AABeta Mac Releases

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
aE

AABeta Mac Releases

Post by aE »

I was looking for a 0.3 mac build on AABeta and saw that the latest one was from 2009 so I built a new release from the latest source code on bzr. Xcode now costs money so it's increasingly hard to build your own build so I was wondering if whoever runs the AABeta would post this latest build for all those who like 0.3 but aren't willing to pay for xcode anymore? It was built using the 10.6 sdk so I'm not sure if it will work on any earlier versions and it definitely won't work on PPC computers.

http://idquod.dyndns.org/armagetronad-0 ... x-i386.dmg
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Re: AABeta Mac Releases

Post by dlh »

Xcode 3 is still available—you don't need version 4. Xcode 4 has also dropped support for the 10.4 and 10.5 SDKs, but don't expect the game to require 10.6 anytime soon…

I no longer have access to the beta site, so I can't upload builds.

I'm also going to give the obligatory warning about builds provided by third-party sources: Be vigilant of what you download and run.
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

dlh wrote:I no longer have access to the beta site, so I can't upload builds.
As far as I know, the beta site is in a constant state of "broken-and-nobody-can-change-anything" since it was moved to Dreamhost. Is Tank done with his studies enough to get things fixed up yet?

Regarding XCode, people should keep in mind that the GPL defines "source code" to include the compiler binaries if they don't come with the OS...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Hmm, I'm still relatively busy with university, but I think the biggest issue is that no one's told me (and I've not asked) exactly how the beta site worked so that it could be fixed. I think all that's missing is to automatically run svn update and get the new release into the distfiles folder. Maybe just hack together a simple php interface for that and it'd be set?
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

random thought. is it possible to have a program that automatically checks to see if the program will compile?
also is it possible to have automatic (nightly) builds so that we dont have to compile from source to get the trunk version?
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

We had something like this for a while, though I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. Overall, easy enough to do for the linux version (At least just the binary, not sure about the packaging.). A bit hard to do for windows/linux.