Bowl 2: 28 April 2013

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Bowl 2: 28 April 2013

Post by sinewav »

Bowl 2

I created a Ladle sub-page dedicated to this event. I also went over Elmo's work on the roster and found it correct, then added GiDs for team captains. Anyone on that list can add their GiD if needed. Servers are not added yet. I am planning on using the same distribution method as Ladle, but doing a coin flip in IRC later to determine if finals will be in the US or EU. I need to confirm the servers first. If you want to donate a server, post here or contact me. We probably only need 4 servers, but it is nice to have backups. We have been using backups a lot lately.

:stubble: GL HF
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Re: Bowl 2: 28 April 2013

Post by PokeMaster »

I'm pumped. Thanks a bunch Sine for being so on top of this. This is sure to be an awesome event.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Thanks Poke, I have been happy to spend the time working on this because it is very interesting to me. Also, I want to point out that Elmo is a little under appreciated when it comes to Fortress administration. He's reset the Challenge Board reliably for well over a year, taken initiative with brackets when I wasn't available, and he did a much better job of determining the Bowl roster than me (I made several mistakes). Also, if Liz get the streaming going, she will need massive thanks because I'm sure we will be waaaaay overloaded with spectators.

Before we get too close, does anyone have a problem with the late start (19:30 GMT)? I don't want the event to run long, but I also want to make sure everyone can make it on time. Also, I live in California again, next to a dance club, and it is total chaos on Saturday nights. Hard to sleep, haha!
DaGarBBaGeMAN
Core Dumper

Post by DaGarBBaGeMAN »

The time's fine for me. I get to sleep in :P Big thanks to you and Elmo both!
Image -made by az95

dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

At first, thanks for the effort you've put into the organization of this event and the Ladles.
I know there was a discussion on the rules of the bowl in another thread, and I usually don't do this, but I'd really like to play, so here's my question: I've played 4 Ladles with Revolver and 4 Ladles with Redemption. You could probably argue that I should have thought about this earlier, but I actually did not know that I had to play 5 Ladles with a team to be eligible as a player for either of these teams.
I've played in every single ladle because I've been looking forward to this tournament, and now I won't be allowed to play because I was not aware of this rule.
Again, it's my fault that I didn't know about it and I understand if you defeat my motion for this reason, but I think it's worth a try to ask for an exception.

Thanks in advance for reading this.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

My server can be up then.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

sinewav wrote:I'm sure we will be waaaaay overloaded with spectators.
I'm glad you're sure because I'm worried about fortress' interest lately, haha.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Well with us not playing you'll probably have about 20 <| spectators XD Plus you need to encourage people to jump on between their matches for interviews!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

dreadlord wrote:...so here's my question: I've played 4 Ladles with Revolver and 4 Ladles with Redemption....I actually did not know that I had to play 5 Ladles with a team to be eligible as a player for either of these teams.
You see the problem, right? This is the perfect example of why we have a "rule of 5." Which team would you play for? Why should you get a choice and not others? If the rule was 4 and everyone switched teams mid-season, that would lead to an unrealistic stacking of teams later and the event would be meaningless.

I guess The Bowl is redefining what it means to be a good team. It's not just about the skill of the individuals, but how those individuals contribute to the overall health of the team.
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

I'll donate a server, just contact me if you feel the need to test it out.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Well, you could decide on which team I'm going to play, noone could complain about it then. I don't really know if Revolver wants me at all, though.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Stop being such a clanhopper and you'll be able to play next bowl.

nobody will get it

nobody
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

does anyone know if the final is best of 3 or best of 5?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Concord wrote:does anyone know if the final is best of 3 or best of 5?
No we don't! Looking over the threads, best of five was proposed by you and Titanoboa and that suggestion was never opposed. I think it wins by default? Or we preserve the Ladle rules since the Bowl is an extension of it? I guess we can leave it up to the finalist to decide when they get there? We might run late.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

I don't know how much of a good idea it would be to leave it to the players in the final to decide at the time.