Good Games for PS3 and the Computer

Anything About Anything...
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Good Games for PS3 and the Computer

Post by Clutch »

I just bought a new laptop that can actually handle some games with good graphics, and I've been a little out of the loop in the gaming world recently. What games should I blow my money on?

Also, need some ps3 games you guys like as well.

inb4 call of duty
Boxed
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Good Games for PS3 and the Computer

Post by Word »

Mafia 2, Assassins Creed 2 and Crysis but i'd wait until they're cheaper (plot and gameplay are stupid and boring but i like the graphics) :)

(and if you like adventures, i highly recommend sherlock holmes vs jack the ripper (where i got the most plausible explanation concerning jack the rippers identity...SPOILER ALERT - the most disturbing sequence of an adventure game you'll ever see)/arsene lupin/the awakened- they were all worth the money >< )

or read some books.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Weird you mention books, literally 15 seconds ago I finished going through the painful process of choosing which books to get rid of :P

Yeah I might get mafia 2 actually, played a demo and seemed pretty fun
Boxed
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

what you think about the psn hacks though? There was just another one
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

PS3.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

I have heard Uncharted and Uncharted 2 are great games.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Crysis 1 has already been on deep sales several times, just catch the next one.

Portal 2 can't be left unmentioned. As soon as PSN is back (Bwahaha, they're moving their servers to a secret location, because that helps against attacks over the network), you get the PC version with the PS3 version "for free" (Quotes because the PC version is quite a lot cheaper, the PS3 version is only worth the premium if you're interested in local multiplayer). Super Meat Boy for the PC, super hard and super rewarding platformer. Red Dead Redemption on the console, and Joe Danger from PSN, a fun stunt bike game. And if you want to scare yourself shitless, Amnesia: Dark Descent on the PC. Best horror game in years. Just don't buy the boxed version, the cover art is bad. Mega Man bad.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

The few times we've had console nights here Soul Calibur IV has been popular as a game any noob can laugh at. Not sure how it is for serious gaming. That about sums up my PS3 knowledge.

Portal 2 for sure, but also Half-Life 2 + Episodes if you've somehow missed them. Hell, Portal 1 too. I personally like most of the Need for Speed stuff, but that's because the physics aren't very realistic, and the races can be a bit of fun. Not a game for the story line. Quake IV was pretty good too. Definetely get UT2k4 as well as they both have linux binaries. <3 Heroes of Newerth is online multiplayer online, but also has a linux client. (Can you see one of my gaming priorities there eh?) Tycoon games are always pretty good, but don't really depend on graphics... I've tried other games but that's all that's captured me recently. I.e., the last few years... Going back further there's Age of Mythology which I enjoyed for it's... mythology.
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

Changed all my passwords after I read about it, hehe.

Anyway, I highly recommend Heavy Rain, exclusively for Ps3, one of the best game I've ever played. Little Big Planet is also really fun, especially when you are playing with your friends at one console. What I've also enjoyed playing is inFamous. I'm open for more details.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

I played through all of the first Portal (having alot of difficulty with alot of the puzzles along thew way) before I realized I didn't like it :P Puzzle games aren't my thing I suppose. (Although, I actually bought the song at the end on iTunes) I just bought Red Dead Redemption the other day and so far I've done 3 missions, now I'm just hunting shit down and shooting them, skin them and sell it to pay off the huge bounty on my head for when I went on a murder spree :P

roze, I've heard alot of people say the same thing, so that's definitely one ill put on my list and get later on.

I've had Little Big Planet 2 for awhile now, and I've cried ive laughed so hard playing that with friends quite a few times haha. And yes, i've wasted many hours on good ol rollercoaster Tycoon.

Also if anyones scanning this themeselves to see what games to buy, I totally agree with Word that you should get the Assasins Creed games. Parkour (spelling?) is always fun, add that with the fact that you can kill waves and waves of enemies with your little dagger just add to the fun
Boxed
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Grr, can we please do something about the obnoxious screen stretch forced by Mecca's pointless post?
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

foe him, like me.
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

now I'm just hunting shit down and shooting them, skin them and sell it to pay off
That about summed up the game. I managed my way through it until I made it down to, I believe, Mexico. I just never got into the story line enough to care about who ever I was trying to save. Skinning animals seemed to take much too long, neat the first time and thereafter excruciating, and you can quickly end up with an exorbitant amount of money. Not sure how old you are or how your parents will react, but there is a bit of a sex scene at the start of one of the missions I believe. Just a heads-up.

I enjoyed Crysis 2 for console. Prototype and Dragon Age: Origins for Pc. I started DA 2, but found it hard to play as my bare minimum specs made it look too much like Fable: TLC. Waiting to upgrade to a Sager laptop to finish it.

Definitely minesweeper though. 100% addicting.
-az95-
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by -az95- »

Crysis 2 is a great all around game I think
I would also like to recommend Dead Space 2 if you like a kind of horror-shooter based game, and of course assassins creed brotherhood xD
Red Dead was ok, but i also never got into the story that much.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Portal 2 is amazing (just like Portal 1)

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln