Bowl 2 Discussion

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Bowl 2 Discussion

Post by Concord »

While my personal opinions in this particular case are otherwise, it does undermine the legitimacy of the event if higher seeded teams can play a part in deciding who their opponents are.

bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

Concord wrote:While my personal opinions in this particular case are otherwise, it does undermine the legitimacy of the event if higher seeded teams can play a part in deciding who their opponents are.
they arnt deciding, its SP's call whether they wish to play or not

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

One part of me would like to see Rogue Tronners get a bye if Speeders forfeit. The other part of me wants Phoenix to play because they deserve the spot as much as Speeders (their scores are super close). But I don't belive it will change to outcome of the game, so I am a little indifferent. I would prefer no changes, but definitly no combo team. That totally defeats the purpose of the Bowl.

Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

sinewav wrote:definitely no combo team. That totally defeats the purpose of the Bowl.
+1

I'm not gonna be there for the bowl ( :( ), so I can fairly unbiasedly* say that the bowl would look better with 8 teams rather than 7 and a bye.

*I don't give a crap about my clan mates!

Concord

Post by Concord »

bilbo baggins wrote: they arnt deciding, its SP's call whether they wish to play or not

Good. The 9th seeded team should automatically take the spot of any team that decides not to participate. No permission from anyone needed.

PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Concord wrote:The 9th seeded team should automatically take the spot of any team that decides not to participate. No permission from anyone needed.
I can stand by this.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

I can stand on top of it, so there!

Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

I have only one question, maybe a bit off topic, but is mYm still alive? :| website gone, players without tags etc..

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Nagi wrote:I have only one question, maybe a bit off topic, but is mYm still alive? :| website gone, players without tags etc..
Yeah, the website is gone for now and mYm is in a "transitional phase." But we will see what the next few weeks look like. mYm members will be in the Bowl.

Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Have SP decided what they're doing yet?

J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Not to sound mean bytes, but mym and sp are in bowl period. they dont have to discuss here how they will form there team back.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle 68

Post by Mkay1 »

ElmosWorld wrote:Here are the rosters by my count; I'm sure sine has his own count as well.

Rogue Tronners - poke, over, shoe, tobe, animuson, lacka, red, dgm, titan, luffy

Revolver - free kill, Concord, Durka, freako, Hoax, olive, Xyron, 1200, bellum

Redemption - Soul, subfocus, broken, roter, vov, koala, eckz, appleseed

Meet Your Maker - liz, devicat, pyrrhic, rugkei, spin, weed, elmo, chah, jericho, sine

Crazy Tronners - woned, beer, zap, safariskater, mb53, acid, cronix, animal, voodoo, jdawg

RoadRunnerZ - Zero, Vinny, Chop, Misny, Siege, Vital, Nub, Magi, Space

Team Unknown - ppotter, House, Pr3, Jip, tls, fingerbib, akira, slash, hi, Wildcat, mr, vein

Speeders - insa, 3b, fofo, syre, ai

What constitutes eligibility? Why aren't I included?

DaGarBBaGeMAN
Core Dumper

Re: Ladle 68

Post by DaGarBBaGeMAN »

Mkay1 wrote:
ElmosWorld wrote:Here are the rosters by my count; I'm sure sine has his own count as well.

Rogue Tronners - poke, over, shoe, tobe, animuson, lacka, red, dgm, titan, luffy

Revolver - free kill, Concord, Durka, freako, Hoax, olive, Xyron, 1200, bellum

Redemption - Soul, subfocus, broken, roter, vov, koala, eckz, appleseed

Meet Your Maker - liz, devicat, pyrrhic, rugkei, spin, weed, elmo, chah, jericho, sine

Crazy Tronners - woned, beer, zap, safariskater, mb53, acid, cronix, animal, voodoo, jdawg

RoadRunnerZ - Zero, Vinny, Chop, Misny, Siege, Vital, Nub, Magi, Space

Team Unknown - ppotter, House, Pr3, Jip, tls, fingerbib, akira, slash, hi, Wildcat, mr, vein

Speeders - insa, 3b, fofo, syre, ai

What constitutes eligibility? Why aren't I included?
Read the thread lazyass :P
Image -made by az95

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

So, as we continue the discussion...

The Bowl ran late. I take responsibility for the late starting time. I did not expect such a heavy first round between Team Unknown and Revolver. Next year we aim for something closer to Ladle time, like 18:00 GMT.

Because of the late start we were not able to play 5 matches. Sometime before August we need to figure out if 5 matches says any more than 3. Personally I think 5 is too long.

We debated on making the Bowl 4 teams instead of 8. I predict the Fortress community will slowly shrink over time, and we might eventually have Ladles that are only 8-10 regularly. However, CT was the 6th seed and they won, and I think their win was justified. I am not sure how to proceed from here.

Everything else looks good from where I stand. Any thoughts?

Nub
Average Program

Post by Nub »

Although we weren't able to get a full team of 6 for this bowl, the 4 of us that played had a great time, and had the most fun we've had as a team since ladle 67. Good matches to mYm, next time we meet, rZ will have a full 6 man team, and we will take you on with a fair fight!

Also grats to both CT and Rogue, proving that loyalty and teamwork are what make great tron clans. CT especially, you guys really stunned us all with your skill in recent ladles and the bowl. I've been dying to see a CT comeback for a while now, and I'm glad to see you've restored your status! Keep up the great work!
Image Image Image Image