Ladle 51

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

prettylights
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Ladle 51

Post by prettylights »

sinewav wrote:Note to all players: The above is a one time only ban-lift. It should be obvious to everyone, if you are banned from a tournament server it's probably for a good reason and Ladle is no excuse to extend the privilege of playing there -- especially in cases where the player has a perm-a-ban.

Ladle operations edited to reflect common sense.
Rules for Players wrote:11. Finally, it goes without saying that all players should be aware of their own preexisting bans on tournament servers. If you were previously banned from a server at any time for any reason, the ban will not be lifted for the tournament.
i think this rule is seriously flawed and that more thought should be put into it. bans are not always given for good reason- youre assuming this game is full of reasonable people. the foundation for this rule is the assumption that every reason for a ban is "good"? how do you measure that? this rule basically gives server admins and anyone they've decided to give a pw to (usually several people if it's a clan server or a popular one, which is several of the ladle servers being used) a legitimate way to exclude people from the ladle. and not even considering extreme scenarios where admins/mods use that right, the reasons for a ban can be the most minimal thing (again, at the discretion of the admin/mod) that should be handled privately outside of the bounds of the tournament. in my mind, youre banned for the public use of the server, but if a server owner offers his server to a tournament, different provisions should apply. server owners should not have any effect on a tournament that includes any form of bias. theres obviously a few people that should be banned (like code mentioned above), but i think that decision should be in the hands of the people playing the tourney (and i think its obvious who these handful of people are anyway).

for example, i was perma-banned today by arilou from ID servers for telling someone (dont remember who) what the tx vs ID score was today in ladle. ashamed much? i know the people here who have met ari even once wouldn't be surprised. and the people that have gotten to know me know that im not someone going around causing problems (i hope).

anyway, i think the rule should be amended
\\eNVY
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

gg's to ds-ot, tx, r and sp! had a lot of fun playing yesterday.

Anyway, what if arilou bans an entire clan and they have to play in an ID server the first round? I wouldn't put it past him so yeah that rule is really flawed. You should be able to play in the tournament no matter what server you're banned from, Nightmare should have gotten temporarily unbanned. Being banned from the ladle should be different than being banned from a server.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

maybe we could consider the ladle as its own grouping and only hand out bans to people that deserve it for their actions during ladles, aka, keep a record of people banned from ladles and have it implemented on every ladle server. (people perma-banned from a server in ladle x will be perma-banned from all ladle servers from ladle x+1 on). That should be a right only given to zman and ladle admins though.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
.pRu|Nani
Average Program

Post by .pRu|Nani »

I thin the logic pretty lights provided is more than enough, the fact is, if you're banned, you're banned from public use of a private server. If they offer the server for ladle, it becomes a public server, and the ladle rules should reflect this.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Nightmare wrote: great so now i cannot participate in ladles... i should not have to face the consequences for something my brother did and i have already pmed zman telling him this. My team should not be pentalized for this and they were a man short.
didn't someone contact the FBI when your brother threatened to bring down all ladle servers (and earlier, when he said he'd hack Ww forums)? maybe Z-Man would be more willing to rehabilitate you when you snitch on your own brother :P
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

GZ mYm, you whipped us in the finals, sorry we didn't offer much of a challenge :D

Great game unk, was a lot of fun and very close. Well done Open Team, I wanna play for you guys soon!

Not to take away from anyone's matches, but the usual "the US servers are unplayable" groans, can we invest in some new ones or play on stable EU servers in the future!

Look forward to next month :star:
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

To be honest, EU servers have gotten extremely worse through out the past weeks.

I heard PRU's was nearly unplayable for Americans and Z-man's was bad as well.

Either way you look at it, the server will be hard to play on for some people.

Will just have to get over it in hopes you get matched with a good server.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Gutted I couldn't play, gz to mYm looks like you didn't even lose a round. Team to beat at the moment.

PS that ban rule is silly. We're all grateful to server owners for their contribution but it doesn't mean they have a monopoly on who can and can't compete in an open tournament.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

þsy wrote:Not to take away from anyone's matches, but the usual "the US servers are unplayable" groans, can we invest in some new ones or play on stable EU servers in the future!
I won't say that AoT server was perfect for me only because I won in it. I had several lags and slides against tx, but later everything was fine. Since I am not the european player with the best connection I do not really know what you are complaining about.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Last finals we lost in a EU server, most of our team is USA and lags get pretty bad, we didn't complain. :roll:
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

INW wrote:To be honest, EU servers have gotten extremely worse through out the past weeks.
I heard PRU's was nearly unplayable

I randomly blew up when grinding during the matches :oops: Wasn't going to say anything, but it wasn't the usual US player in a EU server lag. Still, congrats to mYm :)
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

vogue wrote:Last finals we lost in a EU server, most of our team is USA and lags get pretty bad, we didn't complain. :roll:
Hey! Whose complaining? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just making a suggestion - and by the sounds of it, we could do with some better EU servers too!

It was frustrating having nubi die every round randomly, but the reason we lost was down to the way mYm played against us, not the server
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

If that ban rule is to be put in place, server admins should be held accountable for their bans. I mean that in the sense that the community should remove servers that abuse them. And yeah, tournament server bans should only happen if games were disrupted. Here are mine:
1. Code Hunter's last known IP. Obvious reason.
2. The post is deleted now and I can't find it, but basically it was some guy posting a 'script' here that would give you infinite rubber or some similar impossible cheat, and it was a batch file rearranging your hard drive. Probably highly irrelevant, never saw that IP appear in any non-forum logs. I'll remove it.
3. 'adolf', someone who *cough* notified *cough* us of a flaw in the way the chat spam protection system works during ladle 49. The information itself was useful, the way it was delivered was not. Looks like a dynamic IP from the way it appears in the master logs, so that's lifted as well before it hits a poor random bugger using the same service.
There was a fourth, similar to 3, but not nearly as bad, that has been lifted earlire because the person apologized.
And, of course, there are the random short bans handed out by the automatic spectator rotating system when the server gets full.

I did not know Nightmare's IP and Code Hunter's IP were identical. He didn't tell me that, just that his brother did bad things, and since Code Hunter's IP is also banned from the forums, I suppose he's using his mobile or proxies to post here. Had I known, I honestly don't know whether I would have lifted the ban for this ladle; I wasn't there to monitor my server. I probably would rather have asked to take it off the list.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

þsy wrote:
vogue wrote:Last finals we lost in a EU server, most of our team is USA and lags get pretty bad, we didn't complain. :roll:
Hey! Whose complaining? :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was referring to the way your entire team rq at the end, sort of saw that as a negative thing. I'll try to take it as a compliment. :b
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

As for the TronZero server it was great for me and Concord. Concord actually outscored his ping each match. I know DpG all were complaining about lag but nobody from uNk said anything was terribly wrong.