Random videos thread

Anything About Anything...
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Random videos thread

Post by Phytotron »

We sure he's German? Seems to me like it may be a phony accent. Very interestink, but stupit.

Someone likes David Lynch.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Phytotron wrote:
Someone likes David Lynch.
Don't think I've heard of him by that specific name, but sure, videos like that are usually quite fun (and sometimes funny, especially other people's reactions) to watch.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
flea
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by flea »

best dubstep vid ever?

there are lots of good ones.. but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO-jKksQkM
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

syllabear wrote:Don't think I've heard of [David Lynch] by that specific name....
Huh? You've heard of him by some other, less-specific name?
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Ah what I meant was I had heard of some of his works, and the genre he is involved in, but I didn't know him specifically by name, nor connected all of the works together.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

I'm still confused. :?
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Are you saying that you've heard his music, and you recognize songs, but you've never known they were by David Lynch?
Boxed
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

I thought you meant the director David Lynch, who does surrealist films? I've seen works in his style ("Lynchian" from wikipedia) and heard of and I think even seen parts of the Elephant man and possibly one or two other pieces of his.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Sorry. I just assumed you were talking about a musician for some reason :/

/me is a noob
Boxed
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

syllabear wrote:I thought you meant the director David Lynch, who does surrealist films? I've seen works in his style ("Lynchian" from wikipedia)....
Yes, him. Just not following the way you phrased things. For example, I don't think many people would consider his stuff funny, except some seriously sick-minded people. Well, there are occasional moments of funny quirkiness, or quirky funniness, found especially in the series Twin Peaks, but overall I think "disturbing" would better describe his stuff. Coincidentally, it just so happens that I watched both Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet last week, while housesitting for someone with the special cable with all the movie channels.

By the way, to be clear, the "someone" I was originally referring to are the people who made that video.

Oh yeah: Sesame Street - Monsterpiece Theater "Twin Beaks."
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Well everyones different, and I doubt I'm the only person to find something funny that other people don't. And no, it's not everything disgusting/cruel/gore-like that I find disgusting, just a few little elements give me a chuckle. Anyway, people's reactions are the main source of my humour from that type of thing.

Nice little random video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M
ps I'm not tokoyami
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

No, I get that. I wasn't referring specifically to the video you posted. I was explaining a part of my confusion to your response to my referencing David Lynch, which lumped his stuff in with your video. I think if you had seen the couple films I mentioned, for instance, you wouldn't have replied with "videos like that are usually quite fun (and sometimes funny, especially other people's reactions) to watch." Very few people, except perhaps the emotionally disturbed, would mistake either of those films as humorous. And, actually, I doubt that the 'thisisitcollective' meant for those videos to be humorous, either, even though the predictable dumbass youtube comments would have one believe it's just something totally random to amuse stoners.

My comparison to Lynch (which was actually meant to be half wise crack) was to imply that the makers of Don't hug me, I'm scared! may have been trying to emulate his style (not that it's necessarily or entirely unique to him). A common "motif" in Lynch's stuff is to use very mundane, innocent, pleasant themes and whatnot—for example, the films I mentioned, as well as the series Twin Peaks, are set in contemporary times, but he uses a lot of stylings from the 50's and early 60's, such as decor, cars, and fashion—but then hit them with disturbing, "dark underbelly" themes.
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Post by MrsKsr »

"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one;
I hope some day you will join us, and the world can live as one"

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

I believe that to truly love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho