Ladle 48 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

wildcat
Average Program

Re: Ladle 48 Predictions

Post by wildcat »

dreadlord wrote:
Nelhybel wrote:[...] I don't think they'll have too much trouble against what seems to be the uNk B team.
Ouch, that hurt.

Pr3, MaZuffeR Slash, Fofo, Dreadlord, DrHouse, noob13, jip)

B team eh? I don't think this team would be considered B team for CT, SP, or any clan for that matter. Just my opinion tho. :D
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

bmg wrote:\\MeetYourMaker: 0
Magical Speedhax: 2

MeetYourMaker might keep it interesting for a bit, but the ladle 47 runner-ups end up winning and going to their second-straight final. Even though they don't advance to the finals, mYm gets their 3rd seed in a row. Everyone better be careful because mYm is slowly emerging as one of the better fort clans!
I want to point out that mYm actually lost 2-1 to uNk last ladle whereas SP lost 2-0 in the finals, so them being runner-ups doesn't really say anything. That doesn't mean we'll beat them this time though! Anything can happen.

Interesting bracket & nice predictions, gl on sunday everyone.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Opening Round
CT beats Open Team: CT is on a mission from God. Open Team is just happy to be here. We dedicate this win to Xyron.

Sweet 16
CT beats team.unk.team: team.unk.team will be a difficult team to beat, but CT has an advantage over them.
PRU beats DS: I don't know man, I just don't want Word to get all mad and stuff. Fun fact: CT has been promised pizza and ice cream whether or not they win!
team.unk.team beats Dv: Dv is 25% less skilled than team.unk.team (citation needed).
TX beats Next Gen: TX has a hard road to the finals and they will come hard, fast, and like a razorbeam. Next Gen will smile and nod and go down quick.
mym beats mym: mym has better players.
Pure Luck beats uNa: uNa if you guys had a regular Ladle team and practiced, you would beat Pure Luck, but I think Pure Luck has a slight edge over you if Pure Luck has their team together and organized.
ID beats DpG: I haven't heard of anyone on DpG yet, but I hope they come to play hard. I think DpG could beat ID though, even though ID has a lot of players signed up and more experience. ID is just funny like that.
Magical Speeders beat _~R~_: SP flexes their muscles and R faints. There's just something off about R this Ladle. Their roster looks weird. Who knows what Speeders will bring to the table, but I think since Titan left, R is a bit shorthanded for SP.

Elite 8
CT beats PRU: By this time in the competition CT has momentum. PRU has a lot of heart, but despite what Word says, they won't compete at this level yet. I don't really know why either, to be perfectly honest. They do have good players.
TX beats team.unk.team: Assuming their winning lineup shows up, TX will be angry, mean, and evil (even though they crack jokes and LOL! a lot). team.unk.team's good nature and politeness will be their downfall as TX will stay one step ahead of them. Adaptation and strong leadership is lacking with team.unk.team.
mym beats Pure Luck: mym has more skill and experience. Pure Luck will put up a fight, but mym has organized fierceness that drives them.
Magical Speeders beats ID: ID's large roster can't compete against Magical SP's silly and well-thought out names. SP will have fun beating ID.

Final 4
CT beats TX: Jedi > Sith. I always consider TX to only be stable and confident against easy competition, and that they become volatile when put against a good team. You know what, that might not even be true now that I think about it, they get really organized against good teams. Anyway, the moment TX gets behind their demeanor changes and they start to smile and LOL! less and push really hard ftw. They can often do that, however, I'm not even sure they want to win this Ladle that badly. They proved themselves over the last few Ladles and are kinda tired.
Magical Speeders beats mym: My first question is where the hell is FoFo? They can't be 100% without him. Not exactly sure who will play for SP, I'm just assuming they have their stars playing. mym can make it to the championship, I don't doubt that. But there's a big chance that either in this match or some other one, they will get slightly behind in points and get frustrated and fall apart piece by piece. It's a different kind of loss than TX experiences. I think the harder mym pushes, the less stable they become. That being said, if they don't fall behind, and/or they can keep their cool, they can win. I predict, however, that SP can keep their cool better than mym.

Championship
CT beats Magical Speeders: In case you didn't know, we've rigged these finals. SP secretly sent us a message that said, "You win this won, we'll win the next one. K? Coo."

To be honest, this will be a long day for CT when we get this far. An important part about this Ladle for us is that we have plenty of backup and plenty of people willing to help from the sidelines. That will be a huge asset for us and I think will provide an advantage over other teams.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

apparition wrote:Adaptation and strong leadership is lacking with team.unk.team.
I disagree, I think a team that has stayed together for years, kept active (most active), won the last ladle (uNkers only), and generally has a commanding respect in the community isn't lacking a strong leader. I think other teams have too much emphases on having 1 person to depend upon, and thinking that to lack that "one leader" is what makes uNk weaker; I think that's a grave misjudgement. Well as Theroze would say, That's your opinion man :). Other than that, nice read appa :D.
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

apparition wrote:Magical Speeders beats mym: My first question is where the hell is FoFo? They can't be 100% without him.
As speeders dont have enough players to make 2 teams and speedhax doesnt need me im playing with unk , are you blind ? :P
And speedhax can make it without me, im not a one man team , they lost in final last ladle!
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Pr3 wrote:
apparition wrote:Adaptation and strong leadership is lacking with team.unk.team.
I disagree, I think a team that has stayed together for years, kept active (most active), won the last ladle (uNkers only), and generally has a commanding respect in the community isn't lacking a strong leader. I think other teams have too much emphases on having 1 person to depend upon, and thinking that to lack that "one leader" is what makes uNk weaker; I think that's a grave misjudgement. Well as Theroze would say, That's your opinion man :). Other than that, nice read appa :D.
Not meant to be an insult. First of all, I don't know what I was talking about. Second, I really don't know how uNk is organized (ie. team.unk.team). Third, what I didn't do a good job of explaining is my view that in order to adapt quickly you need someone barking orders and pushing everyone to adjust accordingly. Taking what I know from CTa/b (one overall team, different squads with different leaders), there is a diffusion of responsibility, which isn't the same as TX - one very strong, very centered team.

I saw FoFo is on uNk, but it's not expected, nor does it make much sense that SP would let their best player play for an opponent :)
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

it makes sense when you work on having 2 equal teams who both have chance to win , speedhax made it to the final last ladle , they can do it again , they worked hard together to improve as a team and now they are pretty solid so it would be unfair if i d take anyone spot , thats my decision , and im pretty happy with that :)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

apparition wrote:...in order to adapt quickly you need someone barking orders and pushing everyone to adjust accordingly.
I think Team Unknown has proved this to be completely unnecessary. I would refer you to the L-47 recordings, but sadly there don't seem to be any. However, I was doing the commentary for the finals and mentioned uNk's adaptability. They were able to completely change offensive and defensive tactics several times, usually within two rounds. Adaptation is actually the thing Team Unknown does best and it's the reason they won (handily I might add). And they do it as if by shared consciousness, haha. Really, it's because a) these guys play together constantly, b) they know all the tricks, and c) Fortress strategy/tactics have become so obvious to them there is no need for someone to dictate -- they just know.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

I retract all statements and predictions and declare all arguments to be won by sine fofo and pr3. uNk rules all!
noob_saibot
Round Winner

Post by noob_saibot »

CT has been going down the shitter for quite awhile. Where is Woned?? :roll:
WINNER OF: Ladle 47 .... preSsure's mom & Durka's mom

"If you're not part of the freaks, you're part of the boredom." -Perry Farrell
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

SP is putting forward one team with it's best players this ladle. That's why fofo isn't playing.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

but..but.. you told me it's because we're too good??
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

_~Rogue Tronners~_ vs Sillypuddy

GL sillypudding, we win.
2-0

Crazy Tronners vs Open Team
Sorry ashi Crazy tronners are going to smash Open team! they are skilled and organized! Open team is not. lol
2-0

Sweet Sixteen

Crazy Tronners vs Team.uNk
While Team.uNk is a strong team. CT will be coming from a fresh win and all ready to go, while uNk will just been sitting in the server waiting and making scribbles across the grid. I predict good match but CT will pull it through.
2-0

DarkSyndicate vs PRU
After looking at the line up for both teams, this looks like a pretty fair match. I think PRU has this in the bag if their lineup shows. GL to both!
0-2

uNk.Team vs Deja Vu
No offense DV but uNk.Team is stackedddd, you're going to need the miracle of god to help you beat them, but god hates you. gl
2-0

Next Generation vs Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats
NG sorry to say but TX has this, I was looking at your lineup and I barely recognize any of you guys, I doubt you guys play fort ALOT, TX IS going to rape you.
0-2

\\MeetYourMaker vs MeetYourMaker//
GL both teams. I don't understand why sine & chah are not on liz & eckz team but oh well!
Liz wins.
2-0

Pure Luck vs uNa
uNa I heard you guys had a fort war with ID and ID only had like 4 ppl playing and you had full 6 and they still won. Pure Luck wins.
2-0

Immortal Dynasty vs DpG
PFF most boring match ever, DpG will just cry about ID holing them and how its unfair blah blah ID wins
2-0

_~Rogue Tronners~_ vs Magical Speedhax
Oh lovely match up here. I'm very glad to be apart of this match, anyways magical speedhax gl holing gl doing whateva we win only cause we're soo cool like that.
2-1

Crazy Tronners vs PRU
GL PRU, you'll need it, CT is on their usually run for the finals.
2-0

uNk.Team vs Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats
cool match up here. I think uNk.Team has a chance to win this! but TX might pull some tricky stuff out of their bag, its really depends on who shows up, but i gotta give TX the match here.
1-2

\\MeetYourMaker vs Pure Luck
mYm has this. Pure Luck is going to need luck if they even stand a chance. thanks for entering guys! better luck next ladle!
2-0

Immortal Dynasty vs _~Rogue Tronners~_
now playing with ID, i know they have trouble with euro servers, so R is going to take advantage of that and kill them. GL you need it! we win!
0-2

Crazy Tronners vs Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats
This should be an awesome match to watch! I will be playing at the time, but someone record it for me. This will be played in the American Server so TX now has a slight advantage. CT will probably use the world "lag" or "slideee" a few times, that won't help them since TX will put put this win for sure.
0-2

\\MeetYourMaker vs _~Rogue Tronners~_
Ohh it's going down! I'll be sure to lol my way through this match. It will be fun playing against liz and eckz. GL to both of us. I'm sure it will be a hell of a match.
1-2

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats vs _~Rogue Tronners~_
I finally made it to a final woot, Anyways. This will be a good match but i do think we'll take an early lead in points. After a bit, we'll win a match, they'll probably win the next match and we'll win the final match, everything in between will be the most epic battle ever. I win my first ladle. Kthxbye.
Winner: _~Rogue Tronners~_ (2-1)
Last edited by Cody on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

ok, some things I find important enough to consider before I'd write predictions (don't have time for that though):

@Nelhybel:
- Hamar, Sixzero, Ai, Garial, Tronpaul, VonDutch, Fire, Longball, Eggman and I are alive and active. ;)
@Rest:
- we've won against unk in the last war we had (2 hours before Ladle 46 iirc), with the very same line up. Then we lost to sa because a couple of us had to leave. However, we still have the potential to do it again :)
- Does anyone remember DS losing to DV? And what about akizo and 3b, cruz and zion? they all left or are inactive now...I'll be surprised about any player that shows up besides animal, Spook and Milan.
- From what I can tell the dpgs are very polite and never complained about holing (not that there was any need to hole them lol) - they know what good sportsmanship means
- Pure Luck is a strong team, just like sa. Maybe not good enough to win the tourney but they were able to kick our asses.
- R doesn't have Titan, dlh, Concord, Luffy or olive.
- CT lost Xyron and dreadlord

where's the logic -.-
Last edited by Word on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.