Ladle 55

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Ladle 55

Post by ElmosWorld »

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Ladle 55

Post by sinewav »

Needs seeds, please. :)
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

sinewav wrote:Needs seeds, please. :)
Since mYm disbanded who will get their seed?

The team in which Eckz and liz are teamleader in?

Well done Elmo :D
Signature? wtf...
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

No one, it's listed there, since they won't have a similar name, or 3 members (other than team leader) from last ladle.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

deso its and not or

"Retaining your seed

The team name must remain the same. The exception is a slight variation or abbreviation of the name. However, it should be obvious to the person making the brackets this is a returning team with a seed. Please use good sense if you must use a variant or abbreviation.
The team must have either:
The same captain (or at least one captain out of the two, if there were two) and three additional players who were on the challenge board the previous ladle or
Five players who were on the challenge board in the previous ladle. Player names are restricted to the same guidelines as team names (above).
If your team does not meet these requirements you lose your seed and lower seeds move up to fill your position. "
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

I am lazy reading rules :D
Signature? wtf...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Thank you Elmo. I like your enthusiasm.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

I realize that, my "or" meant that not only did they fail one criteria, they failed both.
Last edited by Desolate on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Desolate wrote:I realize that, my or meant that not only did they fail one criteria, they failed both.
has anyone figured this riddle out yet?
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

solved it! It should be 'nor'
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

mym might want to change their player names if they want to retain their seed
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Is it not apparent that mym will be having 5 players return? I havent looked at old ladle team but will aliases really matter in this case? I don't see what the issue is. I still don't know the benefits of a seed because all other teams have an equal chance of playing one another still. Oh sure, team that won won't play the team that they beat in the finals or semis, but does that really change anything? No benefits for the one seed if they end up playing a top tier team anyway. There's no real benefits to seeding, if they dont at least get some incentive for earning it.

Phone posting is a waste of time, psh... Can't even make sense of what I just said, heh.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I believe there are enough mYm returning to retain the seed. I don't know why the names were changed.
Overrated wrote:There's no real benefits to seeding, if they dont at least get some incentive for earning it.
The main benefit of seeding has to do with byes. If there aren't enough teams to fill the bracket, the top seed gets the first bye, the second seed the second bye, etc... Considering how long a Ladle can go (5+ hours!), not having to show up for the first round is real treat.

Seeding also creates a more balanced bracket, though sometimes it doesn't seem that way. There are clearly times when one half is tougher than the other. Having 8 seeds instead of 4 would balance the bracket even further.

You're right about one thing (but maybe wrong in your reasoning): overall seeding doesn't really matter a whole lot because there are so many good players in the game; an upset can happen at any time.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

You're right in the fact ladles last pretty long now, but how is an extra 45 minutes going to benefit a team unless players are going to show up late? This is considered a "big" event, why would a team NOT want to play more? A treat? I want to play, not sit around and wait. That doesn't seem to be an issue right now, though, because we have had 16 teams consistently.

The only real way to make this balanced is to set it up balanced manually...
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

How is it obvious? The clan died. It could just be chah putting a team together to keep the seed. Otherwise there was no reason to change the names.