End of the world 2012

Anything About Anything...
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

End of the world 2012

Post by ConVicT »

Just got to thinking with all these "End of the world" posts on Facebook and looked up some dates and stuff.
The Mayan calendar was established in 3372 BC.
Earth was discovered to be round (spherical) 1519−1521.
Is it just me or does anyone else think they might have been on a very slow boat and "The end of the world prediction" could have been when they estimated that they'd reach the end of the world?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: End of the world 2012

Post by Phytotron »

Is that supposed to be a joke? Please tell me that's just a bad, punny joke.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

First explain why you think it's a joke ;)
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

ConVict i advise you stop while you are ahead, i see what you are getting at.. But its phytotron, and its not worth it.. because what he believes is always right :) almost like Word.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Ok Gaz i'll take your Word for it, and his if he happens to comment but i still want to know why he thinks it's a joke :)
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Last one had a nice pun for u Phytotron, ik how much you love them :D
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

What did they predict for …, 830, 1224, 1618; 2407, 2801, 3195, …? What did we predict for 2000? Seriously.

Happy coincidental winter solstice (or summer solstice for those in the southern hemisphere).
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

ConVicT wrote:Earth was discovered to be round (spherical) 1519−1521.
False. There is no definitive discovery date for when we knew the Earth was round. Eratosthenes calculated the circumference and tilt of the Earth in 240 BC, and there were others the speculated about a round Earth long before that.

The rest of your post is so asinine I can't be bothered to comment on it, except to say it is asinine. In other words, "it's just you."
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

There is no definitive discovery date for when we knew the Earth was round. Eratosthenes calculated the circumference and tilt of the Earth in 240 BC, and there were others the speculated about a round Earth long before that.
Even if i got lies on that part from a site, it still wouldn't matter "240 BC" is still after the calender :P
The rest of your post is so asinine I can't be bothered to comment on it, except to say it is asinine. In other words, "it's just you."
So you're saying my post is more idiotic than a date when the world is gonna end and half the world believing it?
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

ConVicT wrote:..."The end of the world prediction" could have been when they estimated that they'd reach the end of the world?
I lol'd pretty hard at that; it's a pretty nice pun.
ConVicT wrote:
sinewav wrote:The rest of your post is so asinine I can't be bothered to comment on it, except to say it is asinine. In other words, "it's just you."
So you're saying my post is more idiotic than a date when the world is gonna end and half the world believing it?
Well, this IS indeed flame bait since you are posting about a topic in which, I'm fairly certain, most people here are sick of hearing about. And flame bait is lame.

To answer the question, "Is it just me or does anyone else think...?" Yeah, its just you. The Mayans didn't divulge some secret about the end of the world, just the end of their calendar.

Although, to be honest, I am a bit afraid to go outside at night tomorrow, not because tomorrow's supposedly the end of the world, but because certain people THINK it is. This not only includes the "YOLOers" but the "crazy suicidal/homicidal maniacs," and, uh, I'd rather not be apart of that.

So yeah... be safe tomorrow everyone. :lol:
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I wish people would take the minimal amount of time it takes to look into something like this before posting. If you take any time at all to search the Internet about what the Mayans say about their calendar, you wouldn't even talk about the "End of the World", just the "End of this Age". The Mayans describe what could be called "Ages of Mankind" that are determined by some pretty sophisticated Astronomy/Astrology. By the way, before you put too much faith in said calendar, know that because of changes in calendars that have happened over the millenia involved, some archaeologists have said that this date may have passed a few years back, or may be as yet to come.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

If people didn't repeatedly tell me the will end, I would've found this highly amusing.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Oh my god, can you all get off your high horse? What a load of horseshit over some kid posting a cute theory regarding 2012.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Enter the four apocalyptic tron cyclists...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Lag, Hax, Clan Drama and Bluescreen?