What keeps you attracted to this game?

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
chah
Core Dumper

Re: What keeps you attracted to this game?

Post by chah »

Xyron wrote:mazing
in local game ftw.
Don't hate the player, hate the entire clan.
Patchman5000
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Patchman5000 »

Cuz Tron is an amazing concept to build on ;). If only this game had more substantial progress. But whatever, still pro. ^^
MusicMeg21
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by MusicMeg21 »

The escape... This is kind of my own personal world that no one else outside of it knows about... I intend on keeping it that way.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

one day
i am going to play on a winning ladle team once again...

team play
elegant problem-solution of rubber-ping and proximity-acceleration algorithm
community of self-organising players built on an open source designer-programmer team

potential...
hold the line
NIVEK
Average Program

Post by NIVEK »

Id have to say i find this game very challenging to master fully. Assuming that mastering the game means never being beat.

Ive met some pretty chill ppl too. XD
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

I love fort, it's like playing in a 6-a-side football team - the level of tactics, skill and timing it requires is really pretty crazy considering it's a free game off the internet. And with 16+ competitive teams all with a chance (more or less) of winning a ladle, it's such a thrill. It's also reasonably young, and any 'new' tactic can change the play of the game completely. I swear I've come so close to inventing that next tactic so many times :lol: I'll get it soon, watch this space.

I love sumo, it's beautiful - fast-fire rounds, different styles in play (from big open binds to headache-inducing xyron) and some insane moves. It's more of a one-man sport, but it's also like a form of art. The movement of the bike can be so elegant and almost graceful, both for tronners and non-tronners, it's quite a spectacle

You guys are pretty alright too :D Even the nasty folk can be pretty friendly (slov)

(In reality, the real reason I keep playing is because I can't destroy tron. 2 years I spent playing Medal of Honour.. then one day I decided to smash the CD to pieces. Armagetron is a plague that can be downloaded and run within 20 seconds. I can't get rid of it, and fear I never will be able to :()
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

þsy wrote:I love fort, it's like playing in a 6-a-side football team - the level of tactics, skill and timing it requires is really pretty crazy considering it's a free game off the internet. And with 16+ competitive teams all with a chance (more or less) of winning a ladle, it's such a thrill. It's also reasonably young, and any 'new' tactic can change the play of the game completely. I swear I've come so close to inventing that next tactic so many times :lol: I'll get it soon, watch this space.
It's true there are usually 16+ teams that can technically win; but really, we all either know or have a pretty good idea of who's going to be in the finals every ladle (except for when there is a "vcl" team that everyone thinks is going to suck).

Also, I don't think another viable way to start a fortress round will appear unless something else changes (like the spawn points).

you're right, even Slov isn't that bad. :D
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

I disagree Mecca, the predictions have grown less and less accurate, with some serious upsets during various ladles.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Check again.
Attachments
tron.png
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

brilliant
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

I love this game because I love killing you.
Tournaments are quite artificial. Deathmatch is a true test of worth.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Concord beat me to it haha, reading that was a lot of fun mecca.

though i was stuck on "orly? yarly. orly? yarly. orly? yarly. orly? yarly. orly? yarly. orly? yarly. orly? yarly. orly? yarly. orly? yarly. orly? yarly" for about 8 minutes before I found a way out :(
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

so basically CT is always in finals, your test is wrong!!

it was fun tho hah (i loled with titan's post about orly?, happened to me too rofl)
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Gonzap wrote:so basically CT is always in finals, your test is wrong!!

it was fun tho hah (i loled with titan's post about orly?, happened to me too rofl)
No, CT is only not in the finals when the ladle is a fluke and doesn't count.
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Hmm, it seems you have cracked the code, there doesn't seem to be much point in playing anymore :(

I would pay you a substantial sum of money if you could crack the meaning of life. I don't think it's possible, and I guess it's something we're all striving after in one way or another, but having seen that chart.. if anyone can do it, it's you