Ladle 48

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Pr3
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 48

Post by Pr3 »

PokeMaster wrote:grr I was totally hoping this ladle would suck since I missed it. Apparently though, R got to finals, slash pwned, and there were great comebacks....WHY???????

Any recordings?
Recordings in the Predictions topic for some reason 8)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Pr3 wrote:
PokeMaster wrote:grr I was totally hoping this ladle would suck since I missed it. Apparently though, R got to finals, slash pwned, and there were great comebacks....WHY???????

Any recordings?
It was late! And the posts all look alike!
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Z-Man wrote:
Pr3 wrote:

Any recordings?
It was late! And the posts all look alike!
/me puts on a wig and some make up.

hey there ;) what you doing cutie.
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

PokeMaster wrote:Apparently though, R got to finals, slash pwned
wd slash.

:D
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

Grats Team.uNk, well done. :)

Also well done to the other uNk team, sorry I rq'd so fast and didn't say anything. Was a bit mad. :stubble:
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Pr3 wrote:Also, if you get the chance watch uNk.team vs Tx for the best comeback in ladle history. Tronny Award 2011 :D? 8)
Wow. I just watched this and, yeah, that was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Code: Select all

Round  TX  uNK
  5    86  36
  6    88  56
  7    90  74
  8    92  92
  9    94  106
:( What a bad turn of events for TX. I think this also underscores how much luck is actually involved in Fortress. Speaking of luck...
Hoax wrote:z-man were you feeding z-baby bandwidth that first match, what happened?
That lag was pretty terrible and even made the recording hard to watch. TX totally got the worst of it from what I saw. But that second match was great.
Hoax wrote:I definitely see what zap was talking about last ladle and/or cafe tourney now, attacking is completely redundant...First time I holed in my own zone in a ladle for constructive purposes anyway.
I see what you mean about redundancy in attacking: break down the def, make a space, hole, repeat. A good "cut" is really exciting, and so are center attacks and any other technique that has become increasingly rare to see. But here is the thing; I always believed those types of attacks benefited certain players over others -- those with better connections/ping and more reliable rubber, not necessarily skill. I'm not too sad to see them go. There is still plenty of excitement to be had in Fortress, in my opinion. And the redundancy is only at the higher levels of play. You can still pull off some amazing attacks on weaker defenders/teams.

So, maybe you were the first to hole your own defense in Ladle? That seems weird but it totally worked out; you won the round (and I think the match too). It was good thinking on your part and good teamwork by your mates for making the most of your sacrifice.
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

sinewav wrote:

Round  TX  uNk
  5    86  36
  6    88  56
  7    90  74
  8    92  92
  9    94  106
:( What a bad turn of events for TX. I think this also underscores how much luck is actually involved in Fortress. Speaking of luck...
I don't think you need to give us that much credit. We definitely thought we were in the clear and uNk took full advantage of that. Thanks for pulling those scores out; interesting to see how it played out.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Pr3 wrote:Also, if you get the chance watch uNk.team vs Tx for the best comeback in ladle history. Tronny Award 2011 :D? 8)
sinewav wrote:

Round  TX  uNK
  5    86  36
  6    88  56
  7    90  74
  8    92  92
  9    94  106
Tronny Awards might have to go twice a year, because who is going to remember all the awesomeness of single matches months and months later in December? :) uNk also came back to beat CT from behind in the third match. Crazy how powerful they seem to be these days :P
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Semi Annual Awards, seems more fair, because last year most of the votes and actual awards were based on the last few months of the year, not the entire thing.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

apparition wrote:Tronny Awards might have to go twice a year, because who is going to remember all the awesomeness of single matches months and months later in December? :) uNk also came back to beat CT from behind in the third match. Crazy how powerful they seem to be these days :P
They won't unless I provide a video :lol:
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 50#p251850
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BTW, I don't know if anyone was paying attention, but those guys in "Pure Luck" are pretty awesome. I had very hard time with them and had to ramp up the speed of my defense quite a bit. They kept me on my toes. Watch out for them. I think they will be hot once they develop a play-book. Right now they are just doing the basic stuff, but really well I might add.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

FYI.

New VPS's from New York, New York. Just tested a 5v5 and they are amazing.

For Americans, the lag_o_meters are hardly visible!

Server holds up great.

Of course you never know what happens on ladle day. :/
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

What are the spec's on that VPS?

Link.
milan
Average Program

Post by milan »

sinewav wrote:BTW, I don't know if anyone was paying attention, but those guys in "Pure Luck" are pretty awesome. I had very hard time with them and had to ramp up the speed of my defense quite a bit. They kept me on my toes. Watch out for them. I think they will be hot once they develop a play-book. Right now they are just doing the basic stuff, but really well I might add.
No surprise there, they are very good sumo players + akizo who is very good fort player (obviously cos he came out of DS school of fort :D )
INW

Post by INW »

DDMJ wrote:What are the spec's on that VPS?

Link.
4.00 Ghz CPU
1 TB Bandwidth
2 GB RAM
100 Mbps (wish it was 1 Gbps)

That's enough information :P