Starting Up Monthly CTF Tournament

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

WillyWonka
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Starting Up Monthly CTF Tournament

Post by WillyWonka »

I had a concern.
Our team (uNa) was signed up by Nelhybel. But the issue is that Nel is not active anymore and I was wondering because I am another leader of uNa, can I go switch the leadership of the team from Nelhybel to myself? or is that against the rules and that only Nel can go and switch that?
KingNoob1
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by KingNoob1 »

WillyWonka wrote:I had a concern.
Our team (uNa) was signed up by Nelhybel. But the issue is that Nel is not active anymore and I was wondering because I am another leader of uNa, can I go switch the leadership of the team from Nelhybel to myself? or is that against the rules and that only Nel can go and switch that?
Willy if you have an acc on the wiki you can just change it.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Actually KingNoob, Willy's hesitation is very legitimate. Just because he has the capability to edit the challenge board doesn't mean he has the right to.

Anyway, I see no reason why you can't add yourself as a second team leader. R is in a similar situation; shoebat, our team leader, won't be present for the beginning of the tourney, so I'm going to add myself as a second team leader. What really matters though at this point, is whether the authorities cfg can be edited at this point or not and whether server admins will reinclude it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Wind
Core Dumper

Post by Wind »

If you are going to add your name do it now.
Tru and I will be working to contact all the people who host the server so that the server admins will reinclude it.
Proud leader of ~'Untitled Clan
http://www.uclan.darkbb.com
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

BTW if we just RINCLUDE the update it will not change, RINCLUDE only downloads if and only if we have not downloaded it already.
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

Will this tourney rotate between Sunday and Saturday? I hate not being able to play CTF tournies.
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

I think that after this tourney we should have a discussion then a vote on anything that anybody brings up (much like the ladles) and vote with each team gets 1 vote. Pretty much an exact ladle system mirror. All for this?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

PokeMaster wrote:All for this?
Poke, it seems like a large percentage of CTF players aren't active on this forum. if you are going to mirror the Ladle system, you need participation.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Ohai.

I just wanna lift up the ~'U. leadership for a bit, and thank them for initiating this.
It's been working surprisingly well so far, getting teams and servers for the tournament etc, all the preparation.

Big thanks to all of ~'U. who helped :D

Now their responsibility is over, and it's down to all of us (the participating teams) to make it work as awesomely as it has so far.
So let's all do our best to make this a great tourney; one to remember.

Good luck everyone! :)
Wind
Core Dumper

Post by Wind »

Tobe wrote:Will this tourney rotate between Sunday and Saturday? I hate not being able to play CTF tournies.
Yes tobe I have heard a lot of people (even some from ~'U. clan) inform me that Saturdays would work much better. So hopefully we can try out the next tourney on a Saturday to see if its more convenient for a greater set or different set of people. I also realize that this time and day is pretty bad for any aussies' participating in this tourney so I know a Saturday date would fix that issue.

Titanoboa wrote:Ohai.

I just wanna lift up the ~'U. leadership for a bit, and thank them for initiating this.
It's been working surprisingly well so far, getting teams and servers for the tournament etc, all the preparation.

Big thanks to all of ~'U. who helped :D

Now their responsibility is over, and it's down to all of us (the participating teams) to make it work as awesomely as it has so far.
So let's all do our best to make this a great tourney; one to remember.

Good luck everyone! :)
Thanks titan that means a lot to us, however a large part of the tournament was organized from the outside community help (servers, spreading the word, competition hub, etc.) So thanks to all who helped. Though this is only the first of these monthly tournaments hopefully enough people will be responsible to show and it may even pick up as more competitions are held.

Competition is today! GL to all!
Proud leader of ~'Untitled Clan
http://www.uclan.darkbb.com
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

gl to all. If anyone needs a sub ill be on IRC.
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

cfgs need to be reworked...
1. teams_max_unbalance needs to be increased
2. apparently every member needs to be op'd, even in they are invited...

also,admins in every server please (who are not playing!)

we had an incident where we got a 4th member in 2nd match but wasnt op'd until 2nd or third round...we asked for the match to be restarted because of it but other team said no.... (they were already leading 30something-5 or some shit...)
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

This was the most fun I've had in tron in forever. I hope this happens again
Boxed
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

it was fun.

But highly disorganized lol