Ladle 50!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

apparition
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 50!

Post by apparition »

Well done SP+ and congratulations on getting the Ladle 50 Tronny. Let us know who did and didn't play for you!
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

1 teen
2 fofo
3 hoax
4 xyron
5 flex
6 insanity
sub : aiphaton
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

gms
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

vov wrote:
Cronix wrote:Atleast fort isnt boring anymore.
Yes, I liked how much less sweepboxes were used.
Are you the real Sheldon Cooper? OR cant you understand sarcasm?
Signature? wtf...
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

I am. No, I seriously saw less of them. I don't know about your matches though... if that was sarcasm... well, if I had said that, it wouldn't be sarcasm. This ladle's matches (or at least those which I played in) looked much less boring to me than last ladles.
AshitakA
Average Program

Post by AshitakA »

Yesterday, at the end of a beautiful day, we had one of the best ladles ever. And that not, because it was the #50, more because it was the best open-team I played in. Also the brackets were set in a way that it wasn’t boring at start.
We had two very close rounds, someone called it brutal ;). Me, myself gave the win away: at the end of the second round in form of a beautiful accident. Sry, for that open-team. But in the third round we lost our solid form, and maybe DS changed something too.
However, thy for those who helped us. We had good attackers and bbb made a great def. I hope most of you will stick with the open-team. Keep going on like this.
I didn’t watch the finals, but it must have been a good fight too, maybe similar to the one SP vs CT. Graz to the winners SP, really compact and solid thing you had going on there.
To be or not to be – that is the question:... (William Shakespeare)
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

AshitakA wrote:Yesterday, at the end of a beautiful day, we had one of the best ladles ever. And that not, because it was the #50, more because it was the best open-team I played in. Also the brackets were set in a way that it wasn’t boring at start.
We had two very close rounds, someone called it brutal ;). Me, myself gave the win away: at the end of the second round in form of a beautiful accident. Sry, for that open-team. But in the third round we lost our solid form, and maybe DS changed something too.
However, thy for those who helped us. We had good attackers and bbb made a great def. I hope most of you will stick with the open-team. Keep going on like this.
I didn’t watch the finals, but it must have been a good fight too, maybe similar to the one SP vs CT. Graz to the winners SP, really compact and solid thing you had going on there.
that's a beautiful post ashi!

gz sp :D
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Great matches & thanks to everyone who chipped in with any organising as usual (especially dlh, MB53 & Z-Man) & my team it was a pleasure <3
ppotter wrote:I strongly recommend everyone watches uNk vs DPG, great advertisement for ladle.
I don't watch many but that was great, suprisingly close matches :lol:

Edit: The tournament motd still has a typo though

Also that's the first time I've attacked these current tactics properly & it wasn't boring at all so I have no worries about that now
milan
Average Program

Post by milan »

AshitakA wrote:Yesterday, at the end of a beautiful day, we had one of the best ladles ever. And that not, because it was the #50, more because it was the best open-team I played in. Also the brackets were set in a way that it wasn’t boring at start.
This no doubt was one of the best open teams ever, we had very nice matches with you. Thx for making it interesting.
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

Hoax wrote: Also that's the first time I've attacked these current tactics properly & it wasn't boring at all so I have no worries about that now
+1 i had lot of fun atking ct s double def to be honest , with all these sweepers , that was great and intense surviving :)
i ll watch the recording of the ct match.
Nightmare
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Nightmare »

It was great playing with you all and congrats to sp and friends on winning
garisimo
Average Program

Post by garisimo »

Ashit. Well put. I couldn't have said it any better.
I am thankful to all those who participated in the open team and hope to see you again next ladle. Which we will make to the finals.

On a completely different note; I would like to make a suggestion and maybe someone can take this to the appropriate forum...why can't we start a losers bracket for ladles. So take all the teams that lose Round 1. Maybe we can have a playoff of Round 1 losers to enter one spot into the semis, or quarters...i donno...you geniuses can take this to another philisofical level and make something happen.

But at least more teams would get to play more matches and against other teams...
Should anyone like to open this up for discussion again, feel free to post it and get the intellectuals of arma involved.

Take care!
.pRu|Nani
Average Program

Post by .pRu|Nani »

garisimo wrote:Ashit. Well put. I couldn't have said it any better.
I am thankful to all those who participated in the open team and hope to see you again next ladle. Which we will make to the finals.

On a completely different note; I would like to make a suggestion and maybe someone can take this to the appropriate forum...why can't we start a losers bracket for ladles. So take all the teams that lose Round 1. Maybe we can have a playoff of Round 1 losers to enter one spot into the semis, or quarters...i donno...you geniuses can take this to another philisofical level and make something happen.

But at least more teams would get to play more matches and against other teams...
Should anyone like to open this up for discussion again, feel free to post it and get the intellectuals of arma involved.

Take care!
Enter a into the TPL. With a lack of seeding, you'd have a better chance of getting further!
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

garisimo wrote:Ashit. Well put. I couldn't have said it any better.

Take care!
There's nothing stopping teams which lose the first round playing more matches against each other (although nobody seems to want to), but as far as letting losing teams get another chance: I just don't think that fits in with how the ladle works.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Well, for those clans/teams that are available on Saturdays at the time the ladle is available, they can sign up for the FCL. That is part of the point.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm