Ladle Team "The Immortals" Want to play :>

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

owned
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle Team "The Immortals" Want to play :>

Post by owned »

Cody <3 wrote:
PokeMaster wrote:Technically it looks like it's uNk.Team or nothing*, based on the wording of the rules. Sorry, that's unfortunate. We should definitely bring it up next voting discussion though.

*Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm pretty sure its not that strict, its not like we're trying to chose who we play, we just wanna play lol

We'll go down the line of Byes if we have too lol
No, it is that strict, it was specifically made that way so people couldn't choose what team they could play. Of course the point poke brings up about one team being able to deny all other teams from the right to play is a good one. We need to find a way to both eliminate choosing but also ensure we can get as many teams to play as possible.

Although from what pr3 said, it seems like this won't be a problem in this ladle.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

I would propose something like "A team may request to play against an obliging opponent in lieu of a 'bye' spot. As many teams facing byes may choose to accept the matchup as they will, but the requesting team must faceoff against the team facing the lowest accepted bye*.

*This is the lowest numbered bye."

Poorly worded, but I hope you get my point. Also, take note that this won't provide a solution for multiple teams requesting to play in the opening round after signups close.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Since Tu have the second lowest bye (bye 2) and if Unk.Team (who have bye 1) refuse, then we accept you instead of bye 2.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

The rules clearly state that you're stuck with the first available bye (uNk.Team as stated above). I wouldn't bringing mind bringing up a vote about being able to "go down the line of byes", but I think it's a bad idea to make exceptions to clear rules.

Sorry, but getting to manually select who to play in the opening round (whether it was uNa or you who initiated it doesn't matter) just won't work in the long run.
And note that the "late sign up" rule is quite a privilege.

If uNk.Team does give you a no, you can still schedule an independent war with uNa or Tu at 18.00 GMT, and get to play some nice ladle-style fort that way instead.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Hmm I was under the impression you would go down the line of byes. My mistake
ps I'm not tokoyami
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

Titanoboa wrote:The rules clearly state that you're stuck with the first available bye (uNk.Team as stated above). I wouldn't bringing mind bringing up a vote about being able to "go down the line of byes", but I think it's a bad idea to make exceptions to clear rules.

Sorry, but getting to manually select who to play in the opening round (whether it was uNa or you who initiated it doesn't matter) just won't work in the long run.
And note that the "late sign up" rule is quite a privilege.

If uNk.Team does give you a no, you can still schedule an independent war with uNa or Tu at 18.00 GMT, and get to play some nice ladle-style fort that way instead.
yea well it looks like the rules are not being exactly followed(hence Open Team only having 3 people and are still on the brackets)

Just saying we want to play and we are not exactly picking who we vs, just randomize us vs anyone one who still has a bye, problem solved.
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com
Magic
Core Dumper

Post by Magic »

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

syllabear wrote:Hmm I was under the impression you would go down the line of byes. My mistake
Not a mistake sylla. The line "...your team misses the sign up deadline, and one or more teams have a bye in the first round, you may ask the team..." implies that any bye can be a potential spot to play.

Remember, the rules for Ladle are written to encourage the most participation possible, and to be as fair as possible. We want people to play. But if you sign up late, the other teams need protection from any inconveniences. That's why late teams must ask permission. And the order of the byes is there to stop a late team from simply asking anyone, which could be seen as manipulative. (example: there are byes on both sides of the bracket, so the late comers ask permission on the "easier" side).

Cody, the latest talk around the uNk channels is leaning toward denying you our open slot. This means you would ask the owners of the 2nd bye for permission. But please wait for our team captain to contact you before asking another team.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

sinewav wrote:Cody, the latest talk around the uNk channels is leaning toward denying you our open slot. This means you would ask the owners of the 2nd bye for permission. But please wait for our team captain to contact you before asking another team.
OK, so if it is the case then sine, then they get to play Tu if you guys say no. And thanks for clarifying that :)
ps I'm not tokoyami
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Thanks for filling in with your wisdom sine :)

Perhaps a simple clarification can be added to the wiki?
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

sinewav wrote:
syllabear wrote:Hmm I was under the impression you would go down the line of byes. My mistake
Not a mistake sylla. The line "...your team misses the sign up deadline, and one or more teams have a bye in the first round, you may ask the team..." implies that any bye can be a potential spot to play.

Remember, the rules for Ladle are written to encourage the most participation possible, and to be as fair as possible. We want people to play. But if you sign up late, the other teams need protection from any inconveniences. That's why late teams must ask permission. And the order of the byes is there to stop a late team from simply asking anyone, which could be seen as manipulative. (example: there are byes on both sides of the bracket, so the late comers ask permission on the "easier" side).

Cody, the latest talk around the uNk channels is leaning toward denying you our open slot. This means you would ask the owners of the 2nd bye for permission. But please wait for our team captain to contact you before asking another team.

Aight :) Thank you guys! and thanks sine I was also under the impression that we could ask the 2nd bye

Also edit: If you've seen our roster did update, The current Immortal Dynasty(first team) everyone is showing up that is listed. So we went ahead and put the rest on our roster on "The immortals" hope thats fine!(even though its most likely(99.9%) going to be me,arilou,alpha,oddeuro,compguy,Strawbs/Killer playing)
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Hey Cody.
After the brackets have been set a Team Leader may change a maximum of two players per team. Only two players per team can be added or switched. A combination of one added and one switched is acceptable, as long as the total number of changes does not exceed two.
You switched an entire team...

Isnt this what SP did several ladles ago?
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

lol nvm they will lose in their first match up :P
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

ElmosWorld wrote: You switched an entire team...

Isnt this what SP did several ladles ago?
Yes, this is a little bit unorthodox, but it seems to be done out of poor planning rather than careful planning -- and that's an important difference.

Remember, the community has the power to control their fate if you feel slighted or mislead. You can simply deny their request to fill your bye, leaving all 14+ of them stranded on one team.

Also, listen to Zap. If your team isn't 100% sure you can take down Immortal Dynasty, then pass their request on to the next bye.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

sinewav wrote: Yes, this is a little bit unorthodox, but it seems to be done out of poor planning rather than careful planning -- and that's an important difference.
Regardless of whether it was careless planning, they clearly broke the rules. Why set rules if you won't enforce them?
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.