Armagetron Terminology

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
Magic
Core Dumper

Re: Armagetron Terminology

Post by Magic »

Just say it
John Doe

Post by John Doe »

What are;
lmao
grg?
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

John Doe wrote:What are;
lmao
grg?
lmao = laughing my ass off

No idea what grg is.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

grg is most likely just a typo of gtg, which means got to go.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

ip
intelligent play

(just watched ip man : )
hold the line
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

IP is already taken, bud.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Word wrote:nph = no point hole (the latest craze ^^)
Completing Word's definition

NPH = No Point Hole, which means that your teammate grinds the enemy defense, after which you die on his wall making a hole through the defense without giving the enemy any points.

"Grind for NPH" = Set up the wall for a holer as described above
"I'll grind, Player 1 hole" = Player 1 is expected to hole on the wall once it's set up as described above
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

ohhh, i forgot about the ROD:
Position 1 grinds harder after its wings have passed it, then it escapes to the other side. The biggest advantage of this is that you provoke experienced players (who try to kill you so they can grind your tail) to center, then they die. But you have to do it properly. And you still didn't block the other side, you also need to split at the same time as the wing along which you didn't grind, in the same direction. Then you can block the other side. :)
You can make your team lose if you don't dig hard enough. And it's important to know which side splits first, because otherwise you wouldn't know from which side the opponent can try to center. It's easy for him if you grind the wrong side and split in the opposite direction, then your def is simply ******.
note that you can also (pretend to) lock it normally afterwards so that your opponent has to use some more rubber - I didn't show that in the drawing
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

And what does "ROD" stand for? Is it German?
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Rapture Of the Deep
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Word

Post by Word »

rapture of the deep :)
i've chosen the name because i thought divers who can't resist the deep sea are comparable to good attackers that are attracted by a seemingly unlocked center

edit: oops, compguy was faster
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

Word wrote:ohhh, i forgot about the ROD:
Position 1 grinds harder after its wings have passed it, then it escapes to the other side. The biggest advantage of this is that you provoke experienced players (who try to kill you so they can grind your tail) to center, then they die. But you have to do it properly. And you still didn't block the other side, you also need to split at the same time as the wing along which you didn't grind, in the same direction. Then you can block the other side. :)
You can make your team lose if you don't dig hard enough. And it's important to know which side splits first, because otherwise you wouldn't know from which side the opponent can try to center. It's easy for him if you grind the wrong side and split in the opposite direction, then your def is simply ******.
note that you can also (pretend to) lock it normally afterwards so that your opponent has to use some more rubber - I didn't show that in the drawing

Pos 1 did the wrong split :/

If you kink right you split right
kink left split left

I dont know how to explain what kink is :)
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Indeed it's quite impossible to forcibly dig the enemy center out like in your example Word, seeing as you'll likely have more than 30 speed and it'll count as an adjustment, whereas the enemy center will be able to brake to below 30 and his dig won't count as an adjustment. If however you split the same way as your "kink" like teen said, it'll make a pretty nasty trap. I think that should be called ROD instead then :)
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

teen wrote:
Word wrote:ohhh, i forgot about the ROD:

Pos 1 did the wrong split :/

If you kink right you split right
kink left split left

I dont know how to explain what kink is :)
That's what I thought as well, it's possible to centre either side really :P
Word

Post by Word »

Titanoboa wrote:Indeed it's quite impossible to forcibly dig the enemy center out like in your example Word, seeing as you'll likely have more than 30 speed and it'll count as an adjustment, whereas the enemy center will be able to brake to below 30 and his dig won't count as an adjustment. If however you split the same way as your "kink" like teen said, it'll make a pretty nasty trap. I think that should be called ROD instead then :)
i brake before i dig, but i forgot to write this in the explanation

+
Word wrote:note that you can also (pretend to) lock it normally afterwards so that your opponent has to use some more rubber