Modifying the Chatbot client-Side :)

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
»Swag

Modifying the Chatbot client-Side :)

Post by »Swag »

Hello :)!

I was wondering if I could have some help! I have seen other previously but rarely have there client hacked to be able to use Chatbot_ commands locally so it only changes them for instance it lets you use this:
Chatbot_range
Chatbot_new_wall_blindness
Chatbot_delay
Chatbpt_decay
Enemy_chatbot_penalty
Chatbot_always_active
and so on I was wondering if any one can help me do this like the others I previously see. I tried to do it on my owned but failed to recognize what to do with the Gcycle.app and what to put in there to have it local and code block. So I would summarize this by saying I would like to Modify my Chatbot locally on any server with out the use of admin or owner of a server just Client-Side on other servers. Thanks for the help and the support :)!
:D

P.S I tried over and over trying to learn how to do this but fail to find out what to do. Thanks :)!
I previously also asked the people to open source it if they had it but they said stupid things like this "Maybe I should charge you $10 dollars a day to be able to use it" :(
Jip
Round Winner

Re: Modifying the Chatbot client-Side :)

Post by Jip »

You want support for cheating? Don't expect too much help...

But this makes me think of it again. Is there anyway to implement a method to check if a modified client is used?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

What Jip said, plus, please don't cross-post.
Jip wrote:But this makes me think of it again. Is there anyway to implement a method to check if a modified client is used?
Not really. It's impossible enough for closed source games, and with open source, it just goes against the spirit. It wouldn't be able to distinguish between a regular, self-compiled game and a really modified one.

Moving the chatbot code to the server would also just be a minor hindrance; the code will always be there and always work clientside as well, so all a cheater needs to do is to is activate it there. It's a little more complicated than what they need to do now, but not much. The only real solution is to play with settings where the chatbot or any other bot has trouble; sensibly long cycle_delay is one of them.
»Swag

Post by »Swag »