ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Xbox One

Post by ConVicT »

What do y'all think of this?
http://www.geek.com/games/xbox-one-has- ... e-1555995/

Are they trying to fail or something?
I'll be getting a PS4 just because of this
Reason why: I buy my games and get sick of them, then i sell them on ebay, and because of this i don't expect to get half my money back to put towards a new game like i usually do.......This sucks!!!!
Bytes
Round Winner

Re: Xbox One

Post by Bytes »

I do kind of hear that that isn't a definite but I still think it sounds like it sucks.
Let's get this straight, I'm by no means a console gamer, the last one I bought was a wii and I've never had a PS or xbox. I just don't see what you get here which you can't get on a PC. It's not even like the TV feature is anything special, you have to plug a sky box into it anyway, at most it saves you changing the cable over.
Plus no backwards compatibility.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Even now, i'm replying via a WiiU lol but this console (which is turning out to be a falior) it has a maximum of about 12 games on sale (excluding virtual console) 0.o I prefered Xbox to PS but now it's just lost my interest because of this s**t deffo not buying it, and i can't possibility be the only one with the same views on this... unless it is changed

ps, if u open the disk instead of installing on Windows, u can copy to a folder and infinitely install it on to any PC, so not really like PC's
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

ConVicT wrote:Even now, i'm replying via a WiiU lol but this console (which is turning out to be a falior) it has a maximum of about 12 games on sale (excluding virtual console) 0.o I prefered Xbox to PS but now it's just lost my interest because of this s**t deffo not buying it, and i can't possibility be the only one with the same views on this... unless it is changed

ps, if u open the disk instead of installing on Windows, u can copy to a folder and infinitely install it on to any PC, so not really like PC's
Not really, you need a working activation code, all which are verified online.

Unless you're using a cracked version.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

ConVicT wrote:What do y'all think of this?
http://www.geek.com/games/xbox-one-has- ... e-1555995/

Are they trying to fail or something?
I'll be getting a PS4 just because of this
Reason why: I buy my games and get sick of them, then i sell them on ebay, and because of this i don't expect to get half my money back to put towards a new game like i usually do.......This sucks!!!!
I think the biggest problem with everything stated is simply countered with - you don't have enough information to make those claims.

It's worth mentioning that Playstation, in all likelyhood will have the same exact design preventing you from playing one game on multiple consoles. As far as I know, Playstation has never denied it nor confirmed it. Now, even the source you linked to says that a method of unlinking your game from your Xbox (presumably to resale it) has not been ruled out.

Reading your link, it was also hinted at that the purpose of installing games to your hard drive is to play them without the disc. Isn't that a shitty idea? I actually enjoy the walk to my Xbox to change games! /sarcasm

They're implementing good ideas. Frankly, I buy my games and play them; when I get bored with them they sit on the shelf. As far as I'm concerned, the whole problem of not playing one game on multiple consoles is nonexistent to me - because I only have one Xbox. I'd rather install games to my hard drive so they 1) run faster and 2) I don't have to change the games every time I get tired of playing one, as well as 3) whatever other positive things they have in mind for this idea.

Point being; neither console is even remotely ahead of the other at this point. Anyone that is griping about the superiority of one console is simply tooting their own horn for whatever reason. Personally, I loved the Xbox 360. No particular reason, just liked the features and the overall experience. When the PS4 and Xbox One come out, I have not the slightest idea which I'll be getting. I'm going to opt to wait and actually see what each console is going to feature - in entirety - before spending $350 on one of them.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

http://i.minus.com/iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

i'll just leave this here
Kappa
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

I'm not much of a connoisseur, but that has to be the longest gif I've ever seen.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Begun the Fanboy Wars have. Fodder!
ConVicT wrote:Even now, i'm replying via a WiiU
So I gather that one has a shitty spell checker?

Where has the additional charge for re-linking the disks have been confirmed? Last information I have:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... n-xbox-one
Phil Harrison wrote:We will have a system where you can take that digital content and trade a previously played game at a retail store. We're not announcing the details of that today, but we will have announced in due course.
There probably will be a cost, no doubt. But that money is likely to largely go to the publisher/developer for the most part, and I bet in the end it will be comparable on the PS4. If there is no builtin system there, publishers will use the old online pass trick.

Anyway, my quick takes. Dig:
- The controller changes. Looks grippier and the D-Pad looks useable.
- Disk does not need to be in the drive to play.
- Home screen seems to make it easier to continue with what I was dong last. Hopefully, it is more reliable than what they have now.
Indifferent:
- Kinect improvements. It probably still will not be enough (though I'm ready to let myself be pleasantly surprised). Range is not improved, so it still won't be able to see me sitting on the couch.
- TV. Looks like it only is live TV, no recording. Outside of big sporting events (or the ESC, THE WIFE MAKES ME WATCH), I don't watch live TV. And when I do, everything I need is already in the TV. And if I need to pass some downtime, I certainly would not want to play a bit of Skyrim. So it's solving problems I don't have.
Boo:
- Cloud calculations. No. Just no. Terrible idea. Have they learned nothing? They cite Office 365 as proof of longtime reliability of their cloud services. That hasn't even been running a year. In 2027, they will have to take down the service because the version of Windows it is based on will have countless unpatched security issues. And then you can't play your (singleplayer?) games any more. They already shut down the original XBox multiplayer servers when it became inconvenient for them. No, I can't trust them on this.
- Indie devs cannot self-publish.
Red flags:
- No mention of whether the Gold/Free Live model is going to change, no mention of how much Gold is going to cost, no mention what will be available on Free.
- Apart from glimpses of Forza, no gameplay shown. Just cinematics. In-Engine, running in realtime on actual hardware, maybe.
- So I can turn the thing on now with my voice. Does that mean it HAS to be connected to power all of the time?
- They say they want to enable me to consume my entertainment as I want it. I call BS. I already do that. They want me to consume my entertainment like they want me to, complete with their ads even if I already pay them a subscription fee.
WTF:
- "So instead of looking up a website on your smartphone, you can just say 'Snap Internet Explorer'. Then you can use SmartGlass..." But you just... I don't... why would I want to pull out and unlock my smartphone when I don't want to pull out and unlock my smartphone???

Let's see... The PS 4 has me largely indifferent... guess that means it currently has the edge. I'll probably upgrade my PC before I get either, though, and I'm far from done with the things I already own.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Z-Man wrote:
ConVicT wrote:Even now, i'm replying via a WiiU
So I gather that one has a shitty spell checker?
Yeah, it's weird, sometimes it gives suggestions for half a word which is also a word.
If i start out saying "awesome" by the time i'm at "aweso" it will suggest "some" and if i choose it then it changes the whole word, bit of a pain to get used to, but i just don't use it, so if i spell things wrong when i'm using it here then it's all down to my spelling being "shitty" :lol:
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Ratchet wrote:
Reading your link, it was also hinted at that the purpose of installing games to your hard drive is to play them without the disc. Isn't that a shitty idea? I actually enjoy the walk to my Xbox to change games! /sarcasm
Well, that's a bit lazy, how far away is your TV? :lol:
Anyway, it doesn't have that big a capacity, so if you buy a lot of games, you're eventually gonna have to uninstall some and then reinstall it if you want to play it again? sounds more of a nuisance than simply changing a disc over, but on the bright side, at least if your disc gets all scratched up, you will still have the game :|
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

You mean you don't store your CD's in a hermetically sealed vacuum box made from half inch steel when your not using them? That's just weird.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

ConVicT wrote:
Ratchet wrote:
Well, that's a bit lazy, how far away is your TV? :lol:
Anyway, it doesn't have that big a capacity, so if you buy a lot of games, you're eventually gonna have to uninstall some and then reinstall it if you want to play it again? sounds more of a nuisance than simply changing a disc over, but on the bright side, at least if your disc gets all scratched up, you will still have the game :|
I usually sit down when I play. Getting up is exercise. Gamers hate exercise.

500GB capacity. That's not a big capacity? *most* games are less than 8GB. I currently have a 60GB hard drive with adamant space for everything I need. If I need extra room, I plug a jump drive in the front.

So, assuming all of your games average out to 8GB (which is a somewhat inflated average, more realistically probably 6GB) you can fit over 60 games installed onto your hard drive. If you use the average of 6GB that turns into over 80 games. If you have 80 games on your Xbox, it's safe to say you've spent at least $1600 (80 * $20), and that's assuming they're all old used games. You can't afford a flash drive?
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Well, games will be on BluRay, so they can be up to 50Gb; and the OS is going to take 50-100Gb (GUESSING here, extrapolating from the Surface). So worst case, enough space for 8 games. Still, I'd argue that is enough; how many games are you going to be playing so concurrently you need them installed? Heck, i8 games is more than the average attach rate.
I too have not much desire to upgrade my 60Gb on both the PS3 and X360, you just have to juggle the installs a bit as you move through your library. hopefully they implement the installation system so that you can start playing while it is running.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Of course the big difference is those graphics stats, 8GB DDR3 vs 8GB GDDR5 RAM, PS4 is going to absolutely pwn.