Ramps and Multi-levels.

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Rixe

Ramps and Multi-levels.

Post by Rixe »

Out of anything more I'd want to see actual ramps and multi levels in one stage. To explain further I'd want to play a high rubber stage that goes up and down levels that has mazes in some rooms, call it the CUBE where it has 6 different rooms all in one stage. That way people could fight in their "terrain" whenever they choose.

Thanks for the Read.

Px
~Rixe
"The Grid: A Digital Frontier... One Day... I Got In"
breeze
Average Program

Re: Ramps and Multi-levels.

Post by breeze »

I don't know enough about the game or programming to tell you if it could be implemented, but wow, you blew my mind. That's a wild idea, and I like it. Nice brainstorming :D
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Obvious sock puppet account. Why don't they just use their normal one right away :lol:
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

You guys make a nice team. With such a powerful lobby there must be some people who can program it.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

It can be done, but we dont have the dev power right now. Making a game 3d isnt as simple as "just change the map code to allow other levels", a looooooot of things have to be rewritten for that to happen. Sadly, a change like this wont happen unless we get more active developers.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
breeze
Average Program

Post by breeze »

Jonathan wrote:You guys make a nice team. With such a powerful lobby there must be some people who can program it.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

I've been thinking about this myself. Not being adept at programming, I don't have a great idea of a method, but I think in order for this to be workable, and bug free, the whole game would have to be re-written in a different or much extended language.
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

delinquent wrote:the whole game would have to be re-written in a different or much extended language.
Not really, there is a ton of games written in C++ which are more advanced than AA. The only limitation we have here is dev power.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

ElmosWorld wrote:Armagetron Rule # 72
I lol'd :d
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

After ramps would come smooth corners though... It's gonna become an effigy of tron:legacy.

I still thin kthe whole basis of the game would change. Keep arma as it is, in respect of it's classic stylisation, and develop a spin-off. I've seen some sprite developments on YT that include the "jump from standing to lightcycle" and the smooth cornering, but that was apparently written in something completely different, I know not what.