Ladle 45

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle 45

Post by Desolate »

dariv wrote:Just gonna put it out there, can we please have final servers with more than 32 man capacity? I missed all the games AGAIN.

I raised the point multiple times in the discussion thread after ladle 43 and apparently no attention was paid.
I think this can be solved by next ladle Sine isn't playing with unk anymore, so a stream is possible again, with him as the caster. There are places to hold free stream hosting, and if a few people get it setup, we can have some live commentating going again.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Ill update my servers to 64 clients. It handled very nicely today so who knows, maybe it will be used in the finals or semis.
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

gZ Tx , you guys deserved it :)

Nice match CT , was intense as usual , what a first match lol :P

cya next ladle heh ;)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Desolate wrote:There are places to hold free stream hosting, and if a few people get it setup, we can have some live commentating going again.
I wasn't able to do this last year because I was on low tier DSL (basically a notch above dial-up). But my roommate here has a cable line, and while it's not stable enough to play this game, it might be good enough to stream.

If anyone wants to give me step by step instructions, I'd be happy to try it. I'm pretty sure my computer (dual 1.6 Gz) might be able to squeeze out 30 fps @ 640x480. I'm on Ubuntu 10.10. Otherwise you'll have to wait until I have time to research this myself. Kinda busy right now.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

I'll look into it as well, the broadcasts were great.
milan
Average Program

Post by milan »

Gratz to Tx champs, and thanx to ID and uNk for great matches.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

sinewav wrote:
Desolate wrote:There are places to hold free stream hosting, and if a few people get it setup, we can have some live commentating going again.
I wasn't able to do this last year because I was on low tier DSL (basically a notch above dial-up). But my roommate here has a cable line, and while it's not stable enough to play this game, it might be good enough to stream.

If anyone wants to give me step by step instructions, I'd be happy to try it. I'm pretty sure my computer (dual 1.6 Gz) might be able to squeeze out 30 fps @ 640x480. I'm on Ubuntu 10.10. Otherwise you'll have to wait until I have time to research this myself. Kinda busy right now.
I'll definitely look into it, I know justin.tv is good, but not quite sure what you'd need to do to actually record tron and upload it directly to the website.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm pretty sure I can use VLC media player to stream to a website (I'd probably use adventuresoftron.com). A good tutorial for the technically un-inclined is what I'd need.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Concord wrote:I'll look into it as well, the broadcasts were great.
o_O wb, funny, I looked you up to see if you had been on recently. I would like to hear your ladle analysis.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

running commentary with a stream sounds fun, I never know which person to spectate anyway!
pLxDari - Challenge us!
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

Concord wrote:I'll look into it as well, the broadcasts were great.
owb!
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Congratulations tx, nice matches.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

gz TX and gms uNk
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

sinewav wrote:I'm pretty sure I can use VLC media player to stream to a website (I'd probably use adventuresoftron.com). A good tutorial for the technically un-inclined is what I'd need.
Well, there are good tut's I can refer you to, or I could even write step-by-step directions for what to do on the client side. The real problem is the server side of this. To stream video, multiple streams, from a server, you need a pretty beefy vps. If it is one you host tron servers from, you will probably cause lag in the servers. However, I do have a VPS that I could host the server side stuff on. I have looked into this before, but decided not to bother, since I didn't know of anybody in the game that would do what you can. So, I will get vlc setup on the server side today. The tricky part for me would be making a webpage that delivers a JPlayer to let people view the stream. I am setting up a wiki for ID. In that context it would probably be pretty simple for me to have a page for viewing the stream. Also, I have a "non-profit" license to be able to setup up a huge TeamSpeak server, actually up to 10 total virtual servers. I could setup a public TeamSpeak so watchers of the stream could chat via text or speech. Also, I could setup a private TeamSpeak so you can have a "Color Man" to your play by play. Also, there is the possibility of getting a few more announcers to cover the "other game" in the semi's and even perhaps some carefully chosen early rounds.
I also might have time, during the Ladle to contribute some. Because of the time commitment involved in playing in the Ladle. I am no longer going to play in Ladles. It's just too much time out of my Sunday, when I go to church as well. For me, missing church is not an option, as it is very important to me, both spiritually, and socially. I could pop in. If nothing else, I will have the time to make sure to setup streams, and take care of problems, if needed.
I am working on the new ID wiki today, and as my big project this week. I will just add this to that list.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ok, instead of going on-and-on about what you could do, spend some time doing it. Like I said, I've got a server and VLC media player. I just want people to point me to easy setup instructions. adventuresoftron.com is not a VPS and it's not where my game servers are hosted.