Tools and stuff

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Durf
Match Winner

Tools and stuff

Post by Durf »

Hey everyone,

I made a bunch of stuff that will hopefully make some of your lives easier.

They are all here: Durf's Armagetron Site (don't use Internet Explorer)
Points of focus:
3D AAmap previewer - preview ANY aamap in 3D graphics. (arrow keys to move when it loads)
Server CFG builder - Making any server CFG you want.
Profile Builder - Make a CFG file for your player settings (just name and cycle colours and/or more)
Gradient Text - generate the codes needed for gradient text in armagetron
D.M.T.G. - "maze track generator" should prob be called tunnel generator. it turns one wall into a tunnel.

Take a look and let me know what you guys think.
There's lots to see, so take your time and enjoy!
I await your questions, comments, and suggestions! :]

(Ignore the ads, sry, I use that host for my maps, I plan to host these tools somewhere more permanent in the future)
Moofie
Core Dumper

Re: Tools and stuff

Post by Moofie »

Those are pretty cool! Definitely gonna use some of em in the future.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

where were you 4 years ago <3
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

I used Internet Explorer.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Ads over ads over ads over ads. Holy hell, pay a dime to make this a decent experience.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

epsy wrote:Ads over ads over ads over ads. Holy hell, pay a dime to make this a decent experience.
Durf wrote:(Ignore the ads, sry, I use that host for my maps, I plan to host these tools somewhere more permanent in the future)
With that said, at a first glance, I do like the way your grouped settings into a somewhat sane way, Any way you can make them more or less version specific, For instance if i don't use sty+ct or sty+ct+ap, can i get just the 0.2.8.* settings in the config so i can prevent sommand not found a million times.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

What ads
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

yeaa, 4 years ago I wasn't into this game (when did tron legacy come out?);
Although I did play it almost 10 years ago, but was too young to code like this..

Also most of the stuff involved in making the 3D previewer didn't exist 4 years ago.

Reason I said not to use IE was because Microsoft had specifically announced they would NEVER support the technologies available to HTML5 that allow 3D rendering.
and I specifically coded the profile builder to not allow IE users...

No, I won't pay a dime. Donate some dimes for my work and I absolutely will!
I do have a site without ads(for free), but the uptime is worse.
As I said, I use that host to host my maps, the ads don't show in armagetron after all..
I am perfectly willing to share these tools and possibly even integrate them for clan sites :]
If anyone wants to host these tools without ads for everyone to use (wink wink clan leaders/site owners)

And excellent suggestion. The server CFG builder is one of the newer ones, so it is still in the works.
But what you suggest isn't at all that hard to do and I could add it in no prob (ignore options like the profile builder has).
This and more features ;] will be added soon

Thanks guys
Moofie
Core Dumper

Post by Moofie »

Durf wrote: If anyone wants to host these tools without ads for everyone to use (wink wink clan leaders/site owners)
<-- would be up for it, site being http://shenanaboosh.me.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Heh, now you're making me want to dust off my maze generator and fix the little problems it has.

On-topic: If you release the source code as open source, I'm sure someone will manage to host it pretty easily. *hint hint*

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Durf wrote:yeaa, 4 years ago I wasn't into this game (when did tron legacy come out?);
Although I did play it almost 10 years ago, but was too young to code like this..

Also most of the stuff involved in making the 3D previewer didn't exist 4 years ago.

Reason I said not to use IE was because Microsoft had specifically announced they would NEVER support the technologies available to HTML5 that allow 3D rendering.
and I specifically coded the profile builder to not allow IE users...

No, I won't pay a dime. Donate some dimes for my work and I absolutely will!
I do have a site without ads(for free), but the uptime is worse.
As I said, I use that host to host my maps, the ads don't show in armagetron after all..
I am perfectly willing to share these tools and possibly even integrate them for clan sites :]
If anyone wants to host these tools without ads for everyone to use (wink wink clan leaders/site owners)

And excellent suggestion. The server CFG builder is one of the newer ones, so it is still in the works.
But what you suggest isn't at all that hard to do and I could add it in no prob (ignore options like the profile builder has).
This and more features ;] will be added soon

Thanks guys
Oh. Well I am not sure if this is much of a suggestion but I'm using Vertrex.tk on a free hosting. It loads fast, has no ads and so far the website has been 100% uptime :D

I'm with the guys known as the 8ing Community. They do cheap hosting and only recently started on the free hosting of their own. I'm on one of it anyway even though I have admin privileges (meaning I can accept/decline requests just like the other admins of other free hosting services).

I'm actually quite glad I met those guys as they are pretty amazing with the web designs and stuff like that (especially Sean, the owner) :D

or
Well I can host them for you if you don't really feel like trying out their service (disappointing) but I could try. I already got my own resource browser and map preview (Not 3D). Additionally I added open global logins to the site and people can register and start using our logins in servers (like myself and several people).
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Well I don't think there will be a problem hosting them.

Send me a pm of:
which tools you want to host,
Any customization you'd like,
And any source codes (we'll see, depends which ones)

Also, turns out you guys can't link to my 3d previewer in your maps..
So I've made an "install" package ready to go for any online resource (pm me for it)

And I've made progress to the server cfg builder(edits existing cfgs!), but that, as kyle pointed out, might require a custom version so pm me for yours.

Thanks again for the interest and support!
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

I've updated my site...check it out here.

Changed - I've made the 3D map previewer 'useable' (it is highly experimental code at work, best bet on firefox for all tools)
There are known bugs like some maps display zones weird (wrong sizes) and in general there is not enough zone type support.

New - AAMap creator: A point&click way to create aamaps (made to be 'useable', a few things still need to be worked out - expected to be replaced eventually by Vectron)

New - Castle Walls: small tool to make castle-like walls.

New - Dungeon generator: basically the beginnings of a maze generator but made so that it makes even square sections, and random 'doorways' (a hole) in between them (not all of them, its random)

And I've included the whole site (except the 3D previewer and AAMap creator) into an offline package.
Use this to run these tools from your own comp (no ads, no loading) or host the entire thing yourself on your own site!
-Each tool (and the main page) comes with all the customizable style in one 'style.css' file; you may edit this file to make your own style or match it with your current site's style.

Moreso, whenever I update a tool, anyone using a tool while connected to the internet wil be notified of the update and what is new.

I hope doing this has made it easier for everyone to make use of these tools.

Don't forget either, if you need help with something (ex: using or hosting a tool) you are always free to email me (link on my site)

See you all on the grid!
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

That Server config builder is awesome! I wish I would have had something like this years ago.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Tazmania wrote:That Server config builder is awesome! I wish I would have had something like this years ago.
Yeahhhhh then we wouldn't of had to deal with your shit servers:p