to, or else quote him instead.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I would, but I can't access the original text, so I would have had to guess. You were blaming us again, right? Plus, what I said did not really depend on the changed bit. Edit, plus: it was edited for a reason and maybe was not quotable in its original form.