Shaded Walls

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Shaded Walls

Post by Light »

Is there a way to disable the shaded arena walls? After a while, I kind'a got used to it but when playing a server with walls you gotta ride through, somethings they're basically invisible because of the shading against my black grid.
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Re: Shaded Walls

Post by kyle »

Try looking in Display Settings, I'm not exactly sure what you are refering to.
Light

Post by Light »

kyle wrote:Try looking in Display Settings, I'm not exactly sure what you are refering to.
I've checked, but with no luck. (attached photo)
Attachments
shade.png
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Use a brighter texture or one with a high contrast pattern?
Light

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:Use a brighter texture or one with a high contrast pattern?
It occurs without the textures too though, that one wall is dimmer than its opposite. I know it didn't used to be like that, but the update was a while ago now that it started. If there's a source edit I could do to remove it, that would be wonderful.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

One half of my screen is stripy from a dodgy cable (got one on order but it's taking forever). Playing incam it makes a straight wall in front of you look shaded on the left side which is soooo confusing when mazing.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Light wrote:I know it didn't used to be like that....
Nope, it's been like that as long as I can remember (at least back to 2005), and I would bet back to the game's beginning.

If you all turn off the wall textures, you'll see more obviously what he's referring to. Two walls will be white, two will be gray.
Light

Post by Light »

Phytotron wrote:Nope, it's been like that as long as I can remember (at least back to 2005), and I would bet back to the game's beginning.

If you all turn off the wall textures, you'll see more obviously what he's referring to. Two walls will be white, two will be gray.
Hmm, maybe I was wrong. Or maybe I was missing something previously that caused it to not appear. I don't know, but I swear it happened after an update on 0install a while back. Maybe it was something to do with the 0install release and not regular releases? Idk ..

I guess it's possible I just never noticed it, but seeing it made such a huge difference at first, it seems impossible that I would have trouble seeing it after I notice it, but not before. I don't think it's something I missed though.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Screenshot from 2005, version 0.2.7.1.
[Note: For some reason, the HUD representation of actual rubber value was multiplied by 10 for that version.]

You can see it in others' screenshots as well, such as Raoul Duke's on that first page. You just never noticed it.