Anything About Anything...
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Do you have a xBox 360 and Black ops!

Post by AI-team »

Do you???
If so , add me!
GT: PicNik10

I will accept every request, but if I see you're using last stand I will have to cancel the friendship ):

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Do you have a xBox 360 and Black ops!

Post by Z-Man »

Is that the new Martyrdom?
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

No, it's the old last stand
They removed matyrdom :>

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

I'm so glad they removed martyrdom, it was veerrryyy annoying.
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Oh. What does "Last Stand" do, then?
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

Last stand allows you to pull out a pistol once you've been killed. It takes the person thats shooting off guard and usually kills him. Pretty much, you have one full life plus an extra half-life when you're crawling on the ground with a pistol. (Last Stand pro actually allows other teammates to revive you which is extremely dumb imo)

Oo oO
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

ItzAcid wrote:(Last Stand pro actually allows other teammates to revive you which is extremely dumb imo)
But having people be able to run as fast backwards and sideways as they do forwards, and carry a dozen weapons with a large cache of ammo and other items that they can swap on the fly, and withstand dozens of bullets before they actually keel over, isn't dumb at all.

(I'm just assuming this game is like every other first-person shooter.)

It's kinda like when someone in a sci-fi and/or fantasy flick/show dismisses something fantastical with a line something like, "well now, that's just not real."
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

This game isn't exactly realistic, but it's closer than the things you mentioned. You are MUCH slower when moving backwards and side to side. There's only two guns and two grenades (which is realistic as one of them must be a pistol). Ammo is made to be accurate and you run out very fast :( haha. 1-2 shots usually kills (semi-realistic). Heavy weapons come in air packages and when aiming down the sights, you move significantly slower. You should try it, might actually enjoy it more. It's still a fps, which brings unrealistic aspects, but it is fun.

Oh p.s.: The most unrealistic feature in this game is that your wounds heal automatically after being shot, but that's just to please the fans and make it easier :).

Oo oO
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Well, at least they get away from some of the tired old conventions.
ItzAcid wrote:You should try it....
No thanks. Besides the fact that I don't (and won't ever) own an Xbox360, I'm not into the multiplayer first-person shooting games at all. In fact, Armagetron is the only online multiplayer game I've ever played more than a few times.
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

Yeah the creators of Black Ops and most recent Call of Duty games finally branched away from that. (I know you said you wouldn't buy an xbox360, but splinter cell games are neat for realistic gameplay) It's understandable though, a lot of people would just rather not get into this kind of stuff. I'm not too much of a multiplayer fan myself. I think it gets too competitive and discouraging at times too :P. (I do still play them, but I prefer rpg and single player modes)

Oo oO
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

I have 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory' for Gamecube. I had previously played and beat the first Splinter Cell on someone's xbox while housesitting. I wouldn't call it realistic, in gameplay or Clancy's paranoid jingo storylines. I actually approach that game more as though it's a 3D puzzle game rather than an action game. Indeed, I wouldn't enjoy it as much if it were the opposite.

I've played and had fun with plenty of first-person shooters over the years. I'm just not into the online multiplayer and resulting gameplay. It's just tedious, to say the least.

Anyway, the fact that I've played so many FPS's is why I lament the conventions. They're just worn out. And, of course, some of those (like being able to magically and invisibly carry around a trunk-full of items) aren't restricted to FPS's.

However, with respect to realism, I'm not necessarily looking for that, either (except, I suppose, to some degree in games that purport to be realistic—if a dude gets shot in the foot, he shouldn't just keep running around as usual). They're video games. If I want reality, I've got it. Give me something original, something imaginative, unique, fantastical, out-of-the-ordinary, oddball, interesting, artistic even.

Thing is, video game developers have the opportunity to create something from whole cloth, a blank slate. Yet, creativity and popularity seem to be inversely proportional. Developers and their corporate overlords are just scared and lazy, and increasingly so each year. "Here, let's put out a glorifyingly violent military shooter and let kids go waste away their brains and bodies playing online multiplayer." It's a wasted medium.

Blah Blah.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

damn phyto, you have to complain in every topic don't you

acid i think your second gun doesn't HAVE to be a pistol :P

i'd like to play with you guys but unfortunately i have black ops for my ps3, buy it for me for 360 and you'll have the absolute honor and pleasure to be in my presence xoxox
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

gawdzilla wrote:i'd like to play with you guys but unfortunately i have black ops for my ps3
Ha, +1. I love people who shoot at me, and don't get that I have last stand. Quite funny, you are almost dead, lieing on the ground, with a normal pistol in your hand you pwn someone who has a 'real' gun. Makes me laugh over and over again.
Just wondering, which other extras do you use? I use 'Last Stand', 'Hardliner', 'Nimbleness' (dunno if thats the correct word.).
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

theroze wrote:I love people who shoot at me, and don't get that I have last stand.
I despise people that use Last Stand, it proves that your skills level is close to zero.

EDIT:
I use Ghost (Pro), Warlord (Pro) and Hacker (Pro)

What lvl are you guys?

I am Prestige 1 , lvl 46

theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

AI-team wrote:
theroze wrote:I love people who shoot at me, and don't get that I have last stand.
I despise people that use Last Stand, it proves that your skills level is close to zero.
Care to explain? I don't get it. If an enemy is behind you, you can't do anything, and last stand gives you, as the name says, another chance. I have already seen some prestige 10 guys using this, though, that's indeed pretty rare.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011