Ladle 48 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Slickster
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 48 Predictions

Post by Slickster »

Wait I love the colors, but why stop at Elite 8?
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Slickster wrote:Wait I love the colors, but why stop at Elite 8?
fixed
I hit the post button early instead of preview :(
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Cody wrote:
Slickster wrote:Wait I love the colors, but why stop at Elite 8?
fixed
I hit the post button early instead of preview :(
othx wd gm.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Cody wrote:I don't understand why sine & chah are not on liz & eckz team but oh well!
Liz wins.
I don't know about this "chah" character, but I'm not an official member of \\mYm. I'm more like a sexy tron mercenary. I'm way too under-committed and have a way too horrible a connection to make a serious contribution to \\mYm... for now. ;)
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

First time I've done predictions :d

Opening Round

Crazy Tronners: 2
Open Team: 0

No comment.

Sweet Sixteen

Team.uNk: x
CT: x

Going to chicken out and remove my bias :P

DS: 1
Pru: 2

This is 50/50 really, but Pru tends to have more of a gameplan, and if the Hungarian duo turn up it'll be too much for DS.

uNk.Team: 2
Dv: 1

I think Dv will take uNk by surprise in the first match and squeeze out a win. uNk will get into gear and take the next two comfortably.

NG: 0
TX: 2

Without Titan NG will have neither the organisation nor skill to trouble TX. even if he were there the outcome would be no different.

\\mYm: 2
mYm//: 0

// Play far more often, together or not, I think it'll be fairly one-sided.

PL: 2
uNa: 0

Not sure why anyone would think otherwise, skill-wise PL(sa) are up there with any team/clan, they just lack organisation and ruthlessness vs the top teams.

ID: 2
DpG: 0

While DpG have some decent players, ID have more of them. They're also vastly more experienced.

R: 1
SP: 2

This will be fairly close, with Lacka, over & co taking the 2nd after narrowly losing the first. However SP have a more even spread of quality and will take the 3rd.

Elite Eight

CT: 2
Pru: 0

Pru struggled to overcome DS and but CT are a totally different prospect.

TX: 1

Possibly some bias creeping in, but everytime I look at that uNk team it seems more and more stacked.

PL: 1

Two very similar teams in terms of ability, the aforementioned lack of ruthlessness will be PL's downfall, whereas mYm is quite the opposite.

ID: 0
SP: 2

If this match was hosted in the US I would've been tempted to give ID a match, however the fact it's hosted in the EU means they have no chance.

Final Four

CT: 1
uNk.team: 2

This will be the match of the tournament, I don't think any match will have more than 15 points difference by the end. Slashy has been a man on a mission lately and with FoFo working so closely with him much of the time they've become near enough unstoppable.

SP: 1

The upper semi will be a cracking match, and this one will be no different, with Speedhax vying for their 2nd consecutive final and the chance to banish their defeat to uNk to the past. \\mYm will however have the raw skill to carry them through to the final, they just don't die.

Championship

\\mYm: 1

Pr3, MaZuffeR, Slash, FoFo, Dreadlord, DrHouse, noob13, jip. Many of these would walk straight into any team, and while you could say the same about \\mYm, I think Unk has the slight edge, both on ability and organisation. uNk (sort of) win their 2nd consecutive ladle \o/ with slashy MVP
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

dreadlord wrote:
Nelhybel wrote:[...] I don't think they'll have too much trouble against what seems to be the uNk B team.
Ouch, that hurt.
Remember I say everything based on my very limited knowledge of everything :stubble:

These predictions are all so much fun to read! Looks like Boxed was right, I definitely assessed the A team / B team thing wrong, especially in the case of uNk - thank you for pointing it out, and good to know for the future!
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

noob_saibot wrote:CT has been going down the shitter for quite awhile. Where is Woned?? :roll:
This. In fact, I haven't seen uNk play in a long time. I wasn't there when uNk won the Ladle. Organizing a fortress team doesn't magically happen and you guys have done some great things. I'm not arguing, and I'm sorry I offended you dudes.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

How many times has Cody predicted beating me (or my team) in tournaments?

How many times has that actually happened?

/thread
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

DDMJ wrote:How many times has Cody predicted beating me (or my team) in tournaments?

/thread
Hm, I feel as if I shouldn't feed into your cockiness and ignorance but Cody isn't the only member of this R team. kthxbai
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

That's neither cockiness nor ignorance. I never said what's going to happen this Ladle (because anything can), I was just pointing out a historical fact.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

DDMJ wrote:That's neither cockiness nor ignorance. I never said what's going to happen this Ladle (because anything can), I was just pointing out a historical fact.
I'll beat you! if its the last thing i do this ladle!
DDMJ wrote:How many times has Cody predicted beating me (or my team) in tournaments?

/thread
ONCE;

Oh durka heres a suprise for you :> your team sux!

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4969/lololwc.png

i <3 u
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

Cody wrote:
DDMJ wrote:That's neither cockiness nor ignorance. I never said what's going to happen this Ladle (because anything can), I was just pointing out a historical fact.
I'll beat you! if its the last thing i do this ladle!

/thread
ONCE;

Oh durka heres a suprise for you :> your team sux!

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4969/lololwc.png

i <3 u
If its not Ladle... its not worthy.
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

I think people are taking predictions a bit too seriously. It's like getting angry over fantasy football.
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Why do we do this every ladle haha.. we're justifying why each team (or in most cases, that particular person's team) are active enough, strong enough and more likely to win this ladle than the next. Of course it's a complete waste of time, as no one knows what'll happen, and is usually just a method of self-promotion and subtle narcissism. And when your predictions get shat on by others, it gets personal.. and suddenly unk have too many new players in their team for them to gel, CT have some great players inactive and can't possibly win, SP got lucky last ladle and lightning doesn't strike twice.. etc. etc.

Why are we discussing this? It's absurd and ugly!
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Noones offended appa, sai just had to settle for doritoes last night :(