we're all going to die

Anything About Anything...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: we're all going to die

Post by sinewav »

Lord Pein wrote:A good reputation in an international, mixed gender community that spans a wide range of ages ... Oh no, I'm devastated.
Interesting tactic. First you agree with one of these "older men," then lament the fact your writing couldn't be accepted the same way. Build up some pity over your lack of fair treatment, then, when someone points out that you've never actually tried to express a deep, meaningful, well-worded thought -- and encourages you to give it a shot -- you flip-flop and say "oh I don't want to do that. why would I want to do that? you guys are losers!"

:roll: Yeah, like it's such a shame to be older and have good communication skills. And you wonder why people call you a troll. Well, shame on me for trying to encourage you to contribute to this wonderful community you seem to loathe, mysteriously, since you post here more often then these wretched older men.
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

I love how these forums can take the deaths of multiple people and turn it into a petty argument...
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

The "older" people always start most of the drama on these forums.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

I suppose that includes any responses to that?
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Tazmania wrote:The "older" people always start most of the drama on these forums.
you're like 50...
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

You guys should follow the rules more closely.
The 9 commandments wrote:9. Don't be a rule lawyer.
tee-hee. Ironic.

In all seriousness, it is good to glance over the rules. Who knows, maybe if fixit was treated with respect, we would not be in this situation that we are in now (I doubt it though).
Last edited by Mkay1 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

i'd like to ask kingsley wannabe and PHYTOTRON to leave my topic, this is for doomsday theories only!!!
Last edited by Z-Man on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected name. Plus, it's not your topic. Doesn't work that way.
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

gawdzilla wrote:i'd like to ask kingsley wannabe and l0uven to leave my topic, this is for doomsday theories only!!!
I'm sorry, Lizzy! :):):):):):):):)<3

I'll get back on topic!

The internetz will get too full from all of the clans Liz makes and will explode! This explosion will be so great that it will destroy the earth!
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

sinewav wrote:cats
2020 is a god, not sure what you are talking about.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Diversions diversions everywhere, and not a drop of sense. Or not very much sense anyway. I would write a longer reply, but I've got to get out the door for a train.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

Phytotron wrote:...your ramblings... Typically clueless... blithering nonsense... obnoxious... Not worth it....
ok...
Phytotron wrote:
You actions, in terms of words in this forum, speak loudly enough of your moral code.
Define it, then. Let's see how accurate you are. My bet is you're more likely to respond with some smart-assed remark and a bunch of "hehehe" with a smiley face.
so...
you insult
and then expect a respond to your question
a question that has absolutely no intention of seeking clarification or reparation...

uhu...
as i said
you posts demonstrate your moral code pretty well
hold the line
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

2020 wrote:Another post I actually read.
+1
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

Lord Pein wrote: Why would I write long posts? I have plenty of essays to write for school.

A good reputation in a community older men that feel the need to try to confirm that they are more intelligent, and have better lifestyles than "kids" they only know through an internet game? Oh no, I'm devastated.
good point wrt long posts...

this is the only virtual-only community i participate in
all others involve some kind of in-person engagement...
your comment is interesting since i am getting older and am interested in cross-generational communication...
is there any other way that "older men" represent themselves other than the way you describe?

i have a lot of respect for certain players on the grid
they seem very mature and i have no idea what age they are...
elsewhere i once had a conversation with was in his fifties and he was in his early twenties...

(although this is ultimately related to "we're all going to die" ; )
i've started another thread here)
hold the line
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

2020 wrote:is there any other way that "older men" represent themselves other than the way you describe?
ill chip in here. im onbe of the middle aged(for this forum) ppl at 18. i find that the median age is somewhere between 18-25 on this forum, but i could be wrong.
Regardless i usually have deep respect for much of the older players (off the top of my head lucifer, wae, sine(forget how old you are but i see you as wise as many older ppl), 2020, manta&destiny, compguy, and luke(to an extent))
i usually think this way of them because of their actions either on the grid, irc or forums show they are good people with decent morals who usually dont troll (lucifer is an exception but he does it in taste most of the time, that or its aimed at luke which irdc :P).
Most have also had to put up with numerous hardships in the last few years, which i can relate heavily to.
there is really only one adult on here that i know of that i dont have a lot of respect for, because of their actions on this forum (but i wont get into that)(ps this person doesnt apply to most of the next paragraph)

In general the older crowd does not really start much drama, they usually only get involved with fights when they try to stop them. They usually post here in good taste and without nearly the amount of cursing that goes on from the younger people. They also tend to think before they post, something many ppl on here need to do A LOT more often.

I prefer playing arma with the older crowd because i can carry on intelligent conversations with them about topics that interest me (i.e. food, computer, programming and my new hobby photography(of food ofc :P) ) without the "lolzusuck at this""noob" etcetc...
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

2020 wrote:Just the sort of smart-assed, shallow reply Phytotron was expecting.
You put forth a claim—an accusation, even. Now, back it up. You don't get off with a false feeling of self-righteousness when thus far you've only shown yourself to be a disingenuous hypocrite.

Phytotron wrote:
Lord Pein wrote:+1 spam
You simply enjoyed that he took thinly-veiled back-handed swipes at me, with a (mis)perception that he told me off. Your "+1" spam is meaningless.
Essentially no different than a toady slapping his superior on the back and pointing, and every bit as craven.