Ladle 44

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Convict.LoT.

Re: Ladle 44

Post by Convict.LoT. »

i pm u back psy and i dnt like the idea sry
Convict.LoT.

Post by Convict.LoT. »

hey if this is a problem can i just switch oreo and walle and no phantom
Convict.LoT.

Post by Convict.LoT. »

so just switch players take 1 out and put 1
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Hey Won't make it beyond the first round! LOL! will take on Speeders if no1 else has the balls to.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Convict.LoT. wrote:hey if this is a problem can i just switch oreo and walle and no phantom
It's not a problem, all your changes are OK. We just wanted to point out the rules page since you guys might not be familiar with it, being kind of new to this tournament and all. We're glad to have you! :)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

LucK wrote:Hey Won't make it beyond the first round! LOL! will take on Speeders if no1 else has the balls to.
Psy, I would go ahead and take this offer.

Let's talk briefly about the late-comer rule. It was created back when we only had enough teams to barely fill a 16-slot bracket. We're talking 1-3 byes at most to go through if any at all. But we've had a couple consecutive 32-team brackets, which leaves a late-comer over a dozen byes to go through. This is unreasonable in my opinion.

In cases such as this, should we add something that says:

"... you may ask the team with the first bye for permission to fill the open slot. If they refuse, go through the byes in order... or you may take the first bye offered voluntarily."

Or maybe it should say "highest bye offered voluntarily before 12:00 GMT Ladle day."

Anyone see a problem with this? Should we write it in?

In the future, we may have a tournament website that prevents you from signing up with less than 4 players, or maybe sends a reminder email out if you do.
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

gl all and hf may the best team win!!!! \o/
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

DS'ers have no problem playing against Speeders see you tommorrow guys and gL
Convict.LoT.

Post by Convict.LoT. »

thanks since.wav
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Convict.LoT. wrote:thanks since.wav
+1 (heh)

Yeah sine, that's great. It's a bit ridiculous to go around lobbying to every team with a bye, and so the offers should be out in the open, and the team with the lowest bye that accepts should face the latecomer.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I added Speeders to bye-4 against Dark Syndicate. Glad to see you could make it psy & company. :)

Right now they are in ID Chicago, which is the appropriate place to play according to "server flow." I know most of them are EU players; do we have a problem with them using an EU server? There are plenty of them free...
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

it should be up to DS and SP.

Anyway, I have no problem with it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Magic
Core Dumper

Post by Magic »

we have us players who can get some experience and play time in ID chicago we honestly dont mind either way and its ds' bye they can use whatever server they want
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

One more thing my auth isnt working for the ladle servers, and we need a team leader just in case if milan shows up late cause 3B cant make this ladle
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Spook wrote:One more thing my auth isnt working for the ladle servers, and we need a team leader just in case if milan shows up late cause 3B cant make this ladle
No need to worry. I've checked the authority and you're on the list. The servers just haven't been updated yet (as you can see by some of their names, Ladle 43, 41...). We'll make sure you get OP'd at least if there is a problem.