Regarding balls and mosquitos...

Anything About Anything...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Regarding balls and mosquitos...

Post by Word »

This post and the following were split from another thread. Context? Oh, invent it! --epsy

So are boys who pretend to be girls.
delinquent
Match Winner

Re: Server owners, please avoid creating too many "spec slot

Post by delinquent »

Thankyou Word, I now have Coffee dripping out of my nose, all over my nice new keyboard, all down my front and all over the cat.

BTW I agree, but also I agree with keeping a few slots open so that people can observe and learn from that observation.
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Word wrote:So are boys who pretend to be girls.
Word, shut the **** up, honestly.. Why did you need to go there, just back off.. and if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all.. Elmo said nothing wrong to you, you had no right to go there.

People make mistakes guys, its a part of life.. let things go.. bringing up things from the past get you nowhere in the future.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

BOOM! Head shot!
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Gaz wrote:
Word, shut the **** up, honestly.. Why did you need to go there
Because it was freakin' hilarious. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Yet surprisingly, after admitting his mistakes, has a bigger set of balls than you.. Word.

Anyways, I don't agree with epsy's words. Like Clutch said, people stay to chat with their friends, try to ask specs if they want to switch servers and they probably won't. You'll only be forcing them to do things if you lower max clients.
Word

Post by Word »

lol I forgot about this post immediately after I wrote it, didn't see what happened here :P
Lizmatic wrote:Yet surprisingly, after admitting his mistakes, has a bigger set of balls than you.. Word
Well, people who don't like to annoy others with their balls' size or silly confessions try to avoid those mistakes in the first place.
And since you have a habit of insulting so many people on a regular basis I'm wondering why you don't tolerate a rather harmless joke like that yourself. Looks like I hit a nerve there. I actually thought Elmo would be able to laugh about this as well, same for his clanmates. I would probably have posted the same if someone else had made this comment, because it's a simple truism we've seen from so many other players besides Elmo.
I now have Coffee dripping out of my nose, all over my nice new keyboard, all down my front and all over the cat.
Sorry. I so hate when that happens.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote:...because it's a simple truism we've seen from so many other players besides Elmo.
That's why I thought it was funny. Gold star for that joke. :star:
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

tl;dr

no balls

Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Lucifer wrote:Because it was freakin' hilarious. :)
To you and him.. not to elmo (most likely) but, before making a "joke" consider how it makes the other person feel..

Even though i highly doubt word cares (which is what makes him a douchebag) it still isnt right to say something like that to someone, especially when its way past all of us and in the past.
Word

Post by Word »

As absurd as it is to think it was a personal insult it is to think that this has to be tabooized now, as if it never happened. That's why these things are called mistakes, they have consequences you should think about BEFORE you make them. You are right, I don't care about Elmo's feelings because I can't see how I could possibly have hurt them by making fun of something that he did, if you like it or not.
Last edited by Word on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Gaz wrote:stuff
Nope, that's the price he's gotta pay for being a bonehead: occasionally enduring a light joke at his expense for awhile. Word's little jab wasn't nearly as mean-spirited as you want to make it out to be. (I think the murderer analogy was stupidly extreme, though.) And why aren't you defending Word against Liz's attacks, if you're so morally principled?

Indeed, considering the vile, misogynistic, petty and retributive nature of internet culture, I'm a bit surprised the fallout hasn't been a great deal more vicious for Elmo.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Liz shouting "no balls" to word is more derogatory than anything Word said :P

Anyway, I don't think making a spec limit is necessary,
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

No because in a way.. liz doesnt do it every day all day.... what Word said was not truly needed... Do i agree with what elmo did, no i do not.. but does that mean that i am going to sit here and bring it up days, weeks, or even months later.. no of course not.. because it was a mistake, people should learn to not take them so heavily.. Humans make mistakes.. we arent perfect.
Word

Post by Word »

(I think the murderer analogy was stupidly extreme, though.)
It's 1 AM! Just sleep-deprived. (Edited it out. Sorry about that. Stealing sounded a little to harmless for my taste.)
but does that mean that i am going to sit here and bring it up days, weeks, or even months later
Well, that's what you're doing now - instead of staying cool and just paying me the favor back when you have the opportunity.
people should learn to not take them so heavily
No, look - if you make a mistake it's your job to fix that. It's not like everyone else has to adapt and lower the bar so your wrongdoings are in-line with common behaviour.
Last edited by Word on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.