Apology

Anything About Anything...
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Apology

Post by Titanoboa »

compguygene wrote:Nice to see your apology, brother. Let's just say for the sake of argument that neither sine nor Phytotron are Christians.
Wow. They must just be very smart people.
Last edited by Titanoboa on Mon May 21, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Can't tell if trolling or on shrooms
Boxed
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

I'm actually quite alive. I just saw Jesus and nothing else seems to matter anymore. Somehow he started to explain life for me. It's overwhelming. S:t Paul is starting to make sense too.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

I'm bowing before the cross and I find victory. Wish I had my bible with me.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

You're all on the right side. Took some time for it to sink in, Sorry.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

What exactly do you expect from us? This is getting strange.

Careful, say it too many times and the sorry gets worthless... :|
Last edited by Word on Mon May 21, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

I'm not sure what to make of this, or what rapid-fire quadruple posts tell about you. But take care. :o
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

One other thing that I would advise to do, Titanoboa. It is the hallmark of immaturity to always put everything in "Christian Terms" and be unable to have an intellectual discourse without referring to God. Newer Christians always want to "storm the gates of hell to save everybody". That is NOT our place. We are just vessels, workers in the Lord's field, and unfinished pots of clay on the potter's wheel. The best way to share Christ with those that do not believe at all is by example. By example, what I mean is to be able to engage them in positive intellectual discourse on any reasonable topic without falling back on God as a crutch. You can certainly share the morals and ethics of what you believe about issues without having to invite the inherent controversy of religion into the debate.
For example, I could spend about about 30-50 long forum posts debating about the ethics, emotional effects, and societal effects of abortion without every bringing up a word about "God's Law". It has been my experience that most Christians start whippin' out the Bible to shut down debate when they either lack the knowledge and are really unarmed or are just plain on the wrong side but can't admit that.
I find it interesting that Jonathan has chosen to bring up the example of Homosexuality as a place where 99% of Christianity is just plain wrong and/or dumb. I am not gonna turn this thread into a debate about that. I just would like to point out the example in my own life of my son, who is openly Homosexual, attends our church, and is not judged or mistreated by either my family or my church. We all love him as our Lord commands us to. Any less than that would put us in the place of being idiots, hypocritical, and driving my son away from us. If our church did that, we would be gone, and with great protest as to why.
My point of all this is very simple. You should be guided by LOVE at all times. This is what our Lord did, much to the derision and complaint of the religious leaders of his day.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Titanoboa wrote:
Kijutsu wrote:...so is everyone in this topic gonna ignore the fact that Titan's completely lost it? dude, you're crazy, like.. you've gone insane..
At least I lost it for real this time. My world is turning upside down and I'm starting to get some answers. It's much nicer to lose it for real than just almost losing it.

Yeah Taz I'm sorry.

Any others? Remind me.

Potter. Sorry for all the stuff I did to you.

Maybe I'll think of more later.
I have no idea what you're referring to. But np anyway. :P
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

i think you need to apologize to me for being so bad at ctf and making me think you're good at it

i asked you for my ctf team because i thought you were pro

pff, garisimo's daughter is better than you

i mean, do you even triplebind?

i'm offended and hurt
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Kijutsu wrote:i think you need to apologize to me for being so bad at ctf and making me think you're good at it

i asked you for my ctf team because i thought you were pro

pff, garisimo's daughter is better than you

i mean, do you even triplebind?

i'm offended and hurt
Never miss the opportunity to troll! I know better than to feed the trolls, but sometimes I just like to yell "TROLL" when I see when in the darkness and shine my 1,000,000 candlepower lamp on them, just for kicks and giggles.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I have no idea what you're referring to. But np anyway. :P
I wonder whether he's referring to having killed you in the course of countless center duels. :P

Or it's just some kind of test to see how people react and over-analyze someone who is putting himself down like this (if this is a fitting description)? You see I'm already doing that - maybe related to the reactance theory I mentioned some time ago...
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

compguygene wrote:I find it interesting that Jonathan has chosen to bring up the example of Homosexuality as a place where 99% of Christianity is just plain wrong and/or dumb. I am not gonna turn this thread into a debate about that. I just would like to point out the example in my own life of my son, who is openly Homosexual, attends our church, and is not judged or mistreated by either my family or my church. We all love him as our Lord commands us to. Any less than that would put us in the place of being idiots, hypocritical, and driving my son away from us. If our church did that, we would be gone, and with great protest as to why.
My point of all this is very simple. You should be guided by LOVE at all times. This is what our Lord did, much to the derision and complaint of the religious leaders of his day.
Yes, acceptance is the right thing to do. But you can't just explain the Bible away, can you? It isn't just homosexuality either, but that happens to be one of the most striking examples. I wonder if Jesus lived today, would he tell us to discard the Bible altogether and just be good? Interestingly, it would put many 'enemies' of Christianity in a Jesus-like position. I guess that makes Christians like modern-day Jews. That's some confusing nomenclature, but you get my point. :)
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

I believe the rhetoric is sin vs. sinner. Love the sinner, hate the sin. You get into the whole commanded to stone them or some such, but those laws are superseded by the modern day civic laws. Not worth getting into realistically.