They're doing it wrong. [Split from wdyefym?]

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

They're doing it wrong. [Split from wdyefym?]

Post by INW »

Phytotron wrote: Like sinewav said, those who try to get around it with various evasion methods should get a "time out." Consider it a violation like any other. Legitimate short posts are obvious and can be allowed.
It as in forum rules?

You violate Rule #5 all the time.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: What do you expect from your moderators?

Post by Phytotron »

Oh look, INW is back at it. What, did you (and apparently Liz) have trouble coping with my absence? "Shit, who do I troll now?!"

Now, go make a bunch more "LOL!" and "+1" posts just to shove it in everyone's face.
INW

Post by INW »

Phytotron wrote:Now, go make a bunch more "LOL!" and "+1" posts just to shove it in everyone's face.
I don't do that...
Phytotron wrote: Oh look, INW is back at it. You and Liz apparently had trouble dealing with my absence. "Shit, who do I troll now?!"
Your absence was pretty silent and free of trouble, I must say. Where is liz?
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Liz is around and probably read that last message. I have noticed of late, that liz really doesn't seem to post anymore, unless she has a real reason to.

@INW I think that many times people take phytotron's posts as personal attacks and insults when they are really not intended as such. Often, Phyto does take a bit of an abrasive attitude in posts when he is addressing issues that he feels need to be addressed. I really think that many times people become a bit overly sensitive about what is said, and that leads to the silly personal attacks. I am not saying that Phyto has never violated Rule#5. I am saying that the perceived amount of his violations is rather much higher than the reality. Many times in this life when we become defensive, partly as a result of past abuses, etc. it is a mistake, really. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to merely stand firm, say nothing, or only say the absolute minimum that needs to be said only after it has become absolutely necessary. Many of the stupid fights on these forums have really gone on only because nobody was willing to just stop posting about something that really was just a silly, pointless, and unneeded fight and/or personal attack. Your viewpoint is certainly a needed counterbalance at times to phyto's, and personally, I respect it for what it is and your contributions toward the increased enjoyment for all of Armagetron. I really think if we just focus on the fact that this is a videogame, and meant to be fun, we all might just be a little happier :D
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

I think that many times people take phytotron's posts as personal attacks and insults when they are really not intended as such.
Phytotron wrote:[Incidentally, for the record, I don't give a shit what Liz/vogue says, and am not directly defending her statements, or at least the phrasing thereof; only responding to yours. I doubt even the sincerity of much of hers. It seems to me that most of her "views" are largely formulated from an "oh yeah, well **** you" level of contemplation. More snotty, sass-imbued faux-rebellion resulting from apparent ASPD. "In what way can I interject that will piss off the greatest number of people, thus giving me pleasure?"]
source: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... &start=105

Posted in a topic where I didn't even talk to him, this is a personal attack and an insult. Z-Man won't comment on this as he likes Phyto and has an issue with me, fair enough, but let's stop pretending Phyto never personally attacks anyone. He simply doesn't get called out on it as much.

I'd like Phyto to stop accusing me of having a personality disorder, it's a bit overkill and I'm ignoring you lately so please do the same? Thank you!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Z-Man doesn't like me. Really.

And that was not entirely a personal attack. It was, in part, a legitimate clarification to ensure chrisd didn't conflate my comments with yours (and their tone), or as a defense of yours (and their tone), but only as my own in response to his.

And let's not pretend you're a fragile, innocent lamb, either.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

I think accusing someone of being a sociopath or something in that direction on more than one occasion is a personal attack, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

While I'm not a fan of armchair psychological diagnostics, your apparently immutable behaviour—which has been consistent at least since I became active in the forum again, and evidently prior—conforms with that of at least ASPD, if not some sort of borderline sociopathy. Really and truly. Even when people (including myself) have given you a break, or tried to speak with you on a human level, once you've gotten what you wanted out of it, you proceed to find some way, even manufacturing one, to shit all over them.

If you want to claim it's all an act and some phony "internet personality" as you have before, then you still nonetheless assume responsibility for the behaviour of this "character," whether it's "actually you" or not.

So, it's not merely some random, unmotivated, shallow insult. It's an assumptive description based on your own behaviour. There's a difference, like it or not.

(Incidentally, posting to threads that are a week old in order to take a shot at me hardly qualify as ignoring.)
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Who asked your for your opinion on my personality, though? It had nothing to do with the discussion, and by doing this I assume you won't care if I start giving my opinion on yours in random topics.

I haven't gotten my psychologist degree from Dr. Phil yet though, so you'll have to wait for my diagnosis.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

vogue wrote:Who asked your for your opinion on my personality, though? It had nothing to do with the discussion....
Actually, as I noted in the original comment, I contend it very well might have, in being the motivation for your post. So it was relevant in that respect.
vogue wrote:...I assume you won't care if I start giving my opinion on yours in random topics.
Aaannnd in what way is that anything new, concerning me or anyone else?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I don't exactly like either of you very much and think your mutual assessments are pretty much spot on for the obnoxious part of your respective personalities. Both of you have a sunny side too, though.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

So, he said something negative about me. By certain people's (hypocritical) standards, that's a personal attack/insult. He should be banned! Right?
galaxy invader
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by galaxy invader »

What do you expect from your moderators?
Free coffee and icecream
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Notice how I never claimed to be a perfect little angel.. my point was simply that compguygene is wrong and that Phyto or whatever he wants to be called these days is most of the time, quite rude, offensive and most of all very nitpicky.

Anyway, last post from me concerning this!

Mwuah xoxo
INW

Post by INW »

And you shouldn't call her liz. Her name is vogue.

I can't call you loufen. Your name is Phytotron.