Tourney Streaming?

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

delinquent
Match Winner

Re: Tourney Streaming?

Post by delinquent »

It would be excellent if a live link to servers was included on the SF page
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

twitch tv or owned tv would work, it's pretty easy to work out, you just need a computer that can handle it, people willing to commentate/shoutcast the games (also explain how to play for the possible new recruits attracted by the game but knowing 0 about the gameplay) and skype or teamspeak to communicate to eachother. It's easier than what we (you) did few months ago.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Gonzap wrote:twitch tv or owned tv would work, it's pretty easy to work out, you just need a computer that can handle it, people willing to commentate/shoutcast the games (also explain how to play for the possible new recruits attracted by the game but knowing 0 about the gameplay) and skype or teamspeak to communicate to eachother. It's easier than what we (you) did few months ago.
This.

You also need a very good internet connection, it won't be smooth quality if you have below 2mb/s upload speed. Xsplit software will record the sound on your PC so you can have a TS channel where you commentate with one or a few other people, while watching tron on the screen. It's a very good idea for tron tournaments. On own3d, you have the option to automatically record it to your channel as well, so everyone can rewatch it.

I'm not willing to stream or voice commentate, but I know a lot about own3d and Xsplit and can even arrange a license for the person who'll be in charge of this, so let me know.
Soapy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Soapy »

I was just thinking in terms of making the matches not so crowded, giving spectators a place to chat, and also making it a way to draw in new players.

I would be willing to stream, not sure how much a commentator I would be though.
I've got an xsplit license, an excellent computer and a 30 mb/s interwebs connection. I stream games all the time at pretty solid quality.

I could make a twitch.tv account specifically for the tourney streams.
Just keep me updated if anyone wants to go in on this with me and when you want to start.
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

We used it in a recent tourney for the final match. Everything went well and there were no real issues. Definitely a viable alternative and avenue to explore for the ladle.