Total Fortress

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Mecca
Match Winner

Re: Total Fortress

Post by Mecca »

A referee!? Why not just play dogfight?
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

This is pathetic.

Adding all these rules so the game is played how YOU want it.

Should I make a Fortress Tourney where I can DQ you for having a boring defense.

Cry More.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

find a way to hole it?

once again, turning off holes is short-sighted because the team that wants to win will shrink you and rounds will last longer and even be more boring. if you want to beat a sweepbox def, find a way to kill the enemies center. there are plenty.
Aiphaton
Average Program

Post by Aiphaton »

i know it's impossible at the moment but we (SP) talked about this allready and Freetosk8brd
had a nice idea: Shrinking holes.

Z-Man what do you think about this?
- Don’t regret anything you do because in the end, it makes you who you are -
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

Refering to this post it is pretty hard to implement that.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Shrinking small holes may work, but what's to be gained here? Purposeful holing will be as possible as ever.
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

too much rules there , this cant really works.

Im an attacker too , i like to cut defense , but i adapted my self to the new generation of that game , and it worked , i never complained on other teams tactics , we always tried to deal with it and improved our team work , we worked hard on tactics for the last ladle and we made it , i think every teams are able to do the same .
When i was attacker only , in x , durka def was like step def and was hard to beat , but i loved it , i loved trying to beat this , then TR bornt and sagelord started to step defense for them , we never complained , and to be honest i loved playing against that def since it was a new challenge , you can cut step defense dont complain about that , you can deal with sweepbox if you are patient and smart enough to think about something new.

Anyways if you want to make a new tourney or a new fort competition , dont change anything , just make the hole tactic forbidden , in this case , you have same settings and old game style back , sweepbox is a defensive tactic against holes , no hole tactic , no sweepbox , that means "normal" attack and "normal" sweeping .
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

First of all, Im not crying because we lost vs Sp and idk how to beat their defense, cause I know and we even won second match, they didn't pwned us, and we weren't angry after lose, SP can say that we all stayed and gave them gl for final and congratulated them for beating us, also we were proud of how we played in last ladle.
As I said idc about what tactic do they use, I just wanted to say this idea which would make us play the old fortress, funnier imo.
@Rudy: I already found the way to beat that "boring defenses". Wait shrinking and sumo then or gank if you have mates. Same with Sp tactic, just wait. But that's the point, it makes teh game so long and boring.
@people who talked about rules: were just my ideas, if you think they are stupid just tell which ones to change and say new ideas if you want.
I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Mecca wrote:A referee!? Why not just play dogfight?
So ridic, in dogfight some moves are called "illegal" trololol....

If you want a tournament with these shitty rules so bad, organize it already. :roll:
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

this is stupid and it already exists in a practical sense --> pickup
akira
Core Dumper

Post by akira »

Changing the initial position is the best way to shake up established strategies. Also reducing rubber would empower the attackers.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

INW wrote:This is pathetic.

Adding all these rules so the game is played how YOU want it.

Should I make a Fortress Tourney where I can DQ you for having a boring defense.

Cry More.

As you have said about the map change to the WST, don't play it if you don't like it.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

akira wrote:Changing the initial position is the best way to shake up established strategies. Also reducing rubber would empower the attackers.
You bring up an interesting point there, Akira. When I get some time, I am going to play with that concept. I have some physics I have played with at 3.5 rubber that might just do the trick.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm