tron and the minimal meme

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: tron and the minimal meme

Post by sinewav »

Kijutsu wrote:*Z-Man the "impartial" mod probably removed my post.
It was probably because I took a shot at you right after and things could have seriously degraded from there. Probably for the best.

I personally thought 2020's article was very interesting, but maybe not in the same way other's did or did not.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Kijutsu wrote:*Z-Man the "impartial" mod probably removed my post.
Nope, you were lucky and epsy removed it first. The new, reformulated version is fine.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

i am used to social media
and forgot about the moderation that happens on forums...
i've wanted to "like" or "+1" a post or two too

i have found that various attempts to shift this game community to a higher level have been thwarted in the past
much like having a team-killer at the start of a fortress round...
people just get nervous
and the whole team fails to gell

if i manage to get something off the ground in the real world
i shall be proposing something to the community in may!
hold the line
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Kijutsu wrote:I was laughing at Phyto for calling someone else passive agressive while you're pretty much a nice guy, albeit a bit hard to understand sometimes, and nearly all of his posts are agressive towards someone.
You're conflating passive-aggressive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive–ag ... e_behavior) and aggressive, either deliberately or out of ignorance. 2020 is passive-aggressive; he couches his thinly-veiled insults in phony niceties and backhanded comments. He plays games. He spits on your shoe and tells you it's a spring rain, and isn't that a lovely rainbow. He is disingenuous, always has been. I may be frank, blunt, even abrasive at times, but one thing you cannot say is that I am disingenuous, evasive, or play games.
2020 wrote:i have found that various attempts to shift this game community to a higher level have been thwarted in the past
Please, you have no genuine interest in the quality of the "community," of the people and their behaviour as individuals and toward one another. Your only interest is seeing your cockamamie "tronic progression" carried out, which will never happen. Vanity.

EDIT: URL tag doesn't work properly, I guess because of the dash?
Last edited by Phytotron on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

apparition wrote:Rorschach and Wonder Wart-Hog are so different, yet so similar at the same time, that I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be the same person... Amazing 8)
fixed :lol:
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

phytho what the hell has 2020 said wrong, please tell us
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

I am not passive aggressive, Phyto. I just hold my space, balance, whatever you want to call it. If someone bullies me, I stand up. I don't particularly want to fight. I try to turn the fight into a dance. And if I fail, I get knocked down. And so it goes.

After being knocked down a few times, within this community and in the wider world, I have given up. So I wander off for a period of time. I recouperate. I didn't intend to come back this time, but for one reason or another I end up playing this game, for example, and I am amazed. Amazed by the dedication of the players, amazed that the ladle still hangs together. And I am amazed that I found a new depth to this game, eg showing this 6 year old who is learning to read and write, and using this game to help him. Who would believe it? Not I. And I merely wanted to share it with some people here. And instead of having anything close to a reasonable discussion, to elicit some insight into the process, whether anyone has noticed anything like this, I get sucked into your aggressive behaviour.

I am not being aggressive. I am not being passive-aggressive. I am simply attempting to share an insight. That is all. And others in the community can not engage with that slight, subtle, even fragile insight, because of the incredible volume of your aggression. Which is a pity. Humourous, in a way, which I took at first, but sadly, at the end of it, simply sad.

So, thank you for your analysis, Phyto, your perspective, your expression. But quite frankly, if Z-man, or Epsy, or whoever is moderating is willing to take out various posts as the community attempt to step in and stop Phyto, then please do me the honour of deleting any post that Phyto writes in relation to my next post. I would like to share something I have found to be interesting, and it might be useful for the community of players who play this game. And I am afraid, that if Phyto is allowed to maul me, then the loss will not only be mine. Please consider this.

And Phyto, I am happy to engage you, perhaps in a skype, or a google hangout, so we can talk. I would like to invite people to witness this, record it, whatever, in order for us to establish a more peaceful co-existence, not only for us two, but for others. The tussle you pull me into is detrimental for us all, albiet amusing to some.
hold the line
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

(and yes
i am interested in what you got from the article
sinewav)
hold the line
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

2020 wrote:if Z-man, or Epsy, or whoever is moderating is willing to take out various posts as the community attempt to step in and stop Phyto
It was neither intended nor fit to stop him. I personally would have removed Phyto's post prior to them as well, but I don't do post-moderation; if another mod has worked on a thread, I keep out of it unless a new problem turns up.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

Does that mean you will prevent this kind of needless distraction the next time I post, or are you hoping that another mod will intervene?

Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening, apart from not posting of course?
hold the line
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

a pm from phyto:

PM removed from post. DO NOT POST PM's PUBLICLY. If you have a problem with a PM that someone has sent you, take it up with a moderator, where you can copy the PM for the moderator IN ANOTHER PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have asked for a public engagement with you, Phyto, not for this... I am not a victim. I am simply looking for ways to stop your assault. There is something terribly wrong, and I am not sure where it is exactly. Clearly you don't like what I have done in the past, or what I have drawn attention to, or what or indeed how I say it. I might easily assume from your expression that you simply don't like me. I am sorry for this, Phyto, because I really don't understand why; I hope that will suffice as a public apology. Not liking me is ok, it's not the end of the world. Just leave me to get on with what I am getting on with and I shall leave you to your own interests. We do not need to engage on the forum, or on the grid (apart from in opposite teams).
hold the line
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

the anger that dude displays makes the innocent child in me cry

cry real tears
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Oh boy, this isn't going to turn out well. I can't say that posting a PM was a particularly wise decision... :roll:
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

I have a feeling this thread is going to be a joy to read when I wake up tomorrow
Boxed
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I have a feeling it will be locked by then, haha.