Ladle 46

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Spook
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 46

Post by Spook »

Teen or Sylla needs to be banned from next ladle or Deja Vu needs to be banned from next ladle, Rond 1 started at 1:pm they subed in Mac&cheese without even asking us if they could espically when he wasen't on the wiki until 1:22pm way past deadline...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Spook wrote:Teen or Sylla needs to be banned from next ladle or Deja Vu needs to be banned from next ladle, Rond 1 started at 1:pm they subed in Mac&cheese without even asking us if they could espically when he wasen't on the wiki until 1:22pm way past deadline...
That's the thing about substitutes, they don't have to be on the wiki and you don't need approval until later in the game. Here's the current policy on subs:
Substitutes may be added until the start of the semi-finals. After the semi-finals begin, a team needs the approval of the opponent to add a substitute.
There was no need to add him to the wiki, so that little bit of editing probably caused more confusion than anything. I double-checked all the wiki edits and everything seems to be in order. They didn't make any other player changes either.

Now, I know some of these guys have a reputation for behaving badly, but that's a different type of accusation not made. Procedurally, they acted along with the current guidelines.

:wink: It sounds like a heated match. Let's all cool down a bit.
animal
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by animal »

:roll:

Your message contains 6 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 21.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Not sure if the europeans noticed it in CT's LIV but the lagometers were very inconsistent and unstable for the americans on my team. They were average size for a euro server, an eighth of the zone prolly, but they would randomly jump to about half the size of the zone and go back down.

I didn't experience any slides but the server didn't seem stable for me today.

Was still fun to play on.
milan
Average Program

Post by milan »

:o

Your message contains 6 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 21.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

typical loser talk. I told you to go check the rules politely, then when you kept insisting, of course I'm going to get a bit ruder as you did.

As I said to you in game, I didn't like it when ID did it to Tu a few ladles ago, but I didn't bitch and moan the whole time, I read the rules, realised they were right, and went on and played.

GMs to the rest of DS and to R, and SP... you guys are the ones to beat this ladle.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

thunderstorm again :x :x :x :x
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Gz baker street irregulars, well played. I only wish the server didn't keep killing me. AoT cannot hold up for a 6v6 game, randomly sliding into your own defence is not what I call fort.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

dariv wrote:AoT cannot hold up for a 6v6 game, randomly sliding into your own defence is not what I call fort.
Sorry, not the server though. It's your connection. I imagine this will be a bigger and bigger problem with all servers/players as time goes on. If you haven't noticed, thousands and thousands of people are joining the Internet everyday, some with multiple devices. ISP's are over-selling their product and the result is everyone's line quality suffers. I've pretty much given up on playing Arma competitively because there isn't a ISP in my area that can provide a stable enough connection - and my connection was fine 6 months ago.

I mean, I can have luke-jr post the sever stats to show the ridiculous amount of headroom the server has, but that won't solve anything. I heard similar complaints about CT LIV today too and that server used to be reliable. If someone wants to submit an alternative server to AoT I'll gladly stop submitting mine.
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Good matches all!

Strange match vs CT, we lost that second match 100-20 I think haha

Tight at the end Tx, was a lot of fun. Thanks for games, see you all next month! :P
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Recordings for 0.2.8.3.1. First, non-mine servers. Just one recording per server, started them about when sweet sixteen kicked off and let them run until I noticed the servers were empty:
CTLIV.aarec 77200kb 10327s
ID.aarec 59592kb 7537s
INW.aarec 12308kb 6244s
UNK.aarec 25512kb 6291s
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Fun ladle! gm's Silly Puddy, DV, CT and Tx!
CT match was intense, nf's wap, zap etc etc, really fun match for me.
And Tx phew, I got nervous there in the end =P
animal
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by animal »

ye ye syllla, fu and gz ^.-
chah
Core Dumper

Post by chah »

gz winnerz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't hate the player, hate the entire clan.