What are you listening to right now?

Anything About Anything...
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by ItzAcid »

Lol yes he is. I always call an artist, be it group or single, the band :oops: I'll go edit that.
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Oh hehe, well it would've been possible he used to have a band with the same name and if so I've missed that. That's why I asked
Clu42
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Clu42 »

i listen to a lot of techno, not dub step.I like Daft Punk, Glitch Mob (especially their version of derezzed) and a song calls "Start Shooting" on "the Mickey Mouse Operation"
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

sinewav wrote:Ugh, you'll shake your head in disappointment, haha. Boston hardcore from 2006, the band Death Before Dishonor.
Heh, yeah, I can't do the sludgy detuned guitar and cookie-monster vocals deal, or any of this modern "metalcore" stuff. The one partial exception being Integrity, who I thought you might've been familiar with since you know DBD and Hatebreed, having toured with the former and done a split 7" with the latter. I have one of their records, "Those Who Fear Tomorrow," which I like and is fun to listen to, but half in a novelty kind of way, heh. No detuned guitars, but cookie monster vocals that should've put the end to cookie monster vocals forever. But no way would I have ever attended one of their shows; too scary. I don't want to get beat up by the kind of knuckleheaded, macho brotherhood/crew scene kids that had taken over and ruined hardcore by that point. Not that there was much of anything left to be done with straight-up hardcore by that point. Cutting myself off before I go into a rant and local history, heh.

... My favorite metal band is the legendary Kinghorse.

Maybe I'll post some old Louisville punk/hardcore at some point, if you're interested, or can just PM you if you want. One of the cool things about YouTube, for all the garbage, is that I'm continuing to find videos of local shows going back to the early 80's. "Hey, I was there!" And oftentimes so was my wife, many years before we actually met. :D

Whoa, speaking of something sounding ripped off, in this case a specific song, this just came up on Pandora (literally, what I'm listening to right now): Social Distortion - Far Behind. I don't even have to say what it is, you'll peg it right from the top, sinewav. Blech, thumbs down.

And finally, to cleanse myself of football talk:

Void - Organized Sports
Dead Kennedys - Jock-O-Rama
...plus other swell tunes.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Another good local metal band I left out is Dead Child. Devastatingly, their drummer, Tony Bailey, who played in a bajillion local bands, died two years ago. Drugs.

Clutch wrote:I live in a town where the only means of entertainment are to play street hockey, party, or go to the movies. There's also a bowling alley, but no one here likes bowling.
Big Black - Kerosene

SET ME ON FIRE!!!
Attachments
EDIT: this
EDIT: this
Last edited by Phytotron on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:I don't even have to say what it is, you'll peg it right from the top, sinewav.
Haha, wtf. I wonder why I never noticed that before.

EDIT: Also, wow, Big Black. Major blast from the past.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

:o

Dat bass solo. Pretty crazy.
Boxed
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Clutch wrote:Dat bass solo. Pretty crazy.
Indeed, but his looks aren't ok so it doesn't matter!
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

So the fact he looks different makes his skill less impressive? Come on now.
Boxed
INW

Post by INW »

Dubstep Mime

Well, I am really watching it but, yea, pretty funny and talented.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Clutch wrote:So the fact he looks different makes his skill less impressive? Come on now.
refering to some of the previous responses to this group made earlier in this thread :lol:
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Slov wrote:
Clutch wrote:So the fact he looks different makes his skill less impressive? Come on now.
refering to some of the previous responses to this group made earlier in this thread :lol:
Ahhh, I see. My bad.
Boxed
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

No, what one looks like, whether good or bad, has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with musicianship. None, nada, zero, zilch, zed. Music isn't made good because someone is hot, or bad because they're ugly. And, of course, if Titan were honest he would acknowledge I never suggested otherwise, and never would. But he has established a track record of bearing false witness.

The fact that the bass player in particular, though also the singer, happen to look thoroughly ridiculous is only additional visual revulsion on top of the independently awful audio insult that is their sucky, unimpressive "music." It would be disagreeable music whatever they looked like; what they look like just makes the experience of watching the video that much more unpleasant. :)

And let's be clear that Titan brought this up again, not I.