[FEATURE SUGGESTION] Light Bike game features

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
nmgarmeg

[FEATURE SUGGESTION] Light Bike game features

Post by nmgarmeg »

This game looks a lot like an iPhone game called LightBike 2 (the original is more like what Armegetron is now). Some features the iPhone game has that this doesn't is
1. Jumping
2. No walls (you just fall down over the edge)
3. Multiple areas of floor (that you can jump back and forth from)
4. Slanted floors (at some points)
5. Boost
Could you maybe add these?
Bytes
Round Winner

Re: [FEATURE SUGGESTION] Light Bike game features

Post by Bytes »

Boost is in, the others would require a whole other level of gaming.
nmgarmeg

Post by nmgarmeg »

I meant boost anywhere. just acquire it, then use it anywhere.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Jumping - This would completely change the gameplay and ruin what we now know was trapping in the game. I also don't think they would add something like this when they don't seem to be going for a Tron Evolution-type game.

No walls (you just fall down over the edge) - You can basically do this by not creating a rim on a map. Then just add death zones around the edge to simulate the falling to their death. You can also make them black to pretty much disappear for many people.

Multiple areas of floor (that you can jump back and forth from) - Same as jumping. Go try Tron Evolution and see for yourself how much fun this makes the game. :/

Slanted floors (at some points) - This could be interesting, but at the moment we don't seem to make use of the z-axis. This would likely take quite a bit of extra coding for both the clients and servers, to allow multi floors. Given that most users seem to still be on the 0.2.8 client, I don't see anything like this coming soon.

Boost - Already exist. Add a negative value to the brake, and it will accel you.
nmgarmeg

Post by nmgarmeg »

How do I add a negative brake and how do I bind a key to it?
Light

Post by Light »

nmgarmeg wrote:How do I add a negative brake and how do I bind a key to it?
The key would just be your brake key or brake toggle key. You would set that in your input configuration.

The negative brake is the value of CYCLE_BRAKE. You can do CYCLE_BRAKE -10 or something like that to cause boosting. Note that you must have admin on a server to do this.
nmgarmeg

Post by nmgarmeg »

Also in LightBike 2, you don't explode. When you hit the wall your trail turns off and you flip like a regular vehicle would in a crash at that speed.
nmgarmeg

Post by nmgarmeg »

Light wrote:
nmgarmeg wrote:How do I add a negative brake and how do I bind a key to it?
The key would just be your brake key or brake toggle key. You would set that in your input configuration.

The negative brake is the value of CYCLE_BRAKE. You can do CYCLE_BRAKE -10 or something like that to cause boosting. Note that you must have admin on a server to do this.
What about a local game? How would I become an admin in a local game?
Light

Post by Light »

nmgarmeg wrote:Also in LightBike 2, you don't explode. When you hit the wall your trail turns off and you flip like a regular vehicle would in a crash at that speed.
If you want all of that, you're coming to the wrong game. It's about gameplay here, not so much the looks of it.
nmgarmeg wrote:How would I become an admin in a local game?
In a local game, you just input the commands into the console. There is no logging in there.