Ladle 51

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

spiralstairs

Re: Ladle 51

Post by spiralstairs »

Is it cause I am using a free forum?
http://teamstairs.forumtl.com/

because I cant even update the clans page
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

What wiki account are you using? Have you verified it (with email)?
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
spiralstairs

Post by spiralstairs »

i just clicked create new account on the top rite page. And yeah I confirmed/activated my account
spiralstairs

Post by spiralstairs »

Oh NVM guys I got it thanks. There was something up with the code
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

As a spam mitigation measure, new users can't post links. And some links that are already on the page might be counted...
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

spiralstairs wrote:Oh NVM guys I got it thanks. There was something up with the code
And there is something up with your team, it's a little short of players :D

Unfortunately, there is a rule that prevents teams with less than 4 players from being included in the brackets. You have until 18:00 GMT Thursday to get 2 more people signed up, otherwise your team will be invalidated. If you don't make the cutoff, there are other options available to you.

:!: Note to everyone else: We Need US Servers!

C'mon guys, let's show some enthusiasm for the biggest deal in Arma. Also, I probably won't be around tomorrow to help. Feel free to use my server tool to make things easier.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

I'll ask animuson if his Las Vegas server is good enough quality for ladle matches, but I have a feeling that the distance between it and Europe may be a problem. Also, I get like 15 ping in it, so I hate it.

Also, as a sidenote, there should really be a tronny for sine for making the best use of the hyperlink tool.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

PokeMaster wrote:Also, as a sidenote, there should really be a tronny for sine for making the best use of the hyperlink tool.
I'll vote for that twice! :P
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
Core Dumper

Post by 0000 »

sinewav wrote: :!: Note to everyone else: We Need US Servers!

C'mon guys, let's show some enthusiasm for the biggest deal in Arma. Also, I probably won't be around tomorrow to help. Feel free to use my server tool to make things easier.
Again, if you're in dire need, I'll add a TronZero server. Otherwise I'd prefer to wait till next month. I'm upgrading to a dedicated, but not in time for Sunday. Let me know ASAP if you actually need one.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

I am surprised no one did this while I was at school today. I saw you add in the servers, have you actually done the randomization on irc yet?
Concord

Post by Concord »

19 teams, only 1 split-squad, nice!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BRACKETS COMPLETE
Concord wrote:19 teams, only 1 split-squad, nice!
Correction, 17 teams. Team Stairs failed to complete a full team and DS failed to add a Team Leader. Sorry guys, that's the breaks. We've been through this before and you're going to play Ladle, but you need to make a little effort now.

The server situation is not good. I've put added placeholder for the missing US server (TEMP US). TronZero guy, please add your server to the list and replace the indicator on the bracket. Note: If we still don't have a 4th server by Sunday, I can add another AoT server (but this is a bad idea and should only be used in emergency).

I must say I'm very disappointed with the community. We have over 200 servers in the browser. Nearly every clan has a server, some have many. We can't get 4 reliable US servers for Ladle? Should we forget about the US/EU balance and simply randomize whatever servers we can come up with, regardless of their location? Where is the effort?
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Let's make that a discussion after this ladle.
Concord

Post by Concord »

17 teams, only 1 split-squad, nice!
Core Dumper

Post by 0000 »

PokeMaster wrote:I'll ask animuson if his Las Vegas server is good enough quality for ladle matches, but I have a feeling that the distance between it and Europe may be a problem. Also, I get like 15 ping in it, so I hate it.

Also, as a sidenote, there should really be a tronny for sine for making the best use of the hyperlink tool.
His is up; I added mine too. Up to you guys which one to use; I left the TEMP US indicator for now.