Ladle 53 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle 53 Predictions

Post by AI-team »

the level of prediction topics is constantly going down

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

^ can't agree more with AI.

Don't insult comp or you'll have to deal with me! That being said, you should take this as it is, lame predictions meant to be for laughing. We all know liz knows no other way of joking than making fun of everyone surrounding her. Pitiful.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Opening Round

Speeders vs Swift
If Swift plays like they did last ladle against CTA, it's very possible for them to upset SP, but even then, they're still getting a couple of their members used to the fort game and strategies. I figure SP can take advantage of that, but if they get as impatient as CTA did, then it might not end well. It mostly depends on how Swift plays. The conservative approach might not even be necessary knowing SP's style, and it could end up being very slow-developing matches.

Speeders (2) - Swift (1)

Crazy Tronners Alpha vs openTeam
Not much to see here folks...

Crazy Tronners Alpha (2) - openTeam (0)

Speedhax vs Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats
Frankly, I don't think the SP2 team has enough skill to beat TX, even with a possible slight server advantage. SP2's team is solid, but not sure if it's that solid to beat a TX team that must be hungry for a little more than a quarterfinal or opening round exit. TX's team is just outright better, and I can't see them losing.

Speedhax (0) - Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats (2)

Immortal Dynasty vs Pure Luck
Not much to see here folks...

Immortal Dynasty (0) - Pure Luck (2)

Team.uNk vs Crazy Tronners Beta
CTB's team is severely different than CTA. Less overall skill, and it doesn't help when they're playing a uNk team that is definitely looking for fit revenge on JDawg's distasteful comment. And anyway, looking at this CTB team, I don't believe they could beat a team made of former Tu's.

Team.uNk (2) - Crazy Tronners Beta (0)

The United Noobs of Armagetron vs Team Elite
Surprisingly, this is a good matchup for both teams, and it's one of the few where it's literally a toss up on who will win. Frankly, this is uNa vs uNaRemade from the lineups that I see. I couldn't choose one so I'm going to flip a coin, heads it's uNa, tails it's Team Elite... It was heads.

The United Noobs of Armagetron (2) - Team Elite (1)

Imagineers vs RoadRunnerz
I still don't know much about this RoadRunnerz team, and I have no idea if Cody will even have enough players to legitimately play. If Cody has enough (that aren't just him), I think his team can handle them.

Imagineers (2) vs RoadRunnerz (0)

MeetYourMaker// vs \\MeetYourMaker
Really unlucky for mym, making two teams for their first time in a few months (speaking of that, they ended up playing each other in first round then too, what the hell?). One team is good, and the other is really good. I'll pick the really good team.

MeetYourMaker// (0) vs \\MeetYourMaker (2)

Quarter Finals

Speeders vs Crazy Tronners Alpha
I really think this one will just come down to whether CTA can have patience. If CTA doesn't have patience, then they're doomed. If they do, then they could probably take down SP.

Speeders (1) - Crazy Tronners Alpha (2)

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats vs Pure Luck
This looks like it'll be a decent match, pLx is a lot more solid compared to SP2. Why isn't Sylla on pLx's list though? I think if he plays for them, then they could probably upset TX, otherwise I'm not entirely sure if they can pull it off. I'll go with an upset though, don't see too many of those nowadays.

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats (1) - Pure Luck (2)

Team.uNk vs The United Noobs of Armagetron
Frankly, uNa is outclassed (sry).

Team.uNk (2) - The United Noobs of Armagetron (0)

Imagineers vs \\MeetYourMaker
No matter who is on Cody's team, they won't beat mym.

Imagineers (0) - \\MeetYourMaker (2)

Semi Finals

Crazy Tronners Alpha vs Pure Luck
CTA might go into a lull after beating SP, and fall behind early, but regardless, I think they'll feel once they get by SP, they'll be better set to make the finals. If they let it get to their heads, they might find themselves closer to losing than possible, and once again, pLx has the chance of upsetting CTA, but I'm not sure if they could do two in a row when they're still developing as a team.

Crazy Tronners Alpha (2) - Pure Luck (1)

Team.uNk vs \\MeetYourMaker
We'll have to see how this goes. One side of the SP-mym equation has gone down, and uNk definitely has enough patience for anything mym does. Frankly, I don't see it happening for uNk though.

Team.uNk (1) - \\MeetYourMaker (2)

Finals

Crazy Tronners Alpha vs \\MeetYourMaker
Keep this simple, CTA might get by with patience against SP, but I doubt they'd be able to do it again against mym. I'll take mym's consistency atm, as much as I'd like to predict another upset. Also, US server will mostly benefit mym imho.

Crazy Tronners Alpha (0) - \\MeetYourMaker (2)

gg's, gz mym, nohax.

Also I finished most of these up when I got home from work, so some of them are short and to the point instead of thinking through anything logical and putting something forward. Might avoid comments next predictions.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Good predictions over, good read.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Gonzap wrote:Don't insult comp or you'll have to deal with me! That being said, you should take this as it is, lame predictions meant to be for laughing. We all know liz knows no other way of joking than making fun of everyone surrounding her. Pitiful.
Why do you always start trolling?
sufy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sufy »

As all the serious predictions state, we're gonna see either Ct or Sp in the slot vs. mYm. All depends on that fateful quarterfinal match.

I think it's funny how all of mYm's serious competition are on the other side of the bracket.
INW

Post by INW »

sufy wrote: I think it's funny how all of mYm's serious competition are on the other side of the bracket.
Because we have played them and beat them all in the past like 5 ladles.
This is our first ladle not being on the side of TX in so long!
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

I've got a feeling TX could surprise us this ladle
sufy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sufy »

We'll finally get a chance to do the Durka Dance
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

dreadlord wrote:
Gonzap wrote:Don't insult comp or you'll have to deal with me! That being said, you should take this as it is, lame predictions meant to be for laughing. We all know liz knows no other way of joking than making fun of everyone surrounding her. Pitiful.
Why do you always start trolling?
Your loyalty is so flexible it amazes me everyday.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Thanks, if it's meant to be a compliment. I don't want to start things, just have fun tonight.
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

He was uncannily close. Not only did he only get one match wrong, but he also got the scores right in 11 out of the 15 matches.

Name Cronix new prediction king?
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

Cronix wrote:[...]This match will last atleast 42 hours. No school for you guys :D Every round about 20 minutes long.[...]
Not entirely wrong :P
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

I've got to be honest, that really is remarkable Cronix :o

Read his description of the pL vs CT game, that's pretty much exactly what happened. If only Cronix was as good at predictions as he was at tron :lol: (jk <3)

EDIT: Sorry I mixed up Cronix's score predictions with Over's match descriptions, together you guys could predict the ladle so accurately we wouldn't even need to play