NHL Playoff Thread

Anything About Anything...
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Clutch »

Post whatever your thoughts on the Playoffs are.

I'm obviously pulling for Vancouver (Living 20 minutes away from it). We've never won the Cup before, but I have a feeling that this year is our year! (If luongo doesn't decide to do shitty like he did last playoff.) We got some fast players, and our (not so secret) weapon, the Sedins!

The fact that we've been creaming chicago also gives me personal pleasure, seeing as they're our rivals it seems
Boxed
Paladin
Average Program

Re: NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Paladin »

Hopefully the caps will be meeting you there. Although, if Alzner keeps headbutting pucks into his own net things might be a tad bit tricky. :wink:
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Blackhawks will take it you hoser.
ousous
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ousous »

Canucks always choke...and what are you talking about luongo is the best thing that happened to vancouver's choke team. I'd rather see Montreal win it.

....anyways NHL is getting boring unless you're watching ovechkin/malkin play.... North American players think waaay to much about the physicality portion of the game rather than technique and I say this as a Canadian.

...which leads me to my main point that the NBA playoffs are more fun to watch. :D :D

Ps. Box you deserve an award for what may be the slyest/smoothest clan quit in tron.

PPS I just realized this is my second post after how many years of membership?
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

can we have a NBA thread too? :(
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

whichever teams has the most swedes will win as usual ^_^
I would probably watch the games if they weren't in the middle of the night CEST. My brother doesn't care about that heh. But I guess I do.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

ousous wrote:Canucks always choke...and what are you talking about luongo is the best thing that happened to vancouver's choke team. I'd rather see Montreal win it.
Montreal's my second choice :P Luongo does great all through the season, and then he just ***** up alot once the pressures on in the playoffs

ousous wrote:Ps. Box you deserve an award for what may be the slyest/smoothest clan quit in tron.
No one thought I would leave, they just think I'm not wearing tags :P

Changing my named helped tho
Boxed
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Detroit ftw ftw ftw ftw
scene
Core Dumper

Post by scene »

ousous wrote: ....anyways NHL is getting boring unless you're watching ovechkin/malkin play....

...which leads me to my main point that the NBA playoffs are more fun to watch. :D :D
You just have to watch the last five minutes of a basketball game to see the whole game!

Anyways, I could see the canucks going all the way. personally i'm a sharks fan but their success in the playoffs is obviously nonexistent so far in their lifetime. I'll put caps vs canucks in the finals
ousous
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ousous »

scene wrote:
ousous wrote: ....anyways NHL is getting boring unless you're watching ovechkin/malkin play....

You just have to watch the last five minutes of a basketball game to see the whole game!

Anyways, I could see the canucks going all the way. personally i'm a sharks fan but their success in the playoffs is obviously nonexistent so far in their lifetime. I'll put caps vs canucks in the finals

Lol what? I think you're confused. Hockey games have 3-4 goals which you can watch in a 2 minute highlight reel. Basketball games have about 80 scoring plays per game. I think your own logic failed. Sure, I'll agree with you that not every basket is "worthy", but you can watch an entire game of hockey in 2 minutes even if you include plays that didn't result in a goal but were close.

Not saying that I don't like hockey just saying it's not as fun to watch. The NHL knows that... which is is why after the lockout they added penalty shootouts to avoid boring overtimes and add some excitement. As well, the took out the 2 line pass rule so that the game was a bit more active. It's a lot more fun to watch an NHL game now than it was a few years back. The only time I really find hockey exciting anymore is when it's international.

Anyways how many of you can actually melt up some ice? I hope you're not just couch sport fans!
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

haha yeah basketball is a very high scoring game but it is true that sometimes I just watch the last quarter (when things get heated up).. as for hockey, I think its a nice sport, but lame if you watch it on TV :P
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
scene
Core Dumper

Post by scene »

ousous wrote:
Lol what? I think you're confused. Hockey games have 3-4 goals which you can watch in a 2 minute highlight reel. Basketball games have about 80 scoring plays per game. I think your own logic failed. Sure, I'll agree with you that not every basket is "worthy", but you can watch an entire game of hockey in 2 minutes even if you include plays that didn't result in a goal but were close.

Not saying that I don't like hockey just saying it's not as fun to watch. The NHL knows that... which is is why after the lockout they added penalty shootouts to avoid boring overtimes and add some excitement. As well, the took out the 2 line pass rule so that the game was a bit more active. It's a lot more fun to watch an NHL game now than it was a few years back. The only time I really find hockey exciting anymore is when it's international.

Anyways how many of you can actually melt up some ice? I hope you're not just couch sport fans!
Well i'll just call it a personal preference to watch hockey over basketball. I actually play hockey so maybe that's why I find it more interesting to watch :P I see more of the little plays that are important to the game and that the pros have perfected. I agree though, the new rule changes have definitely made it more fun to watch.
Slov wrote:haha yeah basketball is a very high scoring game but it is true that sometimes I just watch the last quarter (when things get heated up).. as for hockey, I think its a nice sport, but lame if you watch it on TV :P
Yeah every sport is way better when you are at the actual game rather than watching it on tv. Except maybe golf :lol:
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

scene
Core Dumper

Post by scene »