Fortress For All - Open

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Ratchet
Match Winner

Fortress For All - Open

Post by Ratchet »

As planned, the Fortress For All signups are now open. Feel free to sign up! For those of you who are unsure what this tournament consists of, you may be interested in visiting the wiki page for this event, and for more specific details you may want to see the FAQ page. If something still isn't answered, maybe it was answered on the previous discussion topic.

What is this?
A Ladle-like fortress tournament with individual signups rather than team signups. Teams will be chosen by Captains (who nominate themselves) and the games will be played in Ladle-like fashion on May 19th.

What does this hope to achieve?
The goal of this tournament is to bring more fun and competition to the Ladle world. Maybe there are some people who would love the experience of playing in a fortress tournament but their clan doesn't have a team. Or maybe someone in a clan wants to play and is normally a substitute in Ladles. Whatever the case may be, anyone is more than welcome to sign up!

When is this?
The third Sunday in May, the 19th.

How do I sign up to play?
1. Have a wiki account
2. "Edit" the players' section on the wiki page and add your name using the proposed format
3. Sign up for a captain if you would like to be a captain

Are there any requirements?
Nope! I only ask that people who want to be a captain be knowledgeable about fortress. Additionally, if you want to be a captain you should have a Google-linked e-mail address because you will need one for the team-choosing method (Google Docs Spreadsheet).

Captains - Information
Captains, we will need to set aside a time on May 18th, the Saturday, that all 12 captains can make so that we can draft the teams.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: Fortress For All - Open

Post by Ratchet »

I'm going to be asking those who host the Ladle servers if we can use some of those and change the configs on them. I'm hoping to have at least 5 servers (we only need 4, but a backup would be great).

Also, if anyone wants to volunteer ahead of time - we do need servers.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Hmm

How long will it last?

I have a server paid for, that i'm not using but it only has 22 days left... Any use to you?

Edit: also it's a U.K based server.
Last edited by ConVicT on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Added a template for servers and a server to go along with it.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

I changed the time table to use the SummerTimes template. I'm not sure if you want to adjust the times on the bracket (for example, the Ladle starts at 17:45 GMT).
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

ConVicT wrote:Hmm

How long will it last?

I have a server paid for, that i'm not using but it only has 22 days left... Any use to you?

Edit: also it's a U.K based server.
It'll be the 19th of May, and a one-day event. Provided your server is available for that time, that'd be great! I may attempt to get 3 US servers and 2 EU servers, or 3US and 3EU (once the servers for the ladle are set in the bracket I'll be able to follow suit - I intend for this tournament to follow the layout of the ladle in terms of country where the finals are located). Something to that effect.

Also, I want to try and get everyone on a server that would be beneficial to the majority in their game (more US players -- > US server). Hopefully this will maximize the enjoyment.

Light wrote:Added a template for servers and a server to go along with it.
Muchas gracias! Thanks a lot a lot a lot a lot :)
dlh wrote:I changed the time table to use the SummerTimes template. I'm not sure if you want to adjust the times on the bracket (for example, the Ladle starts at 17:45 GMT).
Good call. I'll do that right now.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Ok then, Ratchet you can have the server as of now.
I'm guessing you need time to set it up.

It is paid until 22/05/13.... so yeah it's fine for the 19th i will pm you the details.

Just one thing, if u can save the settings and stuff and put them back the way i loaned it to u, that would be great,.
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:Ok then, Ratchet you can have the server as of now.
I'm guessing you need time to set it up.

It is paid until 22/05/13.... so yeah it's fine for the 19th i will pm you the details.

Just one thing, if u can save the settings and stuff and put them back the way i loaned it to u, that would be great,.
Why not just put in the rincludes and load it up after backing up your current settings? All the settings are already done, you just copy and paste a few lines.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I rent the server from Duke, you already know this, Light.

All settings are in different folders and stuff, just the SERVER_SETTINGS and SERVER_INFO that i want kept anyway.
Obviously i can do it myself, when he's done with it but it saves me looking through all my server configs to find the one for "The Prison Yard" again, I have at least 50 different files for them

I also get that i can just save them to a folder before you think i'm daft lol............

Just comes down to the fact i can't be bothered :P and it'd be easier if he left it the way he got it. Understandable?
Light

Post by Light »

I meant rather than going through the trouble of getting him on your account and whatnot. You back up two files and paste in the settings then boot up. It's easier than getting a hold of him and providing your account information and hoping nothing is changed when you get it back.

When it's done, you would just delete the file for the tournament and move back the other two files. Them two files being server_info.cfg and settings_custom.cfg.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

If he doesn't want to do it, Light, I'm all for a little extra work for a server. It's fine! :) I'll just move his current server files into a folder and create new files... minor nuisance.
Light

Post by Light »

Ratchet wrote:If he doesn't want to do it, Light, I'm all for a little extra work for a server. It's fine! :) I'll just move his current server files into a folder and create new files... minor nuisance.
Not really that. Just seemed like extra work to do it that way and a pointless reason to give away his user/pass for access to his server files. It doesn't really matter to me. :P
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

I'll donate 3 your way; 2 in Chicago, 1 in Atlanta
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

:O Awesome Renegade :>
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Ah, get what you mean now, Light.
It's ok though, the server ends on the 22nd and i'm not even sure if i'm gonna keep it going after that.
No1 likes the settings anymore lol 8)