Apology

Anything About Anything...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Apology

Post by sinewav »

compguygene wrote:You certainly seem in other threads to be tolerant of Hinduism or Buddhism, which you do not seem to attack. Must you attack Christianity at every turn with such vigor?
There just aren't enough Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, and whatever spouting off nonsense here for you to read my lashings; just Christians like Titan who want attention (note this thread). I'm happy to give you the attention you desperately desire. :twisted: Christians love to be persecuted because they get to show their faith, which makes their god smile on them. (Think about it. Isn't that sick?)

Also, I've found an error in a previous post of mine. I make the statement "you can't be a Jewish Muslim," but I've recently found this to be untrue. You can, because Judaism has an ethnic definition as well as a cultural/religious one. Interesting, but still stupid and useless.
Punish
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Punish »

Apology accepted Titan
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

So, you must beat dead horse I see....no problem. Let's do this.

First, this thread. It was never about seeking attention. Of course I doubt that you can believe that anybody can have a true regret about their actions and feel the need to publicly apologize for any but the basest of reasons. As a fellow Christian, I immediately stepped up to the plate and corrected Titanoboa in his obvious errors here. I did not try to debate Christianity, others asked me questions, to which I responded. Now, you have decided to go on full attack. No problem. Let's just make this personal, you certainly seem to be trying to do so.

Sinewav, you have every right to insult me, my friends, and my beliefs. You can say that I and my fellow believers are insane and misguided. What I really have to wonder is this? Why do you do this? Are we expected to attack you back? Do you want me to defend my faith, when I have already acknowledged that there is no way I can defend it to you? Are you attempting by berating and belittling me and/or my position to get me to see what you perceive to be the utter lies of the Bible?
Does anybody else see that I am not trying to push my faith on any of you? I am neither attacking you or your beliefs. I am just asking that you stop the pointless debate and pushing your viewpoint so damnably hard. But, I suppose in your world the single greatest evil is religion. Funny thing is, on that we would agree. I do not really subscribe to the beliefs of mainline Christianity, but to the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. He, who in his day, pissed off the religious establishment and would do it today as well.
Upon reflection, I can see one potential reason that you react with such vehemence and vitriol. It reminds me of a former smoker. I have friends that a smokers, non-smokers who have never smoked (which I am), and former smokers. I have found that the former smokers are always much more offended by the smell of cigarette smoke than non-smokers who have never smoked. Similarly, as someone that has had some obviously negative experiences with mainline Christianity and the Bible, you seem to take greater offence than some to these things. I really have to wonder how much of your vitriol comes from this emotional place.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

This is going to be a joy to read in a few hours
Boxed
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

I'm sorry but the context of Titan's posts make this extremely difficult to take seriously. As for my stand on religion, I feel that it is incredibly important, but saying silly things like Titan is is a bit counter productive to the legitimacy of his "faith". You can either choose to believe he has had some profound experience, or, more likely, that this is some strange cry for attention.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Clutch wrote:This is going to be a joy to read in a few hours
Ha! Yeah, I might as well dig in. I'm in-between projects so I have a little time.
compguygene wrote:As a fellow Christian, I immediately stepped up to the plate and corrected Titanoboa in his obvious errors here.
Look how pompous you are. You love to draw attention to your Christianity, which is exactly the opposite advice you gave Titan on page 2:
compguygene wrote:One other thing that I would advise to do, Titanoboa. It is the hallmark of immaturity to always put everything in "Christian Terms" ...
And to top it all off, you've completely missed the point of Titan's original post, strangely, since you think you have some sort of Christian bond with him. It's not just an apology (thankfully, because it's a pretty silly one). Titan is clearly saying his relationship with God (nay, everyone's relationship with God) is completely personal and can't be known through studying literature, advice, or any of the common ways people generally approach their practice. He's experiencing a sense of the divine that exceeds description. He sees the divine in everything, including us horrible atheists. And yet you still want to jump in and be seen as the older, wiser, more experienced/advanced Christian. How can you possibly contribute to this kid's overwhelming experience of the universe exploding within and around him? "Crisis of faith?" How would you know what he's feeling? Seriously, go screw yourself.

If you'll notice, I didn't really say anything in this thread until I got tired of you making yourself seem so righteous. Go ahead and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I'll watch my back. This isn't about my distaste of religion. It's about me being tired of your haughty nonsense. "Oh look at me I'm so peaceful when I tell others how to live their lives"
compguygene wrote:The best way to share Christ with those that do not believe at all is by example.
Nice example of how to be annoyingly proud. If you really think it's a "dead horse" you wouldn't be posting, attention-whore.

And for the record, I've never smoked. I think it's extremely immature and something adults don't do. If you are out of your teens and still smoke, damn, grow the hell up.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Yes sine, I am the attention-whore that has to attack people! cough cough Have you looked in the mirror much. But please, just make your attacks more personal. I am waiting for you to insult me far more effectively to make your point. Obviously you have a need to insult anybody you disagree with to prove your point, when logic and kindness will not suffice. I suppose when you have time in-between projects you can spend it in this way.
Last edited by compguygene on Sun May 27, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

sinewav wrote:
compguygene wrote:You certainly seem in other threads to be tolerant of Hinduism or Buddhism, which you do not seem to attack. Must you attack Christianity at every turn with such vigor?
There just aren't enough Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, and whatever spouting off nonsense here for you to read my lashings; just Christians like Titan who want attention (note this thread). I'm happy to give you the attention you desperately desire. :twisted: Christians love to be persecuted because they get to show their faith, which makes their god smile on them. (Think about it. Isn't that sick?)

Also, I've found an error in a previous post of mine. I make the statement "you can't be a Jewish Muslim," but I've recently found this to be untrue. You can, because THIS IS 'MERICA AND IN 'MERICA, WE CAN DO WHAT WE WANT.. Interesting, but still stupid and useless.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

compguygene wrote:Yes sine, I am the attention-whore that has to attack people! cough cough Have you looked in the mirror much.
I can attack like a ninja when I want, but sometimes I prefer war elephants. War elephants with Satanic pentagrams branded on their foreheads and blood stained tusks. I'm coming to stomp on you. Be afraid.
compguygene wrote:But please, just make your attacks more personal. I am waiting for you to insult me far more effectively to make your point.
More personal? Hmmm... Oh wait, here is a good one! I see from your posts that you still double-space sentences, but that practice went out decades ago along with the typewriter. Maybe you still use a typewriter then OCR scan the pages? Well either way, you are totally inconsistent with your double spaces; some sentences have them and others don't. I'll attribute this to your general internal inconsistency, that which weakens all your arguments. How's that? Insane insult skillz, amirite? lol...
compguygene wrote:Obviously you have a need to insult anybody you disagree with to prove your point, when logic and kindness will not suffice.
Can you kindly stfu? Everyone benefits, thus it is the logical thing to do.
compguygene wrote:I suppose when you have time in-between projects you can spend it in this way.
It doesn't need to be in-between projects. I can type this with my toes and still get my work done. This hardly takes any time at all since I can cut a fool down like a Gatling gun full of spite.

Also, this.

Note: this entire post was written solely for the sake of comedy.
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

sinewav wrote: Also, this.
Damnit sine!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Clutch wrote:This is going to be a joy to read in a few hours
LOL I honestly had to go back and read the first 3 pages to get the entire storyline before it became a 10-page topic. I literally cracked up when I read that.

@Compguygene: I respect your attempt to make people understand the nonsense that they spew, but it is pointless, man. Just realize that every mind is different, and regardless of how hard you try or how much evidence you produce, human nature prevents people from realizing that their beliefs aren't perfectly right, and that their opinions aren't more or less significant than any other opinion.

@Mecca: You need one more post!
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ratchet wrote:Just realize that every mind is different, and regardless of how hard you try or how much evidence you produce, human nature prevents people from realizing that their beliefs aren't perfectly right, and that their opinions aren't more or less significant than any other opinion.
You want in on this abuse too? That statement you made is completely ignorant. Human nature doesn't stop people from seeing different ways to look at a situation, and yes, opinions do change. And opinions aren't all equally insignificant. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is of the opinion it is perfectly Ok to drop bombs on the citizens of his country and refuse diplomacy. His opinion shapes policy, and that policy causes pain, suffering, and death. Still think all opinions are equally significant?

I for one know my beliefs are mutable, and that's a very, very good thing.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

sinewav wrote:
Ratchet wrote:human nature prevents people from realizing that their beliefs aren't perfectly right
You want in on this abuse too? That statement you made is completely ignorant. Human nature doesn't stop people from seeing different ways to look at a situation, and yes, opinions do change. And opinions aren't all equally insignificant. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is of the opinion it is perfectly Ok to drop bombs on the citizens of his country and refuse diplomacy. His opinion shapes policy, and that policy causes pain, suffering, and death. Still think all opinions are equally significant?

I for one know my beliefs are mutable, and that's a very, very good thing.
It wasn't a question. Clearly you agree with it, as you just proved you simply are incapable of thinking that what you believe is wrong. If you think you are capable of looking at this situation differently, try it.

Besides that, you pointed out a few posts ago
sinewav wrote:Well either way, you are totally inconsistent with your double spaces; some sentences have them and others don't. I'll attribute this to your general internal inconsistency, that which weakens all your arguments. How's that? Insane insult skillz, amirite? lol...
Maybe I'm the ignorant one here, but isn't this a prime example of inconsistency?
sinewav wrote:And opinions aren't all equally insignificant. {...} Still think all opinions are equally significant?
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

My only input on this is that if said religious individual is going to witness to others (whether it be by example or words) it's necessary to find a balance in the presentation. I've realized that the more people wear a name tag, if you will, the more reluctant atheists and agnostics are to engage in conversation with the person for fear of a bible slammed on their head (not religious conversation, just basic banter). I've still been struggling with the "happy-medium", but I just wanted to make it clear. My experience as a human is, more than likely, completely unique to all others, which is why I only claim Christianity when requested in discussion or on a personal level. As I said, I'm probably doing it wrong. Just wanted to throw in my view on apologies, promotions, etc. This isn't directed to any certain individual or group, by the way.

p.s. (My specific opinions on religion and the spreading of it has been in fluctuation for a while now. I know my own beliefs, without a doubt, but i'm unsure on how to relate it to the whole picture.)
p.s.s. (F that picture... :()
p.s.s.s. (No matter the nature of this revelation, happy to see you so excited about a subject/experience, titan)
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ratchet, your post doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Try again.