3v3 King of the Sand Fortress +pickup

Topics and posts about all other servers...
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

3v3 King of the Sand Fortress +pickup

Post by epsy »

Hello!

Today I'm rolling out two King of the Fortress servers. A public play one at armagetronad://kotf.hashpickup.net named King of the Sand Fortress and a pickup equivalent(!add kotf3).

Now what does that server do?

It is mostly inspired by sinewav's Fortress Half-Court, of which he posted the config this week. In short, only one base is present: The winning team attacks it while the losing team defends it.

In King of the Fortress, the roles are reversed. Winners defend their fortress while runner-ups try to conquer it. Each round won yields 100 points while each kill yields 10 points. Conquering the fortress yields an additional 100 points, or 50 if not in the fortress. The score limit is at 1000 with a 210 margin, the mercy limit at 550 and the round limit at 25. Pickup uses 1500w250 and 750, respectively.

However, defenders have a toughened job. Their zone is needy and needs a defender inside it to keep up. You can either adapt your defending style or sacrifice a sweeper to stay inside at all times. However, there needs to be more attackers than defenders for the zone to conquer. 1v1 stalls the conquest, forcing the defender to strictly stay in. You can find the server's conquest rates here.

The config is available for RINCLUDE'ing:

Code: Select all

RESOURCE_REPOSITORY_SERVER http://resource.hashpickup.net/
RINCLUDE epsy/kotf/kotf-0.1.aacfg.cfg
Good luck and have fun!

-> Subreddit post
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: 3v3 Semi-Fortress Court +pickup

Post by sinewav »

epsy wrote:However, defenders have a toughened job. Their zone is needy and needs a defender inside it to keep up.
Cool idea!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: 3v3 Semi-Fortress Court +pickup

Post by sinewav »

Feedback: Only the scoring. I think the scoring should be weighted to make zone changeovers more frequent. If a team defends or attacks and all three survive, I think that should count for a lot. I would suggest a zone be roughly the value of one or two players. This would add more variance between defending/attacking (and make ties less frequent).

Also, score limit is too high. We should try a new scoring system and play a few games and see if we can get the time down to around 10-15 minutes.
nux
Round Winner

Re: 3v3 King of the Sand Fortress +pickup

Post by nux »

Sounds like fun, but what about holing? I have the sense it will be a holing game, more than a half fort.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Holing isn't as good an idea as you'd think. So far there is no better success with it than regular Fortress.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Nice to see somebody take this concept further to make it better.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Lot's of fun. Well done epsy.