herpididerpderp

Anything About Anything...
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Re: herpididerpderp

Post by Clutch »

Phytotron wrote:
I defy you to find a fight that surpasses this in utter combative glory.

Hey, French-speakers, how do you spell "ay-yuh" ("ow")?
For the love of all that is bloody and epic, please let whatever that is from sink into the unknown.
Boxed
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

buffy the vampire slayer you tool
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Word wrote:
Phytotron wrote:

Hey, French-speakers, how do you spell "ay-yuh" ("ow")?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La7xnWnsuug#t=3m27s
In "original" English: Watch Out, We're Mad ("...otherwise we'll get mad") gym fight scene. Put up yer dukes! Yep, that's a good one. Reminiscent of Popeye fights.

Funny how they overdub the speaking of English, even by those who speak it natively. And, how do you appreciate Donald Pleasence's character when translated to German?
Clutch wrote:
Phytotron wrote:
For the love of all that is bloody and epic, please let whatever that is from sink into the unknown.
Pff, you just don't get it.
Last edited by Phytotron on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Phytotron wrote:And, how do you appreciate Donald Pleasence's character when translated to German?
He sounds less theatrical in German IMO.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Yeah, well, what I meant was, in that movie he (or whomever did the apparent dub—I suppose it could be him, but there are moments where it doesn't quite sync; maybe he dubbed himself) does an exaggerated, mocking German accent, demeanor, all that. He's the stereotype of the evil German doctor, and, well, just some German stereotypes in general ("Technology! Efficiency! [some word I can't make out]! You can't rule society if you sound like a pussycat.") But when it's overdubbed in German, it's just...German, right?

Here's a scene with him from the English version. (The scene actually begins at the end of the previous "Part 2" video.) And here's another (which actually begins at the end of the previous "Part 3"). Nein! Nein! Nein!

Also, the Boss does a thick English street accent, and the Boss's henchmen all do fake hispanic accents. Are either of those are in the German dub?
Word

Post by Word »

Here's the German version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjlqhgKTP70#t=2m40s
I noticed that it's the same voice that dubbed Louis De Funes in the Fantomas films, there's nothing special except that he speaks extremely fast. If the gang members are the bikers in part 6 - no, there's nothing special about the way they talk. They all sound normal, just like their bosses. The only difference seems to be the speed or the depth.

The best example for German dubbing i can think of is Die Zwei
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs8K5sgf ... re=related
(the conversation about "Lord Knut Knüllenhauer")
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Word wrote:If the gang members are the bikers in part 6....
No, I mean the men with mustaches and suits and fedoras, who work for the Boss. The fellas at the end of Part 2 (both versions). Hard for me to discern if there's an accent on top of a foreign language. (I have no idea what a German doing a hispanic accent sounds like.)

I do see that your 'Boss' just sounds like a regular German guy, right? Totally different from the American-English version that portrays him as a buffoon Englishman.

So much lost in translation.
Word

Post by Word »

No accent there.
here's an example for an accent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6lcYnv6BGI