Ladle 49

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Aiphaton
Average Program

Re: Ladle 49

Post by Aiphaton »

hey guys, i checked the brakets today and noticed that we (Speedhax) have to play at INW's server
[b]all the time[/b] ? sry but wtf? are you serious? most of us are EU payers - 6 lol :D
- Don’t regret anything you do because in the end, it makes you who you are -
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

Aiphaton wrote:hey guys, i checked the brakets today and noticed that we (Speedhax) have to play at INW's server
all the time ? sry but wtf? are you serious? most of us are EU payers - 6 lol :D

you have to play one match ^^
Signature? wtf...
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Aiphaton wrote:hey guys, i checked the brakets today and noticed that we (Speedhax) have to play at INW's server
all the time ? sry but wtf? are you serious? most of us are EU payers - 6 lol :D
It is only a US server. I wonder how many times Americans have had to deal with EU servers :P
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Well, first you have to win to play in that server more than once. And after your first win you have to option to switch to an EU server -- just ask the opposing team. And it's generally considered an advantage if you don't switch servers, regardless of location. What you don't want extra rubber?
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Well you will play in 1 server all the time if you lose in the first round :P
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Cronix wrote:you have to play one match ^^
At least 2 ;)
INW wrote:It is only a US server. I wonder how many times Americans have had to deal with EU servers
+1
In general I find that Americans complain less just due to the fact we are used to European fort servers that everyone plays in, a la MB's, pickup, etc etc. Even late at night 10 Americans find themselves in a European fort server with Hoax :lol:
sinewav wrote:Well, first you have to win to play in that server more than once.
ppotter wrote:Well you will play in 1 server all the time if you lose in the first round
I read it as just in general over the course of several ladles, I could be wrong though.
INW

Post by INW »

-*inS*- wrote: In general I find that Americans complain less just due to the fact we are used to European fort servers that everyone plays in, a la MB's, pickup, etc etc. Even late at night 10 Americans find themselves in a European fort server with Hoax :lol:
haha so true.

I've noticed that lately.
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

GoodLuck to everyone today
oak
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by oak »

vcl has been practicing in the ladle 49 pru server and noticed that it is probably the worst server posible to play in. weird also the fact that two american teams have to put up with it. this was only with 5 players in there too so having two full teams of 6 plus subs will probably crash the server xD
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

There is an available ID DE server you could try. Also EU but the servers aren't placed so everyone gets what they want.
INW

Post by INW »

Note. My server doesn't seem to be working too good.

Might need to find a replacement.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Well this sucks, haha. Ok here's what I think about the server situation. We're lucky to have any servers to play in and even the ones we used to rely on are having bad days recently. This might be something we just have to deal with for a while. I also think that maybe it's OK for teams to jump into any server they determine as "stable" even if it's not on the list. As long as the two teams agree the competition is fair, that's all that matters, right?

I wonder if we will have a lot of server complaints this evening. If so, then we'll have to thoroughly discuss our options for next month. We might need a new system. I mean, if we can only get 3 or 4 reliable servers every month, we might have to break up the Ladle somehow. That's an unfortunate reality.
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

K, so uNa didn't win Ladle 49... :lol: should I ever shower again? Do my showers lie to me?

Gz and Gm!!!
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Thanks for letting us win, but we really didn't need that! We're just better than everyone else.
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

Embarrassing ladle for DV :) First match server held up very nicely against DP. Second match was a little slidey but still i have to give it to SP that ALWAYS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A ENEMY DOWN >.< GL to all and GZ to winners.

@SP: I honestly did not know the rules about switching servers but we (me and acid) decided to play first match and if it was too laggy ask to play in the other server. I guess we thought that would be fair for all. I doubt we would have won in AOT server against you but it def would have been a better fight!

Anways GZ and you all played terrific... well except titan.