World to end May 21st(this Saturday)

Anything About Anything...
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Re: World to end May 21st(this Saturday)

Post by Hoax »

Titanoboa wrote:Gullible christians.
Aren't they all
chah
Core Dumper

Post by chah »

Hoax wrote:
Aren't they all
especially nobo.
Don't hate the player, hate the entire clan.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Redundant.
chrisd
Round Winner

Post by chrisd »

Great news!!!!!!!!!! It is May 22nd!!!!!!!!!! We made it without the world ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

This was definitely the best prank: http://www.dangerousminds.net/images/up ... lothes.jpg
MaZuffeR
Core Dumper

Post by MaZuffeR »

I like this one more: http://twitpic.com/50pgzb/full
winner of: Spoon, 3rd, 6th, 9th, 11th, 18th, 19th, 33rd, 34th and 48th Ladle.
Retired since 07/2012
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

I'm a zombie heathen.

:twisted:
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

ok so nothing happened, now we can all focus on the new end of world date!
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Titanoboa wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7366804n

So sad. Why are these so-called Christians falling for this? Just sad. Have they tried reading the Bible? Just sad. Bleh
"So-called"? Anyone who claims to be a Christian, is a Christian. The interpretation that you fell for is no more or less valid than any other Christian's version.

By the way, did you get saved recently or something? Why so much proselytizing?

And here's something for you all to consider: May 21st really was the rapture, but The Man Upstairs decided to pass on each and every one of us! And, by the way, Camping is still sticking by October 21st being the real deal.
chah wrote:jeez...people are joking about the rapture like there's no tomorrow.
Acknowledging this since no one else did. Certainly a better joke than ones about your "weenis."
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

only 4 ladles left :cry:
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Phytotron wrote:"So-called"? Anyone who claims to be a Christian, is a Christian.
Well, no. Take Harold Camping himself for example. He claims to be a bible believing Christian, even a bible scholar of some sort unless I'm mistaken, yet he makes these "predictions" of the judgement... something the bible says nobody will be able to make. That's consistent throughout the bible*. A genuine bible believing Christian couldn't possibly miss that. Coincidentally, Harold seems to be making a profit from all this which just makes it more obvious that his real motive isn't to "alert people of the judgement" or whatever.

And so with his victims. If they were bible believing Christians, you'd think they'd read the bible. At least the new testament. Clearly they haven't.

*I can give you a list of some examples if you want.
Phytotron wrote:The interpretation that you fell for is no more or less valid than any other Christian's version.
Care to elaborate?
Phytotron wrote:By the way, did you get saved recently or something?
Yeah.

(& at Hoax/chah/sine: I'd argue that there are christians who aren't gullible, and many non-christians who are. But I know what you guys mean :<)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Titanoboa wrote:If they were bible believing Christians, you'd think they'd read the bible. At least the new testament. Clearly they haven't.
Clearly you haven't read it either, or didn't understand it, or took someone's interpretation as your own. It's a vile book. You cherry pick what you like and don't like about it. You keep the good parts (which are universal "human" beliefs, not necessarily religious, and certainly not exclusively Christian ) and "interpret" the bad stuff to put a positive spin on it. Rhetoric.

But you seem like a generally bright kid, so hopefully you'll grow out of it. I grew up in a religious family, and I was born again at your age too. Eventually I realized it was a bunch of poppycock.

Really, the only way to be truly Christ-like is to forget about the bible completely and live to serve man - without God. Allah doesn't need your help anyway.
oddeuro
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by oddeuro »

Matthew 24:36
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. "

Even if you don't believe in God you can subjectively look through the bible and deduce that through various verses in it there is mention of NO ONE knowing when the world would end. You'd think a bible scholar would know that. Not to mention if harold camping was a prophet he's already been proven to be a false when when he had previously predicted something that never came to pass. I don't think all of his followers were "bad christians", even though they were lacking in sense/knowledge to pick up a bible and not take in lies someone fed them . They're lost people who'll hopefully go back to Jesus.

@sine,
clearly you haven't read it or you're projecting your own bad experiences as a child and growing up in a christian family who was misguided. Most of what i've studied is in the new testament. If you're referring to "universal 'human' beliefs" as loving your neighbor..etc, then that's incorrect. Most people more closely follow "an eye for an eye". Jesus taught love, not hate or condemnation. Luke 10:25-28 : 25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

Is that too much cherry picking? You might be thinking of people who are too quick to condemn other believers because they don't display a perfect image of Christianity. In the old testament there's a lot of condemnation and it shows a lot of God's anger/wrath, in the new testament it portrays Jesus' love and God's love for man, which is why he sent his son to redeem us. I just thought i'd try to somewhat backup an argument against you sine. Next time can you actually backup your argument against someone other than you don't approve of their religion?
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

INTERPRETATION INTERPRETATION INTERPRETATION
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

From my understanding, you are either Christian or not. But you can always do what you want and act childish or save the whales, or announce our apocalypsis or commit suicide. Christianity is a religion (and as such part of your worldview, to avoid the term ideology) you confess to, not a behavior pattern. I mean, "we Catholics" had so many sexual abuse scandals in recent years, so much hypcrisies among dignitaries that this should be out of question now. Camping or you have their own version. I'm happy with mine.
sinewav wrote:Really, the only way to be truly Christ-like is to forget about the bible completely and live to serve man - without God
Do you know the story of Martin of Tours? He shared his cloak with a cripple who he later found out was Jesus himself. Now I don't know whether Titan's confession (Lutheran, right?) disapproves veneration of saints but one of its points is that you serve God by serving humankind. That can't be found in the bible though.